Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

❤ Chasing Hearts ❤ - Chapter 99 - 18OCT

Comments

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    Chasing hearts has returned :) I have yet to post the lagging chapters that are still on wordpress.

seanchasinghearts.wordpress.com
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So happy to see this here. I don't have word press to had some catching up to do. It ended at chapter 67 is that right?
    Sean is in a bad place but glad that Pammie is okay! Victoria is so mean to Sean maybe she likes him too? I don't think so though. Sean needs to get it together and start to live not sit and wait for things to happen that aren't going to.
    Thanks for this nice distraction today! :)
  • Options
    Yeah it's on word press and tumblr. And 67 was the newest chapter today. I will posted it all here today
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chapter 61 -Will She Ever Forgive Me?

I was pretty sure I was being followed by someone but I was determined to get to the bottom of Pammie’s disappearance. I had to play along with Samara’s drama to see if I could scope out her place to see if anything suspicious was going on. I overpaid the taxi driver and paid him before I got out so I could get into Samara’s house before a cop latched hold of me and dragged my butt back to the Hyatt. I bolted up to her call box and I could hear her excitement over the intercom as I pressed the button.

oLp6qWj.png

“Seanny? What are you doing here…?”
    “I’ve come to talk about the baby Samara.” I still was unsure about whether her pregnancy rumours were true, so I knew it would be a good leading chat for her not to be suspicious about why I was there.
    “The doors open. Come in.” she said. As soon as I came in she smiled at me but I was unwilling to accommodate any of her advances as she seemed to want to hug me. “I’m so glad you came around. I knew you would want to talk about the baby with me like adults. Being cruel to me isn't like you Sean…” she said.
    “But you being cruel to me is? I am under house arrest Samara and everywhere I go I’m called a woman beater. The magazines have had a field day with this for days and days. When is this going to stop?” I said feeling anger well up within me.

x97vvLv.png

“I know this looks bad for you, and I know what went down that night. But it’s done now. Can’t we just move on Sean?” she asked.
    “So it’s okay to kill my career but not your image, right?” I said feeling rage in fists as I pressed my nails into my palms.
    “Tell me what I can do to get you back. And I’ll do it…” she said lining the collar of my shirt. I stepped away from her and scoffed at her demands.
    “I could never trust you again Samara. You never had me from the start. We dated a few times, hooked up a few times … but I never said we were official. That was all in your head. I don’t know if you have seen my record love, but I haven’t had a girlfriend since I was about 20.” I said shaking my head.
    “But don’t you think the baby deserves a family?” she asked.
    “Look lets go and get a drink and sit down in the living room and chat a bit OK?” Samara smiled happily and i looked around trying to find an excuse to get away.
    “I’m just gonna head to the bathroom, I’ll see you in there.”
    “NO! No… you can’t,” she panicked. The seriousness in her eyes changed and she was beginning to fidget, “I’m having renovations at the moment. The toilet does not work  ... you will have to use my en-suite,” she said pointing the way. I nodded as if nothing was up, but I knew I had to get into that other bathroom somehow. She followed me into her bedroom and I turned for the door,
    “I’d love a glass of red wine…” She nodded nervously before turning away and heading towards her kitchen area.

ia5U3Sx.png

Fortunately Samara's en-suite bathroom was two way and the other side led to another room in the house.

I opened the door slightly and peeked into the hall sliding my body through quickly and walked quietly into the 'renovated' bathroom. Immediately I was shell shocked to what I saw. I placed my hands over my mouth at first to not shriek in utter shock.

8kFjqkR.png

Pammie was beaten in a bathtub but unrestrained and her photographer friend was tied to some piping that came from the bathroom sink.

i3vsJC5.png

They were both completely unresponsive. I locked the door behind me and dashed over to Pammie patting her cheek.
    “Oh Pammie, Pammie… Pammie… Darling Wake up?” I said going to feel for a pulse. With my other free hand I was calling the cops and giving them the address quietly to Samara’s apartment telling them about Pammie and this being a kidnapping situation. Pammie barely had a pulse. It was thready and very slow. She was pale and cold and I squeezed her hand and tried to rouse her up and she quietly grunted.

AJfXUy9.png

“Help is coming love. Okay?” I was on my knees and I scooted across the floor to check on her friend. He seemed to be in the same situation as Pammie. But my worry and panic had boiled over. I had to react. I got up from the floor and I flung back the door.
    “SAMARA!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, “SAMARA!?” I yelled again when I didn’t hear anything. I checked her kitchen and living room and there was literally no sign of her. I rushed around the house thinking she was hiding behind something, but it had finally occurred to me that she must have heard my panic echo in the bathroom and she had fled.

zDEAclv.png

I went back to the bathroom and sat with Pam monitoring her until the sirens in the distance came to help. I felt helpless watching them take her. I jumped in my waiting taxi and decided to head to the hospital to sit by her side to make sure she was alright and that she would pull through this ordeal. But in the bottom of my gut I felt responsible for all of this. If i had never been involved with Samara, none of this would have ever happened.

I hoped Pammie could forgive me for this.
  • Options
    Chapter 62 - Will She Wake Up?

7MPmKI5.png

I literally had not left the hospital for two days. Pammie had been given some sort of drug cocktail consistently for three days. They weren’t completely sure what the outcome of everything was going to be, but it was just a waiting game of monitoring, giving her drugs that counteracted with the ones that she was given and praying she wasn’t affected by it. Detectives came into Pammie’s room several times in the days I was there, and were beginning to see the sunnier side of my story since Samara made a cash withdrawal shortly after Pammie was taken to hospital and had disappeared.
    “Any news on Samara?” I asked.
    “None, she left her car her clothes and everything other than her cards and money. We have been watching closely to see if any transactions have been made. At the end of the day, she is a well-known face. We will get her Sean. Don’t worry.”

pImocr5.png

“Thankyou…” After a short chat the detectives left and I saw them outside of Pammie’s room talking to her doctors.

It was the middle of the afternoon and I had just gotten back from the coffee machine on my third day. I leant my hands down on the bed and I saw Pammie’s hand twitch. I looked up at her face and she gave me a weak smile with her eyes part opened.
    “Pammie?” I said quietly. She didn’t speak but she tried to before I pushed her nurse’s bell. “Are you ok love?” I asked. She sighed and I watched her eyes moisten before she nodded and gulped down hard. Two nurses and a doctor flooded in and fussed over her for more than 20 minutes checking her reflexes and her consciousness. I stepped out of the room while they tended to her and waiting patiently for them to come and get me to return.

Suddenly, I heard Pammie call my name in a crackly voice from inside her room. I walked in and stood by her bed and kissed her forehead.
    “I’m sorry for everything that happened Pammie. I’m so sorry…”
    “No. It’s ok…” she said struggling to talk. “You found me,” she finished reaching for my hand.

Wt62vyc.png

“I didn’t think Samara would go this far. But as soon as the cops mentioned you were heading to see her. I just had a gut feeling something was wrong. But I still feel responsible. I mean if she hadn’t turned up that night you wouldn’t be here. She is my mistake. And you shouldn’t have had to endure anything…”
    “I lost 5 days. It’s a blur. I’m just glad you found me. And Austin. Is Austin okay?” she asked.
    “Uh I’m not sure but I can go check if you want me to?” Pammie nodded weakly but I squeezed her hand once more and headed to the nurses station to see what room he was in. I walked across the ward and walked into a well lit room. There was an elderly gentleman half asleep beside his bed. Austin was either unconscious or sleeping but his monitors seemed the same as Pammie’s before she woke up.
    “Hello?” I said to the man who startled awake. “Hello, I’m Sean Hyatt. I’m just checking in on Austin. Pam Cromwell is awake and wanting an update.” The man got up from the chair and smiled at me gratefully,
    “Thank you for finding my boy…” he said holding his hand out to shake mine.

s4wHxmb.png

“How is he doing?”
    “He woke up a few hours ago. He’s okay. But he is definitely exhausted. But it’s good to hear that Pam is fine. He will be happy to hear that,” he said nodding.
    “Thankyou. Just let him know that Pammie is thinking about him. And that she is well…” I smiled turning for the door.

I arrived back at Pammie’s room and she was sitting up in bed drinking some water and searching my face for an answer.
    “He’s okay. He woke up hours ago. But he’s asleep now…”
    “Thank god. I honestly didn’t think he made it. There were times I woke up in the bathroom and he never was awake. I remember calling for him and he never answered.”
    “Well your both okay. But is there someone you want me to call for you?” I asked.
    “If you can call my mother in tomorrow morning at a decent hour … I would really like it.” I took down her number and sat back down just staring at Pammie.
    “You know you don’t have to be here Sean. I mean after the other night … there isn’t anything between us anymore for you to feel obligated to stay here.”
    “The other night has nothing to do with how I feel. You will always be my first love and friend Pammie. And I haven’t loved many women in my life darling. That’s got to count for something.” I said shrugging at her.
    “HA! I suppose.” She blinked heavily many times before I watched her doze off to sleep.

FihkXye.png

Knowing she was okay I decided to head back to the Hyatt and order her in some flowers for the morning and call her mother before I was going to visit her again.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chapter 63 - Grow Up And Move On?

