Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beaches: World or Vacation?

Comments

• Options
    LongsocksLongsocks Posts: 44 Member
    Either one, as long as I get a beach for my sims to enjoy.
    I would much prefer both options, one being a vacation world like a tropical beach vacation spot the other being a different themed beach style world to live in ...so many different types of beaches...but I really really want swimmable oceans in all worlds with a beach.
  • Options
    HavejusticeHavejustice Posts: 22 Member
    Beach World Pack (EP) - to live in permanently like IP.
    Beach/Ocean World so we can have Mermaids live in the ocean!!!!! <3
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    beach world so we can add all the venues and builds and get it just so, also activities like to swim, surf, beach parties, volleyball, beach ball catch for toddlers, beach ball volleyball for children, sand castles all ages and with a season change: a snow world with ice sculptures, snow shoeing, sugar shack, skating ponds, children can build snow forts and snow men and play on the ice sculptures made by grown ups toddlers could make snow balls, everyone should be able to throw snowballs. If sims are silly enough to swim in the ocean in the winter they could turn blue like the pet disease.
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    Beach Vacation with a Honeymoon Spot.

complete with a heart-shaped vibrating bed! oh, and can we have an update on the swimsuits section of CAS?

Oh, can we have a resort style and have different resorts you can check in to? like budget vacation would have the possibility of bed bugs or keep the roaches from city life (ha ha), cold showers, and horrible food in their restaurants but with quick access to the beaches and locals or economy style vacation for a family and their children with a cool pool complete with slides and diving boards, cheap foods but tasty and last but not least an all-inclusive vacation with luxury suite, butler for the entire stay, private pools, rooftop nightclub, top chefs the whole nine.

for more of the honeymoon feel there could be a place that newlyweds go to with an amazing waterfall/cove/hidden beach to be one with nature (corny but not vulgar) there has to be an amazing spot for pictures or maybe we could get our photobooth back (fyi i do not like the photo studio thing we have now) can we have windsurfing again? sunburns, suntanning, frisbee, volleyball, sandcastle building, endurance training for our active sims (swimming, running in the sand) uncomfortable moodlets from sand in foreign places.

If we get this as a world maybe we could finally get bananas and a bunch of other plants, fruit, vegetables native to island/beach areas. (passionfruit, coconut, figs, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, grapefruit, oranges, etc). (I've said it before the foods our sims make should be available to be harvested or purchased from a store food doesnt just magically appear)

This would be a very good investment and addition to my sims game IF it has more than two things to do.
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I'd like a place where not only could you send your Sims for a trip but to obtain a second home there and stay however long you decide. I'd like a few features to carry over to other neighborhoods like:
    • Swimmable Oceans
    • Scuba Diving
    • Beach Sand that can be played with and used (Burying Sims, Sandcastles)
    • Honeymoon Vacation, Spring Break
    • Beach combing - For Sea Glass & Shells
    • Sun Bathing - On towels or Lounge chairs
    • Sun Burning
    • Beach Towels
    • Spa Turbans
    • Using a Metal Detector
    • Boating
    • Resort Hotels & Motels - With Maid Service, Room Service
    • Oscillating Ceiling Fans for Interior and Porches
    • Lanai Porches
    • Hammocks on (Trees, Freestanding, Between two Palms)
    • Grass Roofs with TEXTURE
    • Spa Amenities at the hotel or business we haven't had (Listed Below)
    • Second Homes
    • New Restaurant Types
    • Beach Volley Ball
    • Making Jewelry with Sea Glass & Shell finds
    • Beach type music for the Radios like Surf, Reggae, Hawaiian
    • NPC Life Guards at Beaches and Public Pools
    • NPC to Bring Drinks at Hotel Beaches
    • In-Line Skates
    • Listening to a conch shell and hearing the sea
    • Dogs running on the Beach and swimming in lakes and oceans
    • Taking Dogs on Vacation to the second house
    • Water Slides or Water Park Build pieces
    • Pool Bars
    • Fishing off the side of a pier
    • Bait Shacks
    • BBQ at the Beach
    • Fishmongers

New Foods
    • Oysters - Rockefeller, On the Half Shell
    • Seafood Boils - Should have been in the Base Game considering the initial neighborhood
    • Mango Smoothies
    • Steamed King Crab Legs
    • Jerk Chicken with Red Beans and Rice
    • Jamaican Beef Patties
    • Cuban Sandwiches
    • Crab Cakes
    • Poke

New Spa Amenities
    • Mani/Pedis
    • Facials
    • Wraps
    • Vichy Showers
    • Feet Washing
    • Leg Waxing
    • Dipping Hands in Paraffin Wax
    • Lomi Lomi Massage
    • Fish Pedicure *** ONLY IN THE VACATION ZONE

