Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sim’s traits affect how they pose for photos?

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
So I have a sim who has the flirty trait and a lot of the time when I switch control to her she is usually in a happy mood and feeling flirty etc. Had another sim take her photo and she picked two poses I’ve never seen my other sims pick

26995751108_4b487c0f32_k.jpgAnd she knows it by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

40824713592_ea65ea01af_o.pngAnd she knows it by epic FUZZ, on Flickr

EDIT: Embedded screenshots
EDIT: I've never seen other sims pick either of these two poses before. Only this sim has

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    When your Sim takes a pic of another Sim, the pose they do depends on their current mood state, not their trait. Since she was feeling flirty, that's why she did those flirty poses for the pic. :)
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    When your Sim takes a pic of another Sim, the pose they do depends on their current mood state, not their trait. Since she was feeling flirty, that's why she did those flirty poses for the pic. :)

I don’t know what she was feeling at that time, some variation of happy I’m guessing
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I think I've gotten those while my sim was flirty. That would be interesting to test.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I did wonder the same but if that's the case would it also depend on what pose they do for "selfies"?
    I had a sim take a selfie whilst on the bridge in selvadorada past the first gate and he was showing off his muscles and I've never seen that one before - I did find it quite amusing though
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I did wonder the same but if that's the case would it also depend on what pose they do for "selfies"?
    I had a sim take a selfie whilst on the bridge in selvadorada past the first gate and he was showing off his muscles and I've never seen that one before - I did find it quite amusing though

Yeah, selfies also go based off of their current mood.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @DevilNDisguise interesting, I might have to give that one a try and see what happens
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think their current mood does but don't quote me on it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I feel like emotions are stronger than traits, so emotions are more likely to affect how they pose. Traits are kind of useless in the sims 4 and the emotions thing is too bipolar and unrealistic for my liking.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    My main female sim poses that way even without feeling flirty, and she isn't romantic either. To be honest, I can't stand the way female sims pose for photos so I normally select 'take photo' and try to catch a candid picture of them. Some of the candid shots turn out quite well too.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2018
    It is usually based on their moods. There are a complete of "normal" poses as well but if your sim is in a certain mood they're more likely to choose a a pose corresponding to their mood. I wish we could choose the pose even if it was something that was available only when you had the max skill. It would make taking portraits for my legacy walls so much easier. I believe if they're happy or fine they can choose anyone but how the game chooses which I have no idea.
    ~ ~ ~