“Rise and shine, board meeting time!” Beth said flicking over the curtain. I knew board meetings were at 1pm but Beth still insisted that I woke up early. “Rose said you slept right through her cleaning, and it’s bloody late…” Beth finished.
    “I was up half the night Beth. I’m not going today…” I groaned.
    “Yes you are. I ran all your florist errands and made all your calls this morning. I’ve had some weird prank calls from unknown numbers. I think they are Samara for some reason so I have been down to the police as well. And its 12 o’clock,” Beth said buzzing in and out of my wardrobe laying my suit over the end of the bed.
    “I don’t care if the queen is coming to the board meeting, I’m going to see Pam,” I replied miserably sitting up in bed resting my weight on my elbows.

iNFz5YJ.png

“You can’t neglect the Hyatt Sean. You’re treading thin ice here as it is…”
    “Yes mother…” I said sarcastically ignoring Beth and walking to the bathroom. I considered what she said for a moment and completely dismissed the idea of going because I wanted to make sure Pam was feeling better today and that she wasn't alone.

When I was dressed and ready to go I saw my mother standing in the lobby with Beth as if they were both waiting for me.

r8HZaEP.png

“Sean…” My mother called. As I went to go past her she grabbed for my arm, “There is an important matter to discuss today in the board room. I strongly suggest that you attend. Please?” she pleaded.
    “Ugh, Ok. Just for a moment. I have other important issues to tend to today…” I said leading the way to the board room. As I entered David stood from his seat,
    “Mr Hyatt you have decided to join us.” I snarled at him before plonking myself hard down in the seat.

9ALDqFL.png

I skimmed though some emails on the laptop and David spoke,
    “So let me start first. Gentleman we have a rather delicate but important matter to tend to. Now as you may know … we are having all sorts of legal problems and Josie has been struggling a little with public relations…” I looked down the table at her knowing exactly what this was about. “So considering James’ will, Deidre and I have met and discussed the Hyatt’s future for the next few months,” David finished.
    “Cut the bull David and say what you mean to say instead of dancing around it…”
    “Well in the best interest of Hyatt hotels, I think it is a wise choice for you Mr Hyatt to step out of the spotlight and take a leave of absence for 3 months. That is until Hyatt Hotels can recover from the media attention and your poor behaviour…” David said finally looking me in the eye. I wasn't to smash the glasses off his smug face before turning my anger towards my mother.
    “You knew about this?” I said standing up pointing an serious finger at her.

9NEzwoP.png

“I think it might be in the hotels best interest and yours.” My mum said before looking towards David.
    “You don’t even know half the circumstances that fed this drama everyone sees in the media. You don’t …” I said shaking my head feeling myself get angrier by the second.
    “Gentleman," David said ignoring us, "All in favour for Mr Hyatt taking a short 3 month suspension say aye…” It was amazing how much faith my team had in me when I watched more than half the men and women raise their hands. I looked around the table and not one person could look me in the eye. Except for Josie who was down the other end of the table just smirking at me evilly like she had gotten everything she wanted.
    “Oh well ... I guess it’s decided. Get your lawyer ready David. I will contest this all the way buddy. And the rest of you can go to hell. You’re all disloyal, two faced ... and sooooo replaceable when I get back. Mark my words…” I said before storming out. Beth came after me as soon as I left the room,
    “That wasn’t a very professional way of handling that situation Sean,” she said.

Esdj1LW.png

“Oh sod off! You knew about it! You’re not my secretary. You’re bloody hers. You play a really good part here Beth … silently being my mother and pulling my puppet strings because she can’t get close to me, and you can. So just leave me the heck alone. Actually consider yourself fired…” Beth stopped in her tracks and I kept walking up to my room.

x8Bfvnz.png

I was mad at first but I wasn’t going to fight it. I was done here. I knew I was done here the second my father handed the reigns to David partially. It was only a matter of time until he was going to pull the rug underneath me. I called for housekeeping and Rose showed up a few minutes later,
    “Monsieur Sean, how may I help with you?”
    “Rose, darling if you could please assist with folding and packing my suits and clothes in my suitcase … that would be fantastic.”
    “Is everything okay?” she asked. I came over to her and held one of her hands,
    “You have been great to me here, but I’m going away for a while.”
    “Oh okay. A long trip then?” she said not knowing what just happened in the board room.
    “Yeah something like that. Thank you for helping me and if you can take them down the elevator into the undercover parking area I have my car down there.” She nodded and I watched her pack my bags carefully but quickly. I gathered things from my bathroom and a lot of my personal things. I was going to leave this room as if I never lived in it.

3nAB1dA.png

An hour later, I loaded all my cases in the car and Rose smiled at me as I hesitated for my car door.

“Goodbye Monsieur. Have a safe journey…” she politely said knowing i wasn't taking a trip. I grabbed her hand and kissed in before pulling her in for a warm embrace.

wVYEjRB.png

Rose had always been a positive buffer for me at the Hyatt and i was truly going to miss her. After letting her go, I got in the car and drove away not even knowing if I wanted to come back to the Hyatt at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 64 - The Next Stop

I headed straight to the hospital knowing that was my first stop, but after that … I literally had no idea. I knew going back to the Hyatt was not possible now that I had left. I wasn’t going to come crawling back either. My phone rang constantly for an hour after leaving. Phone calls from my mother, Beth, and some unknown number which I assumed was Samara. I pulled up at the hospital and pulled the sim card out of it and binned it so no one could contact me further. I walked into Pammie’s ward and followed through to room and smiled at her sitting up in bed eating some lunch.
    “Hey you! I got the flowers, but JEEZ no one died Sean. I’ve seen less flowers at a funeral…” she said turning her smile into a laugh. I walked over to the bed and kissed the corner of her forehead,

ToOXRfS.png

“Your welcome sweetheart…” I said sitting down.
    “What’s wrong?” she said mid chew. Pammie was eating some gross looking hospital food, but didn’t seem to mind at all. But I ignored her question,
    “Do you want me to bring you some real food Pam? That looks bloody atrocious…” Pam looked down at it and cleared her cheeks with her tongue shrugging.
    “It’s actually okay. For me anyway. I’m not used of eating in 5 star hotels Sean…” she said cheekily. I couldn’t help but laugh back because she was right. Plus I was liking her humour this morning considering how miserable she was yesterday.
    “So any news from the doctor?” I asked her.
    “Yeah he says everything looks really good. I probably will be able to go home in a few days. But— I,” I signed noticing the colour leave her face. “But, I’m scared to go home…”

aexg8oE.png

she said gulping down hard. Her eyes began to well up and her eyes began to move around rapidly like she was tortured by a memory.
    “Hey…hey,” I said instantly getting up to sit on the bed. I cradled her head and drew her into my chest. “This is my fault. I need to fix this…” I finished.

l4jWLyv.png

“Sean. I was there, I wanted to see you that night. I didn’t know she was like that… I mean I expected her to be a level headed celeb. But I didn’t know it was going to play out like that…”
    “Neither did I. I didn’t know she would react that bad with jealousy. But I didn’t mean to treat you the way I did that night either,”
    “What I did to you with Austin. My boss had me under a lot of pressure and I regret everything…” She said lowering her head.
    “Seems like we both have a lot to apologise for, but your one of my dearest friends Pam regardless of how complicated our stuff is. I mean who else is gonna look after this face?”

DYbpRmG.png

I smiled running a finger along her jaw line.
    “Actually there is no one else I’d want looking after me but you. You protect me even if you don’t have to. And cared about me enough to find me, even though you were mad with me…” I didn’t reply I just kept holding her, and she let me.

I just couldn’t sort out what I wanted in the moment, did I love Pam romantically still? Or was it just a blinding protective love that lingered from forever ago?

I stayed at a cheap holiday inn near the hospital for two days when I finally picked Pam up from the hospital and took her back to Major hotels in St Albans. Pammie still didn’t know my situation at the Hyatt, and I didn’t feel the need to tell her yet because she knew I wanted to be around her. But I did notice that the better Pammie got, the more the anxiety set in. She was suffering some post-traumatic stress and would often go into panic mode when she thought about the ordeal with Samara. She constantly asked things like, “don’t leave okay” and “where are you going?” Often when I left the hospital I set up extra security for her room to make her feel protected. But now that I was here at Major hotels, I was wondering how I was going to stay here considering my last moment with I had with Victoria. No matter how it went down, I was never able to shake her from my thoughts. And oddly enough I wanted to walk through the door and just have her attack me and be mean to me just so we could talk.

When we arrived I looked around frantically for Victoria but she was nowhere in sight. I pushed the elevator button and got in with Pammie and led her to her room.
    “Okay I’m going to head downstairs and check in okay? I will try and get a room as close as I can to yours…”
    “You can stay here if you want?” Pammie asked. I looked around her room and stared obviously at her double bed.

R03hcj0.png

Pu2fJqA.png

I gulped knowing that if I stayed here it was going to get complicated. Part of me wanted to be with her. But it felt like it was just an instinct to just be with a woman, instead of actually wanting her the way I should.
    “I will stay with you all day, every day. I promise. But you know if I stay here at nights … things will change. And I can’t promise what you want Pam. I --…” I wanted to admit I was in love with someone else, but i couldn't because she stared at me with needing eyes.

I had some real feelings for Victoria. Regardless how much she hated me.

