Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 5

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
Is it true that they have announced the Sims 5 and that in will be coming out March 2019?

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Is it true that they have announced the Sims 5 and that in will be coming out March 2019?

Nope. It isn't. I would say it would be true if the forums had exploded, The Sims YouTube contains news about it, and fans complaining at every round on the corner. Everything about The Sims 5 as of now is Fake.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    No. Sim Supply did a funny Sims 5 video, but it was a joke.
    Frankly, EA won't get me to buy Sims 5 even if they do make it.
    I don't even play Sims 4 anymore.
    I play Sims 3 & I find it to be so much fun.
    So much to do in that game.
    In Sims 4, I'm bored in such a short time.

I'd just keep checking these message boards for info on a possible Sims 5 release. Many people here get news pretty quickly & I'm sure that news would spread like wildfire.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you both. It was something they had put on simssupply I think, but a few people did reviews, so t thought it might be real.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Haven't heard anything about that -- it's more likely that if there's a Sims 5 with a brand new game engine it would be in 2020 to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the Sims series. But that's just my theory.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Some people think it should be released near 2019 because so far every new Sims game was released 4-5 years apart.

But EA said TS4 would probably not follow that trend, and we're still missing a lot of milestones so I believe them.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    Some people think it should be released near 2019 because so far every new Sims game was released 4-5 years apart.

But EA said TS4 would probably not follow that trend, and we're still missing a lot of milestones so I believe them.

I'm thinking sometime in 2020, to coincide with the 20th anniversary of The Sims series. Plus they're going to need time to get ir right, with a strong gaming engine, possibly higher specs (no more XP support and maybe even no Win7 either, go with Win8.1 and up) so it can be 64bit right out of the box (or download). I'm enjoying Sims 4 enough that I can keep happily playing until they can put out a quality product (learning from the mistakes of the early days of Sims 4).
  • Options
    I like the 20th anniversary theory. And I've always been in agreement that games should not aim to cater to low spec PCs.
    But now that the new generation of games are asking for spec higher than what I have, I find that it's a hard pill to swallow lol.
    In the long run we won't regret it though, it's for the best.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2018
    @BlueOvale wrote: »
    I like the 20th anniversary theory. And I've always been in agreement that games should not aim to cater to low spec PCs.
    But now that the new generation of games are asking for spec higher than what I have, I find that it's a hard pill to swallow lol.

Problem is, The Sims 4 is already pushing it for a lot of people. It requires a Quad Core i5 to run without peformance issues, and that's quite a jump considering that most people on laptops have Core i3's or Core i5 dual cores.

Even Alienware desktops stocked Dual Core i5's as standard when TS4 came out. My old Alienware Alpha came with a dual core i5 and that cost me over $1000+.

They have to cater to the laptop market, and they are already pushing it as they are. We've been told since Day 1 that The Sims 4 was designed for laptops.

And it makes sense, since nearly every post I read from people, they're playing on Laptops or MacBook Air's etc.
  • Options
    I would love a game that was for high end PCs but we have to face facts, the majority of the Simming community play on laptops even now, and probably would stick with older games if TS5 was catered to high end PCs.
  • Options
    I didn't know TS4 was that demanding.

This makes me wonder if we could possibly see TS4 quality graphics mixed with an open world in TS5.
    Sounds to me like we would need machines that barely exist yet.

Then again I look at games like World of Warcraft and it looks possible.
    But I don't know if WoW requires as much CPU power since it's an MMO and I bet there's a lot of data that's processed by servers.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

This makes me wonder if we could possibly see TS4 quality graphics mixed with an open world in TS5.

But I don't know if WoW requires as much CPU power since it's an MMO and I bet there's a lot of data that's processed by servers.

Graphics wise they could improve, but I don't know how much more they can do with the CPU.
    I guess higher graphics could mean higher demand from the CPU, but maybe they could better optimise it.

The Sims has always been pretty processor heavy. I remember the Sims 2 even needed high clock speeds from the CPU.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TS5 rumours will be going around for a while and it is best to take them with a pinch of salt for the time being.

This video does look pretty exciting however! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92FlNwWrvw
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlueOvale wrote: »

I'd be willing to keep loading screens for traveling between different neighborhoods and worlds, if we can at least get open neighborhoods. That might be a good compromise.

I could be pretty happy with Sims 4 while I save up for a computer that can handle Sims 5. Once I know the game is done I can start experimenting with CC (have enough issues with keeping mods updated), and there's still a lot of stuff I haven't done in the game.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Honestly i'd be happy to see another 4 full years of content for TS4 before moving on.

No way am I buying TS5 at launch, i'll wait a year or two when it is more full.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If they’re busy making a worthy successor for Sims 2 and 3, a true improvement, then they can take all the time they need afaic. If they aren’t... they can also take their time because I won’t be in the slightest interested.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Problem is, The Sims 4 is already pushing it for a lot of people. It requires a Quad Core i5 to run without peformance issues, and that's quite a jump considering that most people on laptops have Core i3's or Core i5 dual cores.

Even Alienware desktops stocked Dual Core i5's as standard when TS4 came out. My old Alienware Alpha came with a dual core i5 and that cost me over $1000+.

They have to cater to the laptop market, and they are already pushing it as they are. We've been told since Day 1 that The Sims 4 was designed for laptops.

And it makes sense, since nearly every post I read from people, they're playing on Laptops or MacBook Air's etc.

