Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they worth it?

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice as I was thinking of purchasing Laundry Day Stuff and Toddler Stuff, as well as Jungle Adventures - but I wanted to know if they are worth it? Or should I wait until they go on sale? Are there any of these that you don't like - and why?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I really like the laundry pack, but, honestly, the moodlets are extremely annoying imo. For example, I don't like that after my sim takes a brisk shower before work they are immediately playful because of the clean clothes. It destroys the purpose of me getting them energized for work, and usually I don't have time to fix it. The buffs are nice when they make my sim happy or fine, but more often than not they work against me as previously stated. It's irritating. The B/B items and CAS, however, are amazing. I absolutely loved it in that aspect. I can say the same for the toddler's pack; though I'm not sure what it adds gameplay wise — besides the playground and that hideous ball-pit. I always get its content and parenthood mixed up. As for Jungle Adventure, I haven't played or seen much of it to have an opinion.

In short:
    - Laundry was worth it, even with the annoying buffs.
    - Toddlers I could do without, but it provides some cute clothes and gives them a couple things to play with.
    - Jungle Adventure n/a

Hope that helps some! :)
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Laundry Day - like the post above me states the buffs can be a little over the top, none the less the stuff that comes with this stuff pack are amazing, I absolutely love all the new shelves, cabinets and storage units, there’s a new entrance shelf that I love and will put in almost every entrance hallway of all my houses that I build. The clothes are also really nice and I like how the hairs have a wide fashion range, they can fit almost any age for many different occasions.

Toddler Stuff - I mainly got this pack for the stuff, this pack nearly doubles the amount of CAS for toddlers. The new BB objects are quite nice for outdoor/backyard builds. I don’t use the new gamplay objects all too often, but they are very handy for updating old parks to make them more fitting for toddlers if I ever choose to visit a park with a toddler. The new toddler play date option is very handy for story telling, especially for getting two toddlers to sprout a friendship early on, the only problem with with the play dates is that in order to actually start one, the sim starting the play date needs to know the toddlers in the worlds in order to invite them, but once that’s out of that way it’s a very useful tool.

Jungle Avdentures - I don’t have this pack yet but from what I’ve seen it’s very much worth the money you spend on it, it clearly has a lot of gameplay, detail and thought put into it.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Laundry Day
    Has great CAS & B&B objects. I thought I wouldn't care much for it but doing laundry has actually been pretty nice.

Toddlers
    I don't care for toddlers at all. I find them annoying and needy. But if you enjoy toddlers then it gives you some nice clothes.

Jungle Adventure
    Great CAS & B&B objects. The world is beautiful and overall a great GP. I just hate the fact that there are stray pets in jungle.. it's sad.
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I don't have any of the three packs mentioned, but I always say wait for a sale. Then you'll feel less ripped off if/when something happens later on.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Laundry Day
    Sure. It's nice to have sims get other tasks to do while at home.

Toddlers
    You can pass on this one. I barely remember it aside from the ballpit fiasco. I don't use any of the objects. I'm still disappointed they put in another doll house that looks like a tree instead of putting in an actual tree house.

Jungle Adventure
    It's fun. New skills, new aspirations, new CAS (I actually like), new place to travel.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Get the new Small Pets one.

Who needs laundry when they can have a hamster that has his own rocket ship.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Won't touch laundry with a 10 foot pole after having it in S3. Annoying addition at best.

I don't play with toddlers so I wasted my money on that pack.

Out of the 3, I will use JA the most.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Laundry Day: Its good if you want more chores for your sims

Toddler stuff: Honestly I barley use this. I'm so busy taking care of the toddlers I forget this stuff is there. The only use i've put into this pack is adding slides and ball pits to restaurants like a McDonald play place.

Jungle Adventure: I love it. I lose track of time spend weeks on vacation there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice as I was thinking of purchasing Laundry Day Stuff and Toddler Stuff, as well as Jungle Adventures - but I wanted to know if they are worth it? Or should I wait until they go on sale? Are there any of these that you don't like - and why?

Thanks!

I have them all but I'd say Jungle Adventures. I love that beautiful world and you can explore the temple but it's not required. JA is great for camping. You need Outdoor Retreat though if you're going to plop down a tent as JA doesn't come with tents.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    Of the 3 you listed, I'd go with Jungle Adventures. There are 2 new aspirations, new CAS, new collectables, a new world to travel to, new foods to discover as well as blessings and curses when searching for relics, some of which can really add to (or take away from) your game play. Imagine being cursed in a way that prevents your sim from talking...or maybe being blessed (cursed?) with immortality!