“Your right. I just feel scared…”

A9edr34.png

“I will try get the room next door okay?” Pammie nodded and I started backing towards the door. “Now lock this behind me and don’t open it to anyone else but me okay?” Pammie followed me to the door and I could hear the doors lock snip before I headed toward the elevator. As soon as i entered the lobby, I pressed the bell at the main desk and she popped her head out of a door quickly. I felt my whole face light up. A warm feeling filled my stomach, but then her head poked behind the door again and her whole face changed when she realised it was me. Her shoulders were slumped and she rolled her eyes at me more than 3 times before reaching the desk.

Z23ibFr.png

“Was throwing you in the lake not clear enough for you to know that I didn’t want to see you ever again?” she snarled.
    “It was clear, but I wanted to see you…”
    “About what?” she asked.
    “Just ...wanted to see you,” I smiled gulping down nervously.

TzRCFat.png

G9den4f.png

Her face didn’t change. It was like a fixed frown. “Uhm, anyway,” I said shaking off my nerves, “Do you have a room on Pam Cromwell’s floor. Preferably right next to hers?”
    “Are you being funny with me? Are you really back here to torture me some more?” she hissed.
    “This is nothing about you. I plan to stay for as long as she needs me...”
    “Okay Hyatt. Her neighbouring room is free and all yours… how are you going to pay?” she said un-amused. You could tell she didn't want me here, but i knew Major hotels was desperate for money, “I can pay you cash, in about an hour when I go to the bank… I just need that room reserved,” I said. I had been careful only making withdrawals in the city in case my mum was trying to find me. I knew a private detective would come into play soon enough.

But for now ... I just wondered and hoped if  Victoria would ever change her mind about me…
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chapter 65 - Hard Headed Woman

For three days straight I didn’t leave Pam’s floor. I was dying to leave and get some fresh air, but I was isolated because she was really anxious. I suggested that she go and see a doctor to get some kind of treatment, but she always assured me that it would pass. I wanted to respect her wishes and hoped it was a momentary thing. In the past three days we binged a couple shows on TV and watched about 10 movies. I had a different kind of loyalty to her considering I still felt at fault for all this.

aVh472b.png

On the fourth day, I woke up to my new phone dinging. I knew it could only be one person, because she was the only person with my number. I rolled over and read,
    “I’m up, comin’ over?” It was beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. It almost felt like I was falling to some kind of slow depression because I had done nothing. Even though I was being of use to her, I still felt useless. I  slicked my hair back with my fingers and went over to her room barefoot knowing it would be another Netflix marathon. Pammie must have heard my door unlock because I heard her door swing open.
    “How do you roll out of bed looking this good every day?” she asked. I shrugged and rubbed my eyes before pointing to her kettle,
    “I’ll be brighter after some tea sweetheart…” I said roaming inside and grabbing a tea cup before flicking the power point on, “How did you sleep?” I said mid yawn.

P3baJXw.png

“Better…”
    “You look better,” I said turning to her noticing her bruises had faded more and she was mainly left with yellow and purple remnants of what was darker days before.
    “I got a call from my boss, he wants me to write the Samara ordeal and send it to print ASAP. I mean it all happened to me right? I should be the one to write instead of people speculating…”
    “You haven’t been coping well though Pam. Are you sure you’re ready?” I asked.
    “I think it’s something I have to do. I think I have to put it all down on paper and get it out. It might be the start of a good healing process for me.” she said looking excited about it. I figured we could only stay indoors for so long before we got stir crazy but it didn't stop me feeling a little concerned for her. “So uhm the boss wants me to come in today for a few hours. Would you mind dropping me off?”
    “Yeah I can, and you will just have to message me when you want me to come and grab you. I just want you to be extra cautious because they haven’t caught Samara yet…”
    “I’ll be careful. But I was hoping to get dressed and organised and get going if that was okay?” she asked. The tea hadn’t even finished but I was nodding at her.
    “I might throw on some better clothes, and meet you back here in half hour then,” I said.

My time here at Major hotels looked like it was going to be shorter than I thought. I figured once Pammie went back to work, she would continue her days going to and from work because her article was bound to be a must read success for her. I had nothing now, it was as if Pam was my only thing to do. As I shaved in the mirror I pictured myself on the bed watching tv and doing nothing waiting for life to happen, or at least wait 3 months til my suspension was over.

TKumOKu.png

I didn’t know what to do with myself … I had always worked, and never really had a day off in my life. I didn’t even have any real hobbies to speak of because between working, I was either at a gym or chasing skirts. They weren’t really hobbies, they were more lifestyle choices.

Once I was ready, I went over the Pam’s room and she was ready to go. I went down to the lobby and looked around for Victoria, but again she wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

After dropping Pam off I went back to the hotel and sat in the bar area with a strong tea. I had my phone with me and I contemplated ringing Beth. She was the person I had come to rely on the most in the last few months, but after everything that happened … I turned the screen off as I heard hard high heels storming across the lobby.

8yiqkg2.png

“How was court?” I heard one of the desk clerks say.
    “It’s done…” I heard Victoria say. “That woman has ruined everything. I am his daughter! And she was married to him. She was supposed to want the things he wanted and that I wanted…” I heard her say with a creak in her voice. “But all she wanted once he was gone was the money. I can’t even pay her out to own this hotel on my own. She is entitled to 1/3 of the money we get for it. I don’t want to sell …” she said now crying.

l1voTLH.png

My heart went out to her. Obviously she had been fighting in court to keep this hotel against her step mother who had no intentions to run it with her.
    “How long do we have?” The clerk said.
    “6 months. 3.7 mil in 6 months… I’m already nearly half that in debt. The banks won’t look at me… There is just no hope,” she sobbed. I knew I could come in and offer to buy her out which would solve all her problems, but I knew it wouldn’t end well. She was in this amount of debt a few weeks ago ... and I got thrown in a pond, so there was no offer I could make to Victoria to help her. I heard her huff out loud and her steps came into the bar room. I was sitting in the back corner and she didn’t see me when I saw her go up to her bar,
    “Give me something alcoholic…” she said defeated. I turned my watch on my wrist and noticed it was only 10:45am. I decided to slip out of the bar room while her back was turned because I knew she would know that I heard everything. As much as I wanted to hear her rant to the bar man, I retreated back to my room at least til lunchtime and casually come out to see if she had recovered from this morning’s blow.

I had planned coming back in an hour’s time, but I must have nodded off to sleep at it was 2:30. I expected Victoria to be at the desk but I curiously went into the bar in case she was there. She had her head on the bar with her eyes closed and she was circling a glass over and over while it made a high pitch chiming sound.
    “Pour me another …” she slurred. I didn’t know whether it was wise to approach her while she was drunk. Only because she was feisty when she was sober, being drunk could be Victoria times two.

Just be cool, keep your mouth shut, be casual.

7uWjyJA.png

“Can I please have a scotch,” I asked the bar man politely. Victoria took her head off the bar and looked at me. I smiled at her feeling a lump form in throat suddenly. Her eyes were red, her makeup was ruined, and she just had the look of heartbreak on her face.
    I cautiously took a seat beside her and she sat up straight still looking at me. I couldn’t make eye contact with her because I knew fire was coming, I could feel it. Finally when I sipped my drink I turned towards her. I watched tears well in her eyes and her lower lip quivered. It was as if she wanted to say something but couldn’t.
    “Everything ok Victoria?” I asked cautiously.
    “Your dad’s dead right? You wanna make dad proud and stuff? I mean that’s all I wanted to do…” she cried. I winced for a moment at her choice of words, but knew what she was trying to get at. “I think it’s all about location, location, location. He should have bought a big one like your dad in London. You know ... your dad wouldn’t be ashamed… of Mr Sean Hyatt. Oh nooo…” she said sarcastically.

jU6ZCOs.png

“You would be surprised. I have always had the best intentions for my dad’s legacy only to disappoint myself and my family…” Victoria cried again. My hand instantly reached for her, but with Victoria you just never knew if you were about to get your head bitten off or … your hand if you tried to touch her. So I slumped my hand down by my side and ignored it as best as I could. Victoria was the only woman who intimidated me. She was the only woman who made me feel so excited, scared, and in love more than anyone else. I went for her shoulder again and touched her hair. It was soft and washed and it prompted her to turn toward me.
    “Don’t cry…” I said untwisting hair beautiful red hair from my fingers.
    “You know nothing about my misery Sean,” she sobbed again before standing. She leaned on her hand for moment to gain composure but lost balance and I instinctively went to catch her.
    “I don’t need your help. OKAY!” she said pushing off me and trying to stand up straight. I saw her knees wobble and she tumbled towards the tables and clung onto one before heading to the lobby.

SKA8Kmm.png

I looked back at the bar man and he shrugged and smiled,
    “I’ll get her…” I got up and in the meantime the clerk was trying to hold onto Victoria and was struggling to keep herself up as well. Victoria was like a dead weight and stumbled forward and into the stairs letting go of the desk clerk and passed out.
    “I don’t think patrons should see her like this. Do you have a key to her room?”
    “Yes...” the clerk replied. I grabbed Victoria and held her until the clerk pushed the elevator button for us to go up only one floor.

xMpRZAn.png

“I’m Sean Hyatt…” I said while we waited for the elevator to close.
    “I know who you are ... I’m Daphne. I’m the receptionist here and one of Victoria’s friends… Thank you for grabbing her like this. She’s had a tough morning,” she smiled.
    “Even the bosses have bad days…” I said politely.

