Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Couldn't save Sim

I was happily exploring the Temple with my vampire Sim. She examined the traps and was left with two options. She aligned the Sun and caught fire. Not to worry there was pool near by and she had plenty of water in a waterfall bottles. Nope she was in full panic mode and nothing I could do would get her to extinguish herself. No water bottle and no jumping in the pool. So I exited without saving, lost all progress and reloaded my last save.

I found her inability to save herself in spit of my taking precautions to avoid this sort of thing mildly irritating.

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Sorry to hear that! I get attached to my main sims so I would hate to have that happen! Was she on her own? I've had mine always go with at least one other sim, and I make sure they are stocked up on gear.... though who knows, same thing could also happen.
    My sim got poisoned, and though I knew there was time, I made getting an antidote top priority. (It actually would be more exciting if the poison worked a tad quicker so there would be a sense of urgency and danger)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I've gotten into the habit of saving Everytime I get passed a trap and into a new chamber. Call me "overly cautious" but better safe than sorry.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    That happened to my simself the first time I played JA! I was really annoyed. I mean, she had a pool there and waterfall in a bottle? There are so many options other than just letting yourself BURN TO DEATH. Come on Sim-me!
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I haven't lost any sims to the jungle yet, but I did pick up some curses.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I haven't lost any sims to the jungle yet, but I did pick up some curses.

I have yet to get a curse. Care to share what happened to your Sims? I'd love to know.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited March 2018
    the 'can't save a sim on fire' thing has been coming up quite a lot since this pack came out. but the thing is, you *can* save them. very easily, too

the absolute first thing you need to do is pause the game. your sim is panicking, you are panicking. pause the game, take a deep breath, then click on your sim. there will be a self-interaction could 'put self out'. click on that, cancel their 'on fire' that is already queued up, unpause game, you now have a sim that will put themselves out and not burn up

edited to add replies to the later comments:
    on poison, you have nearly an entire week to find the antidote. not even remotely a problem with that. the first stage is 12 hours long. when that runs out, they will either get better or enter stage two, which lasts 3 days. then, stage three hits, which is another 3 days. more than enough time to find a computer or some bone dust and visit a selvadoradan.

on curses, there are several guides about them. i put a quick one up in the 'jungle adventures did you know' thread, and simsvip has a much more in depth one as part of their overall guide to the pack
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Ah just a heads up to those needing a computer in Salvadoria...there's one in the museum. It's kind of hard to see, but it IS there. If not you can just go into build mode and put one in there ;P
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I ran into that twice. The first time, I panicked and had my Sim die. She wouldn't use the water in her inventory, either. The second time it happened, I clicked on her and the Extinguish Self option came up. She put out the fire and then used one of the water bottles to clean herself afterward.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Ah yes, every Sim carries a pocket extinguisher now since in this alternate universe fire-fighting doesn't exist.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It seems some sims are destined to die a horrible or stupid death. I've had my share.