Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Totally wrong time of year but.. [elder sim appreciation thread]

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Thanks @wen15 I don't like my elders looking too old so I let them keep most of their hair colour. His hair is not nearly as bright as in his youth but I wanted to keep him ginger.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I don't play with elders at all but I saw them walking with the stick they cracked me up. <3
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I saw the food wagon coming back into service and the driver is getting older and had recently aged into an elder just before the new season so the town will be looking for a new driver soon enough.
    39068503251_488f17ea6a_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but the food wangon came with the university EP, right? I have that EP but wasn’t a fan of the social clubs in that so I disabled it.

But I do have the ice cream man from seasons! I never thought to look at the driver, but I should! Assuming you can see them.

Thanks for the comments, everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @KatyJay88 Anytime is a great time for a Sims 3 picture of any season. Thanks for sharing a lovely moment. <3 But, I must ask, who says grandmas get up before dawn? Maybe if they have insomnia. I work in a healthcare setting, and as a general rule, I better not even think about calling grandma or grandpa before about 10:30. I'm rapidly approaching grandma-hood, too, and were it not for work, I wouldn't be up either. The phone wouldn't bother me, though, because I never answer it. :D

@puzzlezaddict What I wouldn't give for your 60 degrees and even rain about now. Very tired of winter at the moment. It has worn out its welcome with me (not that I ever really like it).

@suzses You asked "who says grandas get up before dawn? Maybe it they have insomnia," So as an elder, I say. Maybe if they have insomnia or A Cat ;) like I have. but I love her.
  • Options
    Ha well I got a short memory of Appaloosa Plains. Each time I got a plummy cc I am not sure if it's really patched for pets or not, I go to this town I choose a house full of cats and I test the cc in matter. I remembered the old man yelling at the cat as a bug all the time I told to myself it is real or a bug? Such it reminds me of reality , some people are sourer becoming older.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    @KatyJay88 -It's a food truck tha came with Late Night and I had to refer to it as a food wagon because trucks weren't around in the 17th century.I only enable it in the colder seasons though it gets disabled if the roads get too dangerous for traffic in the winter from freezing rain or too much snow piling up on them.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    41127874302_f7985230f7_h.jpg[/url]
    This was just Dudley getting the mail, but I think it looks like he's unimpressed with the falling snow.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    @Goulsquash what a shot! He absolutely looks unimpressed :lol:
    Your photo looks so detailed! Your graphics must be at the highest setting - gorgeous shot!
  • Options
    @KatyJay88 Thank you! I think I have all but a few of the settings on max. I keep the draw distance a bit lower to compensate so my computer doesnt meltdown ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Another "wrong time of year" picture that was just too adorable not to share :heart:

Granny Monica taking her sweet little granddaughter Harlow out for a stroll in the brisk winter air :blush:
    Harlow comes from the fact that her dad, Nick, is a celebrity rock star drummer playing gigs all over town with his band (see second photo!), so the name reminds me of a name that celebrities nowadays would actually give to their child - and I also think it's a beautiful name so that helps haha.

30530930_10101440791055870_1135866421402664960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFe1KN-oXo4j_xmAa6MQgFOPo3z9WhkL_UgIviDheLZM9QBxH6tzae9u5idfoT2FRRtHMcWH3Vc6zTsGEWbcwlGCIcOjDFAWFrdQTNVSTYXKw&oh=946328119e7b6ddfaef196eac4881db7&oe=5B2774B9

30571211_10101440792757460_5027878554252083200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFjp1BBhUmO8FRkM4jKYqs-Ia9fs4c3TBP8VXQ1viVYjI6YPrt3Wx68f7pFFwyk9Pr0VnIKf1iVxMUuk2PkNfLANesMfOQf3Ar0bRlbcd8m1g&oh=d0b67a69b64aa9b3645c7a1e387c6881&oe=5B2F20C5

ETA: Also, Grandma Monica is the GRANDDAUGHTER of the Grandma in the original post! I can't believe how far along I've come in my legacy! :heart::heart:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    @suzses You asked "who says grandas get up before dawn? Maybe it they have insomnia," So as an elder, I say. Maybe if they have insomnia or A Cat ;) like I have. but I love her.

@Evalen I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. Yes, cats are great alarm clocks. :p I have a cat, who has not been getting me up, I think mostly because the dogs are in bed. The dogs, however, find all kinds of reasons to start barking and jumping out of bed. Like this morning when the recycling truck came like it does every single week, and they still think we need to know about it. So, anyway, I was awakened earlier than necessary, and I see a nap in my near future.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Evalen I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. Yes, cats are great alarm clocks. :p I have a cat, who has not been getting me up, I think mostly because the dogs are in bed. The dogs, however, find all kinds of reasons to start barking and jumping out of bed. Like this morning when the recycling truck came like it does every single week, and they still think we need to know about it. So, anyway, I was awakened earlier than necessary, and I see a nap in my near future.
    My Goldfish does this all the time.

Igazor, don't you think it's time that you admitted you have named your dog "Goldfish"?

Nah, no one really needs to know that. >:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @iagazor -That's like naming my orange tabby FreddyPig and I even called him Pig most of the time.We both picked strange names for our pets.I named a cat Pig and your dog got names for a fish.

Here's a scenic view of the town of Deery Meadows,Maine taken in the early part of the winter of 1623.Note the log cabin styled city hall off in the distance and the market nearby.
    39068216521_eb5b15abe0_b.jpg
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

I have a cat too, and he understands very well that he's not allowed to wake me up at 5 in the morning. Even if he's really really hungry. So instead, he's volunteered to catch his own breakfast, even though he's most definitely an indoor cat, despite his protests to the contrary. This past week, I've awakened a couple of times to the sound of his trying to claw his way through the window screen.
  • Options
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    41127874302_f7985230f7_h.jpg[/url]
    This was just Dudley getting the mail, but I think it looks like he's unimpressed with the falling snow.

@Goulsquash : ahah due to his advanced age, why he should be impressed by snow? He is use now.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    LOL-ing at all the comments about cat alarm clocks :lol:

ETA: The kitty that I had a few generations previous to this one in my legacy save decided to ride shotgun in the car, and every time I see my DP it makes me smile so much!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Goulsquash I may be projecting, but perhaps Dudley is unimpressed because it's the middle of April already and he's really tired of seeing snow. He may be thinking, "Go ahead and land on me and I'll melt ya, you'll see."

Or, maybe he's remembering something from the past that involved snow. It might be something nice. A few weeks ago, a gentleman in his 80's told me about the first time he saw his wife on the school playground and what she was wearing. He had a similar look. It wasn't unimpressed, just kind of wistful and backward (in time) looking.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @Simsophonique haha it was actually my first winter with him, hes a premade in Twinbrook so it would have been his first snowfall.

@suzses I actually turned snow off the winter after the one in the picture, I was tired of seeing it outside my house and in game :s
  • Options
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    @Simsophonique haha it was actually my first winter with him, hes a premade in Twinbrook so it would have been his first snowfall.

@Goulsquash : Oh I didn't know :blush:. By the way, perhaps premades knows weathers as they supposed to life their life autonomously in this game. Each time you open a world, life is animated.
    Yep I pull my hairs with theories ahaha.