When we arrived to her room Daphne opened the lock and pushed her door open for me. I looked around and the room was nearly as nice as Pammie’s. Victoria had been staying in a room here just like her customers. I gently placed Victoria on her bed and looked at Daphne concerned,
    “Is there anyone to watch her? She drunk… and passed out. She shouldn't be on her own…”
    “I’ll stay here with her. Can you go to the barman and get him to run the desk til I can rouse Victoria up to maybe have a drink of water or a shower…” They were that under staffed that badly there were no more than three people here at one time to run the place.
    “Of course…” I stared down at Victoria once more knowing she needed me. She was just that dam hard headed to admit it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 66 - I Don't Need A Prince Charming

VICTORIA POV

I woke slowly and every sense in my body was just screaming. My ears felt like I heard everything high pitched, my taste buds burned like fire, and my eyes just weren’t focusing no matter how many times i blinked. My brain literally felt twice its size,and it felt as if I could rattle it in my skull. Finally my eyes focused enough to check the time and it was about 5:30am. I wasn’t even that sure of how I got here and how long I had been asleep. I saw a half drunk water beside my bed and two painkillers as if they had already been popped for me.

nts6nCq.png

Must have been Daph.

I craved a shower, I reeked of alcohol and something else. I pulled my shirt to my nose and instantly belched in disgust. Ugh vom. I stripped my clothes off and immediately ran the shower. I stayed in the water for more than 10 minutes, just letting the hot water beat against my neck and back. As I breathed in the steam some of my senses felt like they had come to life again. “I’m never drinking again,” I thought to myself. Just as i began to feel human again, I tried putting everything that happened yesterday together. The first thing that come to mind was court. Familiar emotions rose again ... It was still so raw and I couldn’t control the tears that came down just as fast as the water did. The booze yesterday was just a distraction to the pain I felt inside. When dad died I thought that my step mother wanted to run this hotel. Initially she did, but then I started to see her change. And then I was summoned to court so she could be paid out her ownership of Major hotels. Arguing outside of court, and inside of court was like banging my head against a brick wall. She didn’t know the nostalgia that lived in these walls. My memories, my childhood and my parents. Knowing someone else was going to own it, made my stomach churn again, and I instantly bent down to be sick. I wasn’t sure if it was the hangover, or the fact that the hotel was going down … OR that I would be in debt for the rest of my adult life. Even after paying my step mother off, I would have to pay the hotels debt, bank debts and possibly declare bankruptcy.

7yS5jMh.png

Finally I had succumbed to the shower floor. Between being sick and crying … and sick of crying I had literally given up. How could she do this to me? How could she do this do dad? I lost control of my sobbing and wailed out loud, “I’m so sorry Dad…” I drew in a hard breath and wobbled on my knees to try and stand. I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my body and sat on my bed.

What was I going to do?

All of a sudden Sean Hyatt came to my mind. Was he in my room last night? My eyes widened for a moment and I had a vague memory of him laying me down on my bed. I gulped down and felt really confused about what happened yesterday afternoon.

Oh my god please tell me I didn’t sleep with Sean Hyatt!

YOHJdur.png

Just then I was startled by a knock at my door. I looked down at myself and reached for the hotel dressing robe and called out,
    “Who is it?” Please don’t be Sean, please don’t be Sean …. I thought to myself sliding my arms in the robe.
    “It’s Daphne…” I sigh of relief washed over me and I pulled the door open. “Good Morning sunshine,” she said greeting me.
    “Trust me there is nothing sunny about today,” I said turning my back to her.
    “Ok I’ll try and be really quiet…” I looked at the clock and it was 7:30. I must have just about used the hotels hot water staying in the shower that long.
    “Ugh god, give me the news. I feel like I was a complete fool yesterday. And I fear I may have done something completely …. Ugh. Oh god…” I winced placing my hand on my head.

8hw3hqv.png

“Well… you drank A LOT. Passed out in the lobby. It wasn’t a pretty sight Vicki,” Daphne said shaking her head.
    “That’s not my only biggest fear. I must have been blind drunk because I either had a really vivid sex dream or Sean Hyatt was in my room last night. Please tell me I didn’t leave the bar with Sean,” I said gritting my teeth waiting for her response. Daphne smiled at the sound of his name and it puzzled me,
    “Actually he was really charming, and really lovely…”
    “Daph! That doesn’t tell me anything!”
    “Oh yeah. Uhmmm sorry…,” she said with a girlish giggle.

She was totally crushing on Sean Hyatt. God.

JsrLRe5.png

“But yeah you passed out and he was really sweet and picked you up and took you to your room. He was quite the gentleman…” she smiled.
    “Oh god, give me a bucket…” Even though I reacted that way to Daphne I turned toward my bed remembering him picking me up and putting me there. And the more I thought about it ... I remembered him and I chatting yesterday and him being a little bit human to me.
    “I mean I know the guy is your sworn enemy, but he was very nice to you Victoria. Regardless of your exchanges … did you ever think you might have had him all wrong?”
    “No. Sean might be all charming … and swept you off your feet by being nice to me … but he is still smug and rude. He’s probably even lying about why he is here…” I said starting to feel mad.
    “But Vicki… have you contemplated your future and maybe stopped to wonder if he could help you?” Daphne said. I had contemplated that. But letting Sean Hyatt help me now was like completely undoing everything I had stood for in the weeks before.

OmsQzbC.png

I didn’t need a knight and shining armour! And I STILL definitely didn’t need Sean Hyatt.
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Chapter 67 - Every Man Falls Down Sometimes.

Fourteen days had gone, and while I was proud of Pammie getting her act together and being brave enough to attend work each day … I felt no more than a glorified chauffeur.

88JVcKo.png

I went back to the hotel every day, bored and usually went back to sleep and cleared the mini bar by 2PM as soon as Pammie gave me news that she had a ride home and that she wasn’t getting home til 6pm. I was literally waiting around the hotel for her like a useless lump. I wondered if I was depressed or was this what it felt like to feel hopeless? I felt reverted to a child because I deeply wanted to go home. I wanted to go back to a place where things made sense. Nothing made sense here. I owed Pammie everything for all that she endured, but I was starting to feel like a personal coffee maker and a taxi service. And being here around Victoria was torturous in so many ways. I wanted her and couldn’t have her, and every time I did see her in the halls or in the lobby she avoided me like the plague or I would get a snarling and dismissive look from her.

What was I still doing here? But where would I actually go?

55bd7oR.png

Being in this room just made my days darker, and the place didn’t even have a gym to work out. I often worked out to relieve stress, but I didn’t have stress … I had this odd feeling of despair and fear that I couldn’t control. And when the sadness washed over me I would just go to the fridge and drink. Drinking was just too easy.

HkCu4Mz.png

By midday I made my way down to the lobby and sat at the bar. I was beginning to know the barman quite well. He didn’t say much, but he was definitely a good listener after I had polished off his scotch.
    “Mr Hyatt. We cannot keep meeting like this…” he said finishing with a laugh.
    “Same as usual mate,” I said tapping the bar. “Keep the bottle out…” I said watching him pour a shot and go to put the bottle back. I heard heels in the background and I just knew it was Victoria by the way her feet stomped.

DX8Mjt4.png

I almost found myself lowering my head to not make eye contact with her because I expected something foul mouthed to come from her lips.
    “Woah… 10 days in a row. AND another refill of the mini bar. Sean Hyatt, your gonna sell me right out of booze,” she said from behind. I scratched my stubble on my face and looked at her lazily,
    “You keeping tabs on me or something?” I asked drunkenly.
    “One can’t help it when your bar tab comes to my books.” She was being sarcastic and smart and I honestly felt like I had no strength to say anything clever. But I was becoming a little tired of her just picking for the sake of it.
    “Ugh leave me alone Victoria…” I said not giving her eye contact. I knew she was shocked because I could almost hear her gasp.
    “I beg your pardon?”
    “You heard me…” I said finally turning to her, “So? I’m having a few drinks. I was you only a week ago, so what’s the difference?” She stood there completely dumbfounded and flabbergasted. “You should be thanking me, not scolding me. After all I am keeping you in business by drinking at your bar…” I said reaching in my pocket.
    “You know nothing about my business Sean. So don’t get all high and mighty with me!” I fiddled through a bunch of notes in my pockets and slammed one hundred pounds on the bar.
    “That should cover the bottle…” I said snatching the bottle from the bar top.
    “Plus it’s highly unprofessional to question your guests and stalk them around the hotel about their personal choices. So sod off…” I said miserably.
    “Ugh you can talk about unprofessional! You’re planning to walk around MY hotel with a bottle!” I swung around aggressively holding my finger up,

exTO16E.png

uOIP4cM.png

“This is also coming from the lady who passes out drunk in her own lobby…” I said winking at her cheekily. She gasped as if she wanted to say something, but she had nothing. I honestly felt like her eyes were burning a hole in my back as I waited for the elevator. Finally I turned around and she was turned the other way but her hands were balled into fists. I knew she was furious, but I didn’t care. I was sick of chasing Victoria Major. And she was sick of me. I had never chased a woman so hard like this. She obviously had no respect for me to even treat me normally. I figured if I manned up and played her game, she might respect me enough to be nice eventually. That was half an idea anyway.