I wouldn't mind terribly if these features were confined to just the area
    • Surfing & Water Boarding
    • Waterfall Cave Exploration
    • Entering a Sand Sculpture Contest
    • Horseback riding on the beach
    • Volcanoes
    • Petting Sting Rays
    • Observing Sea Turtles lay their eggs and later on having the babies hatch and go into the sea
    • Steel Drums
    • Conga Drums
    • Deep Sea Fishing
    • Mango Trees
    • House Boats
    • Speed Boats & other Water type Toys
    • Mega Yachts
    • Sail Boats
    • Mermaids
    • Hula Dancing or Capoeira or both
    • Luaus
    • Climbing trees for Coconuts
    • Limbo
    • Helicopter Ride
    • Fire walking
    • The Witch Doctor from Sims 2 back
    • Pirate Ghost Back Arrgh!
    • Surf Shops
    • Tiki Bar

I honestly could live with it as an Game Pack but with everything I listed but I think that might be too much for a Game Pack though

Your post made me happy so i will make it seen twice :blush: Excellent!!!!!!
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    WORLD. I'd be so upset if I can't have my sims live in a beach world. It's important for my game to feel complete, so if I can only access it through vacations, nah.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Beach Vacation Pack (GP) - to visit for a limited amount of time like OR and JA.
    A relaxing vacationing spot.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    My only use for Brindleton Bay/Cats and Dogs is the beachfront property. I’m sick of suburbia.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Both. But I suppose a world would be best because we can always make a rental property without cheats.
  • Options
    KatieGlow95KatieGlow95 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would prefer it as a world. I want my sims to be able to permanently inhabit lots without getting notifications about their vacation timing out.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2018
    How come both isn't an option? I want a beachy world to live on, but I also want a vacation world like OR and JA! Also I want the option to book a honeymoon before the wedding, like we had in previous games. That was awesome, I can't remember which one is was, maybe Sims 3?
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would like a beach world with oceans to swim in that my sims can live in all the time.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How come both isn't an option? I want a plum world to live on, but I also want a vacation world like OR and JA! Also I want the option to book a honeymoon before the wedding, like we had in previous games. That was awesome, I can't remember which one is was, maybe Sims 3?

Both isn't an option because they won't make two packs so similar except for the fact that you can own property in one and rent property in the other. The are made differently, placed in different packs (GP vs EP) and even located in different parts of the worlds menu. This is the reasoning behind my poll question. We won't get both, so which would you rather have more, a place to live or a place to visit.
  • Options
    FelpataMaraunderFelpataMaraunder Posts: 14 New Member
    Beach Vacation Pack (GP) - to visit for a limited amount of time like OR and JA.
    I feel like we already have plenty of permanent beach enviroments to live in while we don't really have a vacation kind of beach.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    At this point I’ll take anything. Can I say both?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I would prefer a live-in world, but not in an EP. It could be the same size or even a bit smaller than what's in JA and that would be fine with me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    I chose live in because I realy want to be able to have a family live in a beach environment. But IF and thats a bigbig IF they make the existing oceans swimmable and added seasons, so I could go tanning, swimming and just hang out at the already existing beaches, I would loooooove a tropical vacation! I only go to GF to get something for my collections, as it just takes too much time away from home and there's just not so much to do. I would love to be able to have my sims relax at a beach that' completely different from all the beaches around the ones we have right now.
    Actually, my wish would be for the ocean in Brindleton Bay to be swimmable in and the Sand at the beach playable for sandcastles and I would be happy. Then I would wish for the GP Beach Vacation Spot.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Both but still would love to have a functional beach.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want both. I actually want 2 different beach worlds. One vacation style GP with a more "exotic" feel and a beach world EP with a Californian vibe for sims to live in.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    UzumakiBrandonUzumakiBrandon Posts: 20 Member
    The oceans in-game are so beautiful,they even added the splash sounds,I wish we have something like a sea-side home.that has a backyard leading to the ocean,and swimmable oceans duh!!!!
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Porque no los dos?

Have it as a world you can have a sim live in (but all the houses you can buy are super expensive because beach side real estate always costs a heap) and if you can't afford to live there you can vacation there in the accommodation.

Or if you're super rich you can even have a house in one world and buy a vacation house in the beach world which you can take vacations in yourself or rent out for income.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    TazzykikiTazzykiki Posts: 751 Member
    I would love to be able to live on a beach. It sucks when a vacation world is so beautiful and awesome, but you can't stay forever.
    KnhUVzT.png

• Options
    snikkipoosnikkipoo Posts: 31 Member
    Voting for world because I'd like a new type of world to live in, but I'd like a nice vacation spot, too! Both would be nice.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Always love a new vacation world! The reason I voted this choice instead of a home world with a beach is that Island Paradise just did all wrong with this imo. With a beach vacation world, me might actually have a chance of seeing real resorts. They were pointless in Island Paradise in my opinion, because they were only usable in home worlds, and why would you go to a resort in your own hometown?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2018
    I still want a world that looks like this, but it would make a good neighborhood for the world I'm trying to create

michael-bierek-rose-beach.jpg
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif