Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random Alien baby in household and Sim now unemployed?

Hey
I hadn't played one of my households in about a week, but I went back to it because one of the Sims from there randomly appeared as a vet. When I went into that household one of the Sims had an alien baby and the other was unemployed when he was at the top of his career (level 10) previously

I didn't know this could happen? Is there any way to turn these kinds of setting off. it has ruined that household's story progression for me and undone a lot of work getting him to that level. :( I dont have any mods or CC

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Did they get abducted before you left that household?

For the one that is now unemployed, id recommend just cheating them back to their former career position cause you did the work for it.

Go into your settings and there should be a way to customize the settings so it doesn't "story progress" while you're not playing that household. Can't remember the exact option at the top of my head, though.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    This sounds confusing because there should be no changes to careers as long as the household is marked played. Could you have marked them unplayed by accident? The plumbob above the household should be bright green (it shows they're played).

Pregnancies will advance even when you're not playing, there's no setting for that. They must have been abducted the last time you played them.