I practically drank the last of the bottle like a glass of water and laid on the bed and passed out.

This was becoming a daily my chore.

Waking up, I had expected Pammie to be home, but she wasn’t. The room was dim, cold and lonely. And I literally had no one. Is this what it had come to? Having all the money and all the power … to be all alone? I stumbled to my feet and walked out my room still feeling incredibly drunk. I banged on Pam’s door and hoped she would answer, but she didn’t. I weaved down the hallway using the walls to feel stable before coming to a common area with wide open windows and balconies. I was in need of fresh air… this musty old hotel made feel like I couldn’t breathe most of the time. I walked to the doors and opened one up feeling a whoosh of evening air smash me in my face before looking down at the ground below.

AzZtB90.png

I clung onto the rail hard and felt a pang of uselessness, failure, and regret. I gritted my teeth and my heart rate picked up quickly feeling fear in the pit of my stomach but it was equally mixed with an uncontrollable sadness. I tried to think of a time in my life where things made sense… and it immediately made me think of Abby Greene.

Maybe I just didn’t belong here in the UK anymore. What exactly was keeping me here?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 68 - What Kind Of Friend?

PAMMIE POV

“Sean?” I asked. I got off the elevator and walked past the lounge area and saw Sean topless hanging onto the railing and looking out from the balcony. “What on earth are you doing out there? It’s bloody cold as hell… Come inside. I’ve got Italian…” I said raising the bag up trying to tempt him. Sean bowed his head down and wiped his face as though he had tried to hide tears. I watched him stumble around and clumsily to close the door. He was drunk. It was quite common thing lately. Often I would come home from work and he was either drinking at the bar, passed out, or passed out on my bed. His hair had grown and he had quit wearing suits, quit styling his hair … and had even grown a stubbly like beard. Something was wrong with him, but he was never in a sober state to talk about it. Today was going to be no different. Finally he came to me with a smile plastered on his face. But nothing could hide his black rings around his eyes and swollen cheeks. His eyes were either blood shot from tears, or a mixture of booze and sadness.

Nm93l3U.png

“Hello darling…” he said goofily. He had been drunker than this before, but not at all coherent. I took his strong arm and led him towards my door.“Hungry?” I asked.
    “Yup! Bloody starving…” I giggled at him at first but found Sean looking at me quite oddly before coyly smiling.

Rhq01gT.png

Was he trying to flirt with me?

I put the containers down and felt Sean come up behind me. His breath was on my shoulders. He absolutely reeked of bourbon or scotch. The smell of him nearly stung my nostrils. Unexpectedly his lips found my collarbone and he kissed me butterfly touching his lips across the top of my shoulder til he found my neck.

T0O9JCJ.png

His kiss was aggressive and wanting and I would be a fool to disagree that my heart didn’t desire this. I could feel myself melting as his left hand glided down my waist and his right hand cupped my breast. I let out a shuddering sound of pleasure before I felt him press against me. When he turned to me the feeling of pleasure immediately went away the minute I met his eyes. He reached for my shirt button and I shook my head reluctantly grabbing his hand and and holding it down.
    “No…” I said softly. “Not like this…” I said shaking my head.
    “Like what?” he asked.
    “I know something is wrong Sean, and I feel like you’re doing anything to distract yourself from whatever is happening to you… and you know how much I want this, and how much I want you. BUT— I...” I said sighing. Sean didn’t want me. And I knew that. But I didn’t want to say it out loud. Sean was often charming and nearly cunning in his low sexy voice. I knew he would try and talk me out of it and I would completely surrender to him. My will was weak. And as much as I said no, my body was still saying yes. “But your absolutely sloshed! And there is something you’re not telling me. I haven’t been able to figure it out why you have been drunk like this for weeks. You’re not the same you. You didn’t want me the second I got home from hospital and now you do? I can’t help but think that you’re trying to fill a void here…” Sean gulped and he covered his eyes with one hand and backed up before he fell on the bed. He laid still on his back and I saw a tear roll out of the side of his eye.

uQfGjcP.png

Sean remained quiet for 5 minutes just silently tearing. I didn’t know how to help him because I didn’t know what was wrong. But I comforted him and sat by him regardless… like he had sat by me in the last few weeks.
    “I lost the Hyatt…” he said finally. “I, ugh, got outed and put on suspension for all that stuff that happened with Samara,” he finished sounding sober.
    “How did that happen? I mean… you own more than 75% of the Hyatt. How the hell can they do this to you?” I said angrily standing up.

xv7WPPM.png

“Well 20% of the shares are owned by second in charge, plus there are board members for a reason that all play a part. They cannot fire me… or cut me off for profits, but I can be asked to step down for a leave of absence. And that’s what happened. Trust me I’ve gone over this a thousand times in my head. Ways I can contest it, ways I can….” He paused. He was emotional again when finally he sat up and hung over the end of the bed.
    “This was her doing. She seems to be ruining both our lives and no one even knows where she is!” I said angrier than before. “When can you go back?”
    “I don’t know what to do anymore Pam. I don’t even know if I want to go back knowing everyone is against me… Even my mother.” I felt bad for him.

s51BoH7.png

I knew that this was part my fault. If I hadn’t fought with Samara that night, Sean wouldn’t have gone to jail. His name was still on magazines with Samara even after all these weeks. I was sure that he didn’t know because he hadn’t been outside properly other than to drop me at work. My article was finally ready for the print, and I wanted to tell him. We were supposed to celebrate tonight when I told him … but tonight was just not the time to tell him that with all my ordeal, I had some success in it. And he was a part of it all.
    “Do you want some food?”
    “Nah I actually am not feeling well love. I think I’m just going to head off…” he said pushing up from the bed.
    “Do you need help?” I asked.
    “No. I’ll call you tomorrow Pam…” I wanted to go after him, but he was miserable. When I was miserable, I wanted someone. But that wasn’t Sean. He was more the suffer in silence type. So i let him leave with his head low.

The next day I decided not to bother him to take me to work. I wanted to talk to him, but I had too many thoughts about last night running through my head.

What did it all mean?

I arrived to work by taxi and was immediately called into the boss’s office. I sat down nervously and crossed my legs while he paced along the length of his desk.
    “So your article went to print yesterday, it’s going to be a smash Pammie. I just know it. It’s actually really thrilling. I'm very excited and very happy for you…” he smiled.

ru4O4Ed.png

“Thank you. It’s been a long process for me. And I want to thank you for being so understanding in the last few weeks. It has been a difficult thing to write…”
    “Definitely. But it will pay off and people will know the real story… BUT after reading it all... I have to ask do you know what happened to Mr Hyatt?”

Should I tell him he was living in the same hotel as I was?

No one actually knew where he was. In fact most magazines had some kind of conspiracy theory going on that Sean and Samara had disappeared together. Obviously it was a lie, but people were desperate to know. And I didn’t want people thinking wrongly of Sean after I had made him my hero in my article.
    “Well he’s in St Albans. Doing well…” I smiled and nodded.
    “Oh okay. So you’re still in touch with Sean Hyatt…” he said as his eyes wondered in thought. “Well I have a project for you Pammie. Time to write about Sean Hyatt again, he is hot business news and with all these stories circulating about Samara Beck... Everyone wants to know why he bailed on his hotel and where he is. You have direct line to this man to do YOUR job!” he said sternly.
    “But I have done this before. He trusts me…” I said not wanting to betray him after all he had done for me.
    “Well Pammie, you either do your job or someone will do it for you…” he said. threatening me. I was completely intimidated by my boss. And I had just gotten back to work but i knew this would leave me fired if i said no. I had made the stupid mistake of leaking where he was and it was only going to be a matter of time before someone was going to chase him down.

kt4fYgB.png

OMG What have I done?

“Well?” he said waiting.
    “Well it has to be just me… JUST me that covers Sean Hyatt. No pictures, no nothing. I will figure this out. We can use old pictures… uhm…” I said trying to think quickly on my feet trying to make sure no one bothered him. Sean was fragile as it was. And now I was about to do what I vowed not to do once before. And that was to write a gossip story again about Sean. Only this time I was going to make sure he didn’t see it.

I felt like the worst person on the planet.
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for posting here and the new chapter! :)
    What will she say in this article? I can't wait to see it! And will she be able to keep it from him? I doubt it!
  • Options
    without giving too much away it is a VICTORIA POV next chapter.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 69 - I Am Him

VICTORIA POV

I was so frustrated, I felt helpless and I literally went to the last bank that might use what I had in collateral with the hotel to give me a loan to pay my step mother out. But I was in too much debt. Too much stacked against me to even be considered for another loan.

UmwPod0.png

It was inevitable, but I didn’t want to accept it. I was either left with the choice of sell up and lose it all … or… or!!! Or No. I had my pride. I still felt like I couldn’t fall to my knees and beg for Sean Hyatt to save my hotel. I knew he would buy me out in a second and run this place like his personal little play house. Just like he did with the Hyatt.

