Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONFIRMED: Guinea Pig Disease in new Stuff Pack!!

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Seems like this might bring a new death to the game. Wonder how many will pass it up if that's the case? :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    Seems like this might bring a new death to the game. Wonder how many will pass it up if that's the case? :p

Also it's highly contagious and spreadable. So you could send your ill Sim to the local gym and start a Guinea Pig Disease apocalypse. >:)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'm so bummed there's no guinea pigs :( but their hamster kind of looked like a guinea pig, so I'll just pretend.. I am all for more death types, so this pack is getting more interesting (although I still wish we got a game pack of quite a few different small animals).
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    As someone who almost lost their life to swine flu, I cannot support this pack.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    ernesdo wrote: »
    I'm so bummed there's no guinea pigs :( but their hamster kind of looked like a guinea pig, so I'll just pretend.. I am all for more death types, so this pack is getting more interesting (although I still wish we got a game pack of quite a few different small animals).

yeah the hamster looks like a guinea pig to me and I know the look of guinea pigs pretty well (I own six!) so who knows. . . maybe a mix-up? are the guinea pigs disguising themselves with a fresh new identity so as to not be punished for their murderous crimes? are they now undercover in this pack with nefarious intent of continuing their devious rampage of destruction? one can only hope.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You know it'll probably be nerfed right? I can already see it happening. It'll be as mild as all the other GTW sicknesses and super easy to cure too. I'd be surprised if it was as bad as it was back in Sims 1, but kudos to them if they kept the severity of it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You know it'll probably be nerfed right? I can already see it happening. It'll be as mild as all the other GTW sicknesses and super easy to cure too. I'd be surprised if it was as bad as it was back in Sims 1, but kudos to them if they kept the severity of it.

Yeah I would be very , very surprised if they do. I had a sim die from it the other week in TS1.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member

yeah the hamster looks like a guinea pig to me and I know the look of guinea pigs pretty well (I own six!) so who knows. . . maybe a mix-up? are the guinea pigs disguising themselves with a fresh new identity so as to not be punished for their murderous crimes? are they now undercover in this pack with nefarious intent of continuing their devious rampage of destruction? one can only hope.

I love that idea! :D Six guinea pigs sounds like a lot of work (I have two lil ones). I wonder if we'll be able to have multiple pets in the same cage? Could be nice!
  • Options
    I'm guessing you can buy the cure (or possibly make it) just like you can with regular sickness. That way if you want the plague to carry on, you can. And if you don't, you don't have to.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you can buy the cure (or possibly make it) just like you can with regular sickness. That way if you want the plague to carry on, you can. And if you don't, you don't have to.

There's another problem with that: What if some unplayed townie came to visit and tried to play with your pet rodent and got bitten? Unless you want to take the time to find that townie, play them, give them the cure, etc, that plague is going to spread like wildfire and onto Sims that you don't want dying. I would certainly be one unhappy camper.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    The good old days of watching a whole household perish for not washing their hands after looking after the guinea pig... o:)

I quit without saving because they were among my favorites but yeah. :D Would be cool to have it back.

I wish I could've seen a video of this.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

There's another problem with that: What if some unplayed townie came to visit and tried to play with your pet rodent and got bitten? Unless you want to take the time to find that townie, play them, give them the cure, etc, that plague is going to spread like wildfire and onto Sims that you don't want dying. I would certainly be one unhappy camper.

Good point.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Thank you for making me laugh today lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    It's unlikely that the disease will spread without player interaction, much like how Vampires won't turn random Sims without you directing them to (playing as them or asking them to turn you). Even if it does, I'm sure they have some way of overcoming that. Maybe unplayed townies only get to level 2 of it or it comes off them if they're not on the lot or something.

I feel like if there is indeed a plague from this disease, it will be player driven. Pretty sure the devs learned their lesson back in Sims 3 when, what was it, zombies or vampires?, over-ran the place lol.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2018
    Shame on me, what is the Guinea Pig Disease?? I will research on Sims Wikia ...

EDIT: OMG :o

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5O5cgXuqhnA
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Welp, guinea pig or no I'm sure it'll be interesting to watch sims pass off the rodent plague to one another. :p

@TheGoodOldGamer Might function much like the sickness system from GTW?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Welp, guinea pig or no I'm sure it'll be interesting to watch sims pass off the rodent plague to one another. :p

@TheGoodOldGamer Might function much like the sickness system from GTW?

I've asked @SimGuruGraham on twitter for more details. If he answers, I'll post it here. Or maybe he'll see this and pop in. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    Won't be watching the livestream due to no support for this pack, that and it's opening weekend of Spring Break and work will be hectic for the next several days.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    IIRC the guinea pig disease only happened if sims were bitten by a guinea pig living in a filthy cage. There was a painting refering to it, the "forgotten guinea pig". The same painting that you had to buy to cure the disease (a fact I learned only after the disease took my Newbies, leaving their 3 kids orphaned). If it works like that again, then if sims regularly clean the cage there'll be no risk of random townies catching something.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I've been waiting so long for the hamster disease to return! Ah...man that takes me back to my childhood. And yes, I would pay $10 for death by hamster alone. Call me crazy, I love the nostalgia.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    IIRC the guinea pig disease only happened if sims were bitten by a guinea pig living in a filthy cage. There was a painting refering to it, the "forgotten guinea pig". The same painting that you had to buy to cure the disease (a fact I learned only after the disease took my Newbies, leaving their 3 kids orphaned). If it works like that again, then if sims regularly clean the cage there'll be no risk of random townies catching something.

hoping that special artwork makes a comeback! previous sims games really did have some killer guinea pig decor.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    There should be a cure if there is this disease; that alone makes me NOT want to buy this game pack. I miss the birds. What are we getting how, the old pets expansions piecemeal for more money each pack?
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Absolute nonsense.
    Complete cash grab
    Tease the old players who liked and missed the disease. Peak the interest of newer players who wonder what it is.
    Way to treat your loyal fans EA!! **claps**