In that line of thought, they can't ever do a upgrade in system requirements on upcoming sims games. People need to upgrade their pc's, tecnology evolves and people need to evolve aswell, we shoudn't cut on newer and better things because some people can't afford better pc's. I play on laptop asweel, but if they do the sims 5 the right way (with all that should be in base game plus weather), i can even considering buy a new laptop or pc if they increase the specs. Sorry if i sound rude or insensible to those who don't have resources to buy a new pc, but for example, for the new Tomb Raider, my laptop runs the last TR, but the newer one o don't know if i will be able to play it, and i will not tell, "please keep specs on low because i don't have money right now".
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I haven't heard of sims 5 yet, I'm not looking forward to the making of it either. I would be happier if devs just focus on improving and adding more content to the sims 4.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

In that line of thought, they can't ever do a upgrade in system requirements on upcoming sims games. People need to upgrade their pc's, tecnology evolves and people need to evolve aswell, we shoudn't cut on newer and better things because some people can't afford better pc's. I play on laptop asweel, but if they do the sims 5 the right way (with all that should be in base game plus weather), i can even considering buy a new laptop or pc if they increase the specs. Sorry if i sound rude or insensible to those who don't have resources to buy a new pc, but for example, for the new Tomb Raider, my laptop runs the last TR, but the newer one o don't know if i will be able to play it, and i will not tell, "please keep specs on low because i don't have money right now".

Same. If I had to upgrade my PC for a better game, then I would.

The problem with this would probably the community. Most simmers are casual gamers, who only plays on small laptops, or work computers. They aren't inclined to spend money just for one game, unlike many hardcore gamers. Most people only plays The Sims on their computers, so upgrading their computers just for one game isn't justifying for many. Still I hope EA/Maxis can use the technology that we currently had know.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    TS1299 wrote: »

The problem with this would probably the community. Most simmers are casual gamers, who only plays on small laptops, or work computers. They aren't inclined to spend money just for one game, unlike many hardcore gamers. Most people only plays The Sims on their computers, so upgrading their computers just for one game isn't justifying for many. Still I hope EA/Maxis can use the technology that we currently had know.
    Must say I feel quite the exception, playing just this one game. Seems to me many simmers on here actually play a lot of other games. I’m strictly a simmer though. But totally prepared to invest in a good computer in order to play the game. In fact I have, for both Sims 3 and 4. I really don’t get why simmers should expect to be able to play this game one their mobile while other gamers find it completely logical having to buy a proper computer.
    (100% agree with @NeverSeemsToEnd as well)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »

Must say I feel quite the exception, playing just this one game. Seems to me many simmers on here actually play a lot of other games. I’m strictly a simmer though. But totally prepared to invest in a good computer in order to play the game. In fact I have, for both Sims 3 and 4. I really don’t get why simmers should expect to be able to play this game one their mobile while other gamers find it completely logical having to buy a proper computer.
    (100% agree with @NeverSeemsToEnd as well)

Now i only play two games, the sims (my favorite game since the first sims game came out), and world of warcraft, but i like to have a computer that could run others games, so when i buy a computer i don't have only the recommender specs, i always look for something better. And since the sims 1 came out i only changed pc 3 times, i don't think it's a lot and i know there are people who buy a new high end phone every month. It's sad to know that some companies are more interested on casual players then on the actual gamers, or people who really likes their game.
  • Options
    WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    I'd love a TS5 that takes all the best parts of the core four games, but only after TS4 is fixed and complete. TS4 might take longer to be done, though, since it's not like the older releases. We'll see!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    wedstrange wrote: »
    I'd love a TS5 that takes all the best parts of the core four games, but only after TS4 is fixed and complete. TS4 might take longer to be done, though, since it's not like the older releases. We'll see!

Sure it isnt, lets see, one EP per year, SPs all over the place. I hope they end TS4 in the year 2020, but the way they are releasing stuff maybe that happen in 2030, for the game to be considered a complete the Sims game, or sort of...!
    Post edited by NeverSeemsToEnd on
  • Options
    Honestly i'd be happy to see another 4 full years of content for TS4 before moving on.

No way am I buying TS5 at launch, i'll wait a year or two when it is more full.

Yes, I am looking forward to buying a new laptop soon, and am hoping TS4 has many years to go... I have over a years content to catch up on!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    This is another thing people gushing for Sims 5 forget - will their computer even handle it? And if it can - well, that would be because there would be no technical changes with Sims 5 running on the same engine. Which misses the point of a sequel.

Sims Cats&Dogs was a cue for a lot of people to decide that their 10-year laptops needed upgrading, and then they stared at Sims 4 on their new laptops and said... well, without the censors it goes a bit like, "Wow, so THIS is why Sims 4 fans don't complain about graphics."
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Loanet wrote: »
    This is another thing people gushing for Sims 5 forget - will their computer even handle it? And if it can - well, that would be because there would be no technical changes with Sims 5 running on the same engine. Which misses the point of a sequel.

Sims Cats&Dogs was a cue for a lot of people to decide that their 10-year laptops needed upgrading, and then they stared at Sims 4 on their new laptops and said... well, without the censors it goes a bit like, "Wow, so THIS is why Sims 4 fans don't complain about graphics."
    Like I had to buy a new computer to be able to play Sims 4. That happens and indeed, it is a necessary and good thing for a sequel (too bad the cause was purely graphics and not anything more substantial that turned out to be demanding). Try Sims 2 and 3 on highest settings and you’ll understand why the fans of those games aren’t complaining about graphics either.
    5JZ57S6.png