I walked through the lobby and decided to check in the bar.
    “What no Sean today?” I asked Carl looking at my watch strike midday.“Ugh. Not actually for the last four days…” Carl replied. I had seen him buzz in and out a few times but he made no eye contact, he practically ran out of the elevator. “You were pretty raw with him the other day. He’s obviously going through some stuff… he does rant a little to himself, but not much I can make sense of. But I know he’s not a drunk. I know one when I see one…” Carl replied.

Pz7cTj0.png

“I was mean to him? Oh what a joke. He was so rude. So smug…” I hissed. I stopped and thought for a moment about what Carl had said and noticed a great change in Sean. Either side of him, he was still smug. But he went from ‘charming’ to incredibly rude. Looking around for me, to avoiding me, and he had gone from wearing suits to daggy day wear. He was obviously not at work.

What was he doing here?

I decided I would go over the road to my favourite café and have something completely fattening to eat my feelings. I craved something greasy and delicious accompanied by something filled with cream and lathered in chocolate. Firstly I stopped at my local news stand to grab my paper before heading into the café so I had something to read. Just as I lent down to get the paper I noticed Sean’s face on more than two magazines. I rolled my eyes at first, but then the tagline on one of them caught my eye again, “Where is Sean Hyatt?” followed by another one saying, “Sean Hyatt found…” I grabbed one curiously and flicked though it knowing I had to read the article.

JxTXtdn.png

I tucked the paper and the magazine under my arm and gave the cashier some money. I had seen him on magazines with that Samara Beck on and off… But I wondered why people were looking for him in the first place.

After ordering coffee, cake and a hot dog I took my coffee over to an empty table and slapped my books on the table top. I looked at them both and wondered which to read first. I absolutely hated gossip magazines, and I couldn’t believe I was about to open one up just to spy on Sean Hyatt. But once I started reading I couldn’t stop myself. Reading the first eagerly and then the second.

sLnUlLI.png

OMG HE LOST THE HYATT!!!!!

The news hit me like a thud of bricks. Was this really true? How long had it been … and was that the reason he wanted Major hotels in the first place? OH MY GOD… I mean oh my god… I thought actually beginning to feel sorry for him. He was me. I was him. He lost his, and I’ve lost mine. I was drunk, he was drunk… maybe I kept myself together publicly for the last few weeks … but he wasn’t… but at the same time he didn’t have to put a brave face on for anyone. He definitely acted how I felt. When I was in the privacy of my own home, I was an emotional mess and still had no idea how I got up for work each day knowing Major hotels was at its end. Just as I was ready to close the book a familiar name popped up at the top of the article.
    “Pamela Cromwell?” I said softly, “Where have I heard that name before?” I thought. Oh my god, it’s that woman… That woman whose his friend. It felt like a massive plot unfolded. Did Sean even know he was in the magazines and she was spinning all his personal business about him? I didn’t know what had washed over me but I suddenly felt so insensitive. Deep in thought, I was interrupted my a waiter plonking my meal in front of me.
    “Thank you…” I said looking up at her. As I turned my head from her and around to my food, I froze. Sean. I gulped down.

fx9uB6I.png

Had he seen me aggressively scouring these books with his name plastered all over them? He was looking right at me. His eyes dark, un-brushed hair, a new beard that he completely didn’t suit. He finally looked away and stared down into his tea cup. How can I be sorry without having to say it?

How could I swallow my pride and tell him I didn’t mean it…??

I stared down at the magazines and thought that maybe I could do him a favour first and tell him about what I just read. I folded my magazines under my arm and grabbed my plate and walked over to his table.
    “May I sit?” I asked quietly.
    “It’s a free country…” he replied. After placing my things down I jiggled one foot up and down nervously not knowing how to start a normal conversation with him. I grabbed the book that said “Sean Hyatt Found” on it.
    “I think you should read this. It might shed some light on the company you keep…” Sean looked at me confused seeing his name and picture on the front. He flicked through the magazine and found the headline again. I remained quiet while he read, but I skimmed over the book and tapped my finger tip on Pamela Cromwell’s name. His face fell.

g2bhnrm.png

He covered his face and sighed out loud tears coming to his eyes,
    “Excuse me…” he said shoving the table out. He headed straight for the door. You could see the hurt and humiliation written all over his face. I wanted to call out, but I didn’t honestly know what i’d say to comfort him or help him.

ftPTNoM.png

Maybe I should have just bit my tongue.
  • Options
    And now what?
    Will they become friends? Will they commiserate about their circumstances together? Will they hook up? Inquiring minds want to know! :p
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 70 - Where To From Here?

I couldn’t pretend. I couldn’t be here for her and pretend she wasn’t doing me over every single day while she knew my misery. She wasn’t a friend. She wasn’t anything. Not anymore. Pam was just another one to add to the list of people I couldn’t depend on.
    Everyone knew my buisness, and I knew Victoria’s enough to know that even after all these weeks of knowing her predicament she wasn’t coming to me for help. I wasn’t going back to The Hyatt for help. I had made my mind up, I was going back to Australia… to start over. I picked up my phone knowing Abby Greene’s number by heart. It was roughly 11pm at night in Sydney, and I knew she would be up at this hour.
    “Hello?” I said hearing a loud sound in the background.
    “Hey Justin here … who’s that?”
    “It’s Sean…”
    “Oh my god Sean, how are ya mate?” he replied happy to hear me. “I didn’t recognise your voice at first. You’ve gotten all pommy again. Like really thick pommy…”
    “HA! Yeah. Ugh… so where’s the girl…?” I asked obviously referring to Abby.
    “Can’t you hear? She's out on stage still … doing her thing. I can’t even coax her off the stage at 5 months pregnant. She’s a force to be reckoned with, you know Abby…” I had forgotten that Abby was pregnant again. It had been 3 months since I has spoken to her. We texted every single week … and we often had a few face times… but they rarely worked out with bad reception.
    “How’s the girls?” I asked him.
    “Good. There with my dad tonight because they have school tomorrow…”
    “Well uhm, Can you tell Abby I was looking for her…” I said.
    “You alright Sean? You don’t sound… like yourself.”

AcrpyF2.png

“I’m okay. Wish I could talk. But could you pass on the message…”
    “Sure thing, talk to you later…” Justin said politely. After I hung up I tucked my phone down into my pocket realising that I really had no one.

I just sat around the hotel just waiting for the phone to ring. I hoped Abby would call before Pammie got home. I didn’t honestly know how I was going to face her. I wanted to run from this too. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. It was too early to be Pammie, and I dreaded that I was going to open my door to a flash in my face now that tabloids knew I was in St Albans.
    “Who is it?” I asked.
    “It’s Victoria…” she said chirpily. I didn’t want to see her either. I felt humiliated. She knew I was weak and I knew she was going to use it as an advantage to be superior, even though I knew her business was crumbling down. I slightly opened the door open and forced a weak  but crooked smile,
    “Hi…” she made out. “I – I wanted to apologise…”
    “For what?” I said leaning on the door.

ClyBIkC.png

“I didn’t mean to pry. Uhm. I didn’t know… But she … I mean did you know?” Victoria said awkwardly. It was the softest I had heard her voice. Usually her voice was serious and always laced with sarcasm.
    “No. But I've come to expect everyone to either screw me or … hate me…” I said gulping down and looking her right in the eye. I felt that hit her right in the chest because her eyes winced as soon as I said it.
    “Uhm. Sean I was wondering if you would give me a moment of your time? I want to discuss something with you. …” I pulled my door further open and invited her in.

Yxsqa1z.png

I was standing around with only pants on and the hotel room was a complete mess. After I stepped out from the door she eyed me up and down and then centred her attention around the bottles and clothing that was scattered all over the room. “Uhm I don’t know where to begin. Do you mind if I sit here?” she said pointing to my bed.
    “Yeah…” I said. She cleared her throat looking at my chest and then looked down into her lap. “Could you please put a shirt on so we can talk professionally…”

QRdKwCo.png

navY3jz.png

“What do you want Victoria?” I asked not wanting to fold to her demands.
    “UGH… okay, okay after much consideration... I am willing to discuss Major hotels future with you.” She said speedily. I felt she had to blurt it out before she lost all confidence to say it.
    “Look I don’t need a sympathy card…” I said shaking my head. I didn’t want her to feel like she was doing me a favour.
    “Look this IS NOT a sympathy card. I am in the worst kind of trouble. Like I’m ruined OKAY?” she said aggressively. I was taken aback at first but at the same time when she spoke to me she couldn’t keep any eye contact with me whatsoever.
    “Look I didn’t know about the Hyatt til today. I don’t even know what’s true. I just know where I am and where I stand financially," she said clearing her throat and looking towards my chest once more, "Oh god! Would you PLEASE put on a dam shirt!” she said finished huffing at me loudly. I couldn’t help but smile inside because Victoria’s normally pale cheeks matched her fiery red hair.

Was she blushing?

2MHxAxK.png

I wanted to have the power in my room and make her uncomfortable.
    “I did tell you it was only a matter of time and to not fight it…” I didn’t want to use the phrase ‘don’t say I didn’t tell you so’ because I could see her storming right out of here.
    “You were right… and I feel like we could help each other right now…” she said screwing her face up.
    “You had to compromise with your ego a little to say sorry to me… didn’t you?”
    “Don’t be a smug 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it. BUT this is about my love for this hotel. This is my life, this is supposed to be my legacy and my future. But I want to work here, I want the employees to stay….” She said nearly begging. Victoria and I were nearly in the same position and I thought about what had been ripped from me. My hotel. My legacy and my pride.
    “Look I understand why you’re doing this. And what you’re asking of me. But face facts, you can barely tolerate me. If we work together … I don’t want to be around all this negativity. I’m struggling with enough demons right now. I don’t need to work with one.” Victoria’s mouth fell open.

Fgq5Kxc.png

tAZoSFB.png

“Look I am doing this purely because I have exhausted every option for myself. And I honestly didn’t think highly of how you ran the Hyatt. But since you’re out of work… I figured you had some time for at least a discussion about helping me…” I did want to help her. When she asked for help, I could see the desperation in her eyes.
    “Look I don’t think I’m in a great head space to have a really serious conversation without really having a look at the books, and what kind of financial trouble you’re actually in. But if you want to sit with me tomorrow when I’m more composed. We can…”
    “Okay, we can talk at 9 if you’re feeling up to it?”
    "See you at 9 Victoria…” I said ushering her toward the door. She smiled at me coyly and turned around and looked at me once more enough for me to smile at her. I pushed the door closed with my back and lent up against the door wondering what had forced her to want to have the talk.

Did she pity me? or was she at breaking point too?
  • Options
    Awesome to see a chapter! :) So I think he will help and in that will be helping himself too.
  • Options
    Chapter 71 - Surrender Everything

Pammie knocked on my door for at least three hours on and off but ended up giving up. She resorted to texting and ringing for a while, but must have turned in for the night wondering where i was and whether i was okay. I wanted her to believe I was passed out and in bed just so I could avoid her. I still wasn’t ready to speak with her. I was still too mad and upset about her betrayal. I could accept her doing it once as being a mistake… But repeating it all over again … I knew she would hurt me again.

08tRH3C.png

I barely had slept the night. I sat up on my laptop for hours and hours trying to figure out a logical solution for Major hotels. What did it need, how much would I be up for? And finally would she we willing to hand over the reins? Even when I did try to sleep, I would wake up immediately deep in thought.

It was 6am and I decided to look up my dads old friend and my personal financial adviser. I was unsure if he would be up at this hour, but I texted him asking him to be here at 9am for some advice. I knew there was going to be a logical decision, I just wanted to be sure that I was leading with my head and not my heart. I needed to make this a business venture otherwise I couldn’t see myself getting back on track.

After getting ready I waited in the lobby for my financial adviser James because I got a text from him to say that he would be here. I just hoped I wouldn’t cross paths with Pam in the process. Every time I heard a door open I swung my head around in panic thinking it was her. But it wasn’t … it was Victoria.
    “Are we good to talk?” she asked.

PbbzAyh.png

“Yeah just waiting for my financial adviser…”
    “I thought you and I were just going to have a casual talk?” she said confused.
    “Yeah. But I just want to make sure that the correct decisions are going to be made. That’s all. It might help me to understand what needs to be done in order for this to be a good partnership…” Victoria hadn’t intended for this to be a formal meeting because she was dressed quite casual, which was a little odd for her.

James breezed through the door only a minute late looking at his watch and shaking the cold air from his jacket before removing it.
    “Mr Hyatt, so wonderful to see you again…” he said holding out a hand. I grabbed it and pulled him in to shake it and smiled at him politely,
    “And you…” I said turning to Victoria, “James Prior this is Victoria Major. She is the owner of this hotel.” Victoria came closer to him to shake his hand,

kz3IU9t.png

“Ms Major….” He said nodding.
    “Nice to meet you.”
    “Shall we?” she said directing us to a room behind the counter. There were stacks of folders, papers and her laptop on the meeting table. This room was her office, staff room, and meeting space all in one. And not really what I was used to for a important meeting.

After looking at the countless documents I realised how much trouble Major hotels was in. I was passing on so many documents to James and he looked at me grimly, before I looked at Victoria who looked embarrassed and said not much at all while James and I conversed between ourselves.

mp16lhD.png

“Look there is no real easy way of saying this. The property and venue is worth roughly about 13 million pounds for this 25 room hotel. Now i see on this court document that you have to pay out 3.7 mill to your old lady. And you’re actually in debt for 6.5 mill. Leaving you with not even a quarter of it if you sold it. And I don’t even know your personal debts….” I said glancing at a paper not giving her eye contact. I was frustrated with reading and there was no real answer other than to completely buy her out. But I knew Victoria would see it as me taking it from her.

Wq8YAUU.png

And the last time I threatened to buy her out, it didn’t end well. James chimed in,
    “After reading through all the accounts and financial trouble … this hotel is a not at a point of being saved in your favour Ms Major. Your best bet would be to sell it and walk away with your 2.8 mill,” Victoria’s face fell. She knew that was her only option.
    “I had hopes that there was going to be another way… I won’t even walk away with 2.8 in personal debt and loans. Or a place to live either…” Victoria said sadly.
    “There is… And that is if you sell this hotel to me. That doesn’t mean I pay your personal loans, but in buying this hotel out … it will see you out of debt. After all said and done, you and I can draw up an agreement for my share to be 78.5% and yours to be 21.5% once to put your money back into the hotel from the sell. You can either take this, or lose it all together to someone else…” I knew deep down Victoria hated this idea. Losing it to someone else versus losing it to me was probably on par. Only a week ago she was still at a point of NEVER handing it over to me, and i wondering what changed? Was it the magazine drama, was it because i lost the Hyatt, was it because she had no options … I just didn’t know.

She watched James and I work because her input was really not needed considering we had enough information to know how she had been running it since her father passed away.
    “Look I know you have guests in and out consistently but you lose a lot of money closing down your kitchen and not having the kind of facilities that most hotels require. Not to mention the money this hotel does make in profit goes straight to the bank and debt. Major hotels needs some work…” Victoria was still silent. She had all her business and all her vulnerability laid out on the table literally. She looked as if she was going to cry, but I could see her gulping and keeping her head low looking at papers and trying to hide her shame.

ZdL0aN1.png

“I’m not trying to take your hotel Victoria… I want to help you, if you let me…”
    “Will this hotel become another Hyatt?” she asked sternly. The Hyatt hotel chain didn’t feel like mine anymore. And I never worked hard like my dad did for it to be successful as it was. I needed my own success. And I felt like I could have it here if I worked hard for it.
    “No. After being here for the last month or so there’s a lot of history it would be cruel for me to take that from you too. But I do want to see it make money again. And in the process make the appropriate changes for it to do so…”
    “If I agree to this, will my employees stay? I mean will I stay? I just feel at a loss with the idea of not being the sole owner anymore. I don’t know if I fit in here if I surrender like this… I just…” I could see her eyes getting glassy and the blow was going to be hard, even if there was a good outcome in her future.
    “It’s not my name on the outside Victoria. It’s yours. And once this does start making money again… I will have my lawyers and yours if you want …. To draw up an agreement to see you have 50%…” Her eyes squinted for a moment and she looked to the side pursing her lips together. She began to smile and then I watched a tear come down her cheek.
    “I hate to be rude James. But could I have a moment with Sean…” she said catching another tear before it fell down. James politely nodded and stepped out the room. The second the door was closed Victoria practically burst out crying.

Dvx9s8S.png

“I’m so sorry Sean, I’m so … I, was so wrong,” she sobbed.
    “Hey…” I said slowly approaching her. “It’s okay, don’t cry…” She broke down more every time I spoke and I honestly didn’t know where to look as i touched her arms to try and control her shaking hands. I expected her tears to come with anger, but she seemed defenceless now. She had nothing more to say.
    “Look yesterday I thought you were giving me a sympathy card, but I’m here absolutely powerless to make you feel better. You wanna help me out?” I asked.

xmfrDQE.png

She didn’t say anything, she just drove her face into my chest. Instinctively I placed my arms around her feeling my whole body just heat up. I had longed to hold her for months, maybe not like this but I held her tightly not wanting to let her go.

dse2XEr.png

“I accept. I accept your offer… I’ve exhausted everything else. I’m sick of being depressed and crying like this every single day thinking i can fix it. I’m sick of trying to be strong all the time,” she finished. The sobbing had stopped but the tears flowed down like a dripping tap.
    “Can I arrange a meeting with my lawyers for tomorrow and my financial advisers to set out a plan? Since this hotel is not on the market, I think we should get it re-evaluated by a business realtor as soon as possible so you get the maximum amount. What do you think?”
    “I will be honest I’m not used to sharing Major hotels Sean. I don’t honestly know how I’m going to cope yet. This will all be very new to me. And to us considering our past. I mean we have had troubles being in the same room. But I don’t have the strength to fight with you anymore…” she said trying to smile.
    “I ran out of shields weeks ago. Possibly the reason I been dodging you…” I said laughing from my nose.
    “I’m crazy right, tell me I’m crazy… ugh god why am I asking you that?”
    “Oh you’re crazy. But I’m glad it’s a good crazy right now,” She looked up amused but looked away. I could tell Victoria had 100 thousand thoughts, and the only thing I could do was actually let her think about the ideas given to her.

TVwaoVW.png

“What I’m going to do is give you a few days to think about it. And then we will have a meeting in town…”
    “I already accepted. You heard James. I’m screwed otherwise. I want my hotel Sean…I want my home. I want to start being happy again. I’m so miserable…” she admitted.
    “I get that. But I do want you to think about it and sleep on it…”

KdR0IgJ.png

“There is nothing to think about. Honestly you’re not the first person I’d choose to go in business with. But I’ve put that aside so I can get what I need from this. For the last few weeks, it’s been tearing me apart. And I just cannot take it anymore. I can’t fight anymore, though I want to. And I think you need this right now … just as much as I need it,” She said looking at me deeply. She was that close to me I could feel her drawing breath. Once our eyes locked, I gulped down and my breath quivered just gazing on her beautiful amber eyes. Our heads felt only inches apart and she looked at me desperately, before looking away clearing her throat.

Did we just have a moment?

“So yeah, Uhm. We’ll speak again tomorrow and I will make the necessary appointments…” I said leaning down at the table and writing my number on a piece of paper. “And if you need to talk with me about anything, you can call, text or just knock on my door…” I said heading backwards from the room.
    “Ok…” she replied. I nodded at her and quickly waved at her before closing the door behind me. I stood up against the door for a moment before looking up to the ceiling and taking a massive breath out. I felt like i was nearly gearing up for my ever first kiss. I shook my hands, and straightened my shirt before wiping some sweat off my brow. Just as i opened my eyes I saw Daphne standing there just smirking before she turned her back and pretended to mind her business. I cleared my throat again and walked down the short hall to meet James in the lobby. “Thank you for all your help today. I think she’s pretty positive about her decisions what do you think?” I asked.
    “It could be a positive business venture Sean…”
    “Hey let’s talk some more, let me buy you a cup of coffee across the road,” I said almost insisting James follow me.

I wanted this to work. It was just the window I needed to get my life back on track.
  • Options
    Awesome chapter! <3 Can't wit to see how this all turns out!
    Hope you had a great Easter and are safe and healthy! <3
  • Options
    Do u think they had a moment? @haswh Or do u think it was a moment of desperation in her eyes.
  • Options
    @xJojox I think a bit of both! Am I right? B)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @haswh i think if Sean went in for the kiss she might have pushed him away or slaped his face. But Sean has become very weary because he knows Victoria. He knows shes fiery. He waited... to see if she might. I think she considered it in her mind for a moment of desperation ... BUT she looked away knowing it wasnt right.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Chapter 72 - Confessions

I managed to dodge Pammie for the rest of the day once again, though she was a little more persistent with her calls and knocking. In the mean time I had hired some men for construction to pull out the whole kitchen and put in another one. I rented a construction bin and had them booked in first thing Monday, which was two days away. I hadn’t exactly cleared it with Victoria, but I was paying for this. It was going to be a massive money maker for Major hotel. People would order room service and the public would be able to dine in. It was a silly idea to ever close it. I had many connections in the hotel industry, and I was bringing them all in. From chefs, realtors, lawyers, public relations, and financial planners to get this hotel on track again. Victoria had been doing the necessary things to keep it afloat but I had plans to make it big. I wanted Victoria to believe she had made the best decision choosing me.

The following morning I woke early and poked my head out the door hoping Pammie wasn’t around. It was still quite early, so I dashed down the stairs to avoid the elevator making the ding sound. Daphne was at the desk and I waved her a quick hello before hearing the elevator land. I practically ran into the bar area and tiptoeing closer to Carl putting my finger over my mouth.

InA0RNP.png

“There you are!” Pammie said as I winced and looked at Carl defeated. “It’s a bit early to be drinking don’t you think?” she said giving me a scolding side eye.
    “Can you blame me? Really?” I said my voice laced in sarcasm. Pammie was confused.
    “I haven’t seen you in days Sean, where have you been? I texted, called, stalked your place constantly. I bloody half thought you had choked on your vomit in there…” she said worriedly. I tried to ignore her, it was too early … and I really wasn’t in the mood for talking to her, “Well?” she said persistently.

4AEptPu.png

“Do you think there might be a reason why I didn’t contact you Pam?” I said quietly. I stared down at the bar and not at her. After all she had been through and what we had been through … I could barely look at her in the eye. I was puzzled how she could.
    “I don’t understand Sean, what’s wrong?”

5YVHlKZ.png

CsWUsX5.png

“Oh c’mon Pam! Enough with the LIES. I’m sick of this! It goes around and around. You and your JOB. Your gossiping stories about me…” Pam was stunned. She gasped to talk but I finally looked at her to watch her cheeks go red. She immediately looked worried and shook her head.
    “I can explain…”
    “Ugh, I don’t have time for this!” I said beginning to get up before she forced me back.
    “No, no. You don’t understand. I haven’t got people running after you. I have been just writing the stories and using old pictures. My boss wanted me to write about you running off with Samara Beck. But, but… that wasn’t true. I told him you were well. And he JUST… just threatened me and my job to write about it. You have no idea of the pressure I’m under Sean. I’m so sorry,” she pleaded grabbing at my shirt. I closed my eyes and dismissed her pushing her shoulder away knowing her excuse was not good enough.

H1wLgCu.png

“You know. Regardless of your circumstances, I thought you cared about me. I thought I might have meant a little more to you than a job and a boss that gives you ultimatums. I thought our friendship meant more to you after all we have been through…” I said solemnly.
    “I do care, I love you Sean. I do…”
    “That’s a lie Pam. Because if that was really true. You wouldn’t do this to me over time and time again,”
    “I needed to do this to feel normal again after Samara. I needed something. I know I hurt you …but I love you. Don’t you love me Sean?” Pammie said with begging eyes.
    “No!” I belted.

How could she even ask that?

“No. I’m in love with someone else…” I finished quietly.
    “Who?” Pammie asked.
    “It’s not important Pammie. This is not what this is about…” I said shaking my head.
    “No I want to know who!?” she said more sternly.
    “Why? So you can write another story about me? So you can exploit me some more with your lies!” I said with a louder voice.
    “I think your lying! I haven’t seen you with a woman at all since you have been here. So I don’t believe that you don’t love me. You wouldn’t have done everything you have for me if you didn’t feel something…”

g6GWclv.png

“I did that out of GUILT! NOT LOVE!” I yelled. I didn’t mean to be so honest, but it came out uncontrollably with anger.
    “So I’m just a chore against this imaginary woman? Why are you really here then? If your not here for me?” she asked.
    “Victoria…” I said quietly. Pammie had no idea who I was speaking of. She wanted a name and I willingly gave it to her knowing it wouldn’t matter. “Look I was guilty about Samara. I felt like it was my fault. But do you even realise what your greed has done Pammie? You’re so selfish that you don’t even realise that this story has compromised everything. I’ve tried to protect you, but you just wrote where I am and where you are in big block letters to a psychopath…” Pammie looked shocked.
    “I didn’t even think…”
    “No you DON’T think. You don’t care about your safety or my feelings. You care about yourself. You just wanted to big note yourself to the boss. Samara is still out there. You may as well gave her a sniper rifle.” Pammie rubbed the side of her face and I could tell the fear was taking over.

RQEmgSw.png

“Sean I messed up… I can’t believe I ruined everything like this. The post-traumatic stress has got me thinking so stupidly. I just…” Pammie said crying.
    “Look you brought so much unnecessary attention to this hotel with your gossip. And if I ever see my name in a magazine with your name on it again, I will sue the heck out of you. And I mean it. We’re done….”
    “Sean, I…” she bawled.
    “As the owner of this hotel, I think you should go. Pack up and hand in your keys. You’re not a guest here anymore. Nor are you my friend…” Pammie looked at me confused and I nodded at her because she looked unsure. I was cold and I knew it. But I ceased to care. Not anymore. I had too many people in my life trying to ruin me, and I cut them out. Pammie was no different. At first I thought she was keeping me sane, but I still fell into a dark hole looking out for her. I didn’t need her. Pammie covered her face and ran quickly to the stairs.

i3PULO3.png

I sighed out a hard breath and looked at Carl on the verge of tears myself.
    “Is it too early for a drink? GOD!…” I said nearly feeling a panic attack coming. Just as I lent in to pull my chair out I saw someone behind the bar squatting down.
    “Victoria?” I said in pure shock. Her eyes popped up over the counter.

NdwL55J.png

“I’m sorry I was restocking and I didn’t want to be a part of that argument since I was the one who told you about the magazine. Oh my god. I’m sorry I wasn’t eavesdropping. I promise…” she said looking pail white.

Did she hear… everything?

“Oh. I mean. Ugh. Ok,” I said feeling a little flushed. “Yep,” I said barely making any sense.
    “I was literally putting new stock under the shelves when I heard that all unravel. I was not going to pop my head up amongst all that and say hello!” she said apologetically. All i could do is cover my face in embarrassment.

dSk9Nrb.png

CQLl0s0.png

“Ok, ok… Good talk,” I said before power walking toward the lobby. I wasn’t sure if I was mad, sad, or embarrassed. I barely had words to express.

Have I just admitted my love for Victoria while she was listening? Oh no.
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • Options
    Great chapter!! :) I love this story! <3
    I can't believe that whole conversation just happened and Victoria heard it all! :# Wondering how this will turn out. Poor Pammie she loves him and now this happens! Where will she go? How will this affect her?

Question for you. Why does Pammie look different in last few chapters? Is it just my imagination? So many questions and so little answers...