Laundry Stuff. It's a pain. There are odd moodlets from clean clothes like a fine moodlet (?) or a playful moodlet that overpower any other moodlets. I added roses as a laundry additive and would have thought there'd be a romantic moodlet. Go figure. If you don't buy a washing machine, you constantly get the whim to buy one as well as a wash tub. Now, the toddlers can play in the wash tub and if you have Parenting, then it drops their responsibility.

Toddler Stuff. Meh. More Cas. Don't care for the beds but the outdoor gym type stuff is nice even if the toddlers go to it over anything else.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member

Thanks!

I have them all but I'd say Jungle Adventures. I love that beautiful world and you can explore the temple but it's not required. JA is great for camping. You need Outdoor Retreat though if you're going to plop down a tent as JA doesn't come with tents.

I agree. Outdoor Retreat makes JA much easier. I had my Sim pack up a tent, cooler, and portable shower before leaving. There are bushes to "fertilize" and water bottles to buy that are meant as a shower in this game. Whether you simply travel or explore, it's up to you, but there are treasures to be had and great wealth. Once you get to level 10 in archaeology, though, you can get a powerful moodlet from donating an artifact to a museum with the "this belongs in a museum" choice.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Laundry Day: Held off on buying for a while because I hate laundry in real life lol. But surprisingly, I use the build/buy/cas items a lot! Laundry itself I can take or leave.

Toddler Stuff If you enjoy playing families and the idea of a toddler playdate, this is great.

Jungle Adventure Yes. Buy it! The build/buy/cas is great, the world is beautiful and detailed, the gameplay is fun!

This is near the temple.
    38834115890_06cd7395f3_o.jpgL & I 9 by Ashley H., on Flickr

What I built using this pack!
    39875375064_4cee124357_o.jpg03-02-18_8-33-30 PM by Ashley H., on Flickr
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff- Waste of money. Bought it for completeness sake. Haven't wanted to use a single object yet. Adds so little to the game it isn't funny. So unless you obsessed with laundry or see an outfit or object you half to have or you are a completionist like me skip it.

Toddler Stuff- If you are into families and your sims have lots of little ones, thus lots of toddlers running around this pack expanse the play of that age group and is a worthy pick up. But if that isn't your play style skip it.

Jungle Adventures- I love this game pack. I love the break in play it provides. Temple exploring is fun. Plus becoming a skeleton for a short while it fun. I love new life states and becoming a skeleton is a new life state even if only temporarily. But if your sims aren't adventurous and aren't into an occasional vacation skip it. But I absolutely love it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd skip the stuff packs, as both will cost $10 for, IMHO, stuff you'll barely use. The novelty of laundry tends to wear off quickly.

As far as Jungle Adventure goes, I've heard mixed things from reviews. The tomb is pretty barren, and there are no actual puzzles. They just recycled GTW's career system for solving them. "Adventuring" is basically watching your Sim perform an animation of writing on a notepad. It's nowhere near as dynamic and fun as World Adventures' tombs were. Exploring the jungle has a lot of text-based adventures more so than actual on-screen ones. The world itself is beautiful though, but again, that's something which has a novelty that'll wear off rather quickly.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    They didn't recycle GTW's career system in JA (they did that for Cats and Dogs). However, the puzzles are most definitely not puzzles in any real sense of the word. You click on an object, your sim either can tell what the answer is or what the answer isn't or perhaps doesn't know for sure. This appears to be fairly random though looking at the various "puzzles" will raise a particular skill. But being maxed at the skill doesn't seem to improve accuracy too much.

If you want the types of puzzles and traps that are in Sims 3 World Adventures, you'll be disappointed.

That said, JA is a good game pack. Laundry Day has a bunch of stuff in it I won't use, but I do like the more rustic feel of the furniture.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes they're all worth it! Buy them all!
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Laundry day is awesome! Some of the household clutter items are going to be used in every house I decorate now. If you have parenthood I feel like the build/buy stuff from that pack and this pack go amazing together. I can finally have “homey” looking houses. Also the cas hairstyles and clothes are great. The messy updo clip is my new favorite hair in the game.

I do agree the buffs can be too much. But I think the recent patch is supposed to tone it down some. The only other downside is if you have a family of four or more laundry does become quite the chore. My family has to wash clothes at least every other day to avoid clothes on the floor.

Jungle adventures has been super fun for me so far! I still have a lot to explore, but am really enjoying this new vacation spot and I like the cas clothes, but I do feel the hair styles were lacking. I haven’t looked much at build/buy mode yet, but based on the look of the vacation houses I’m excited to start looking at it all. I might be too new into this pack to give a good recommendation here but based on what I’ve found so far I’d say go for it.

Toddler stuff on the other hand wasn’t very exciting for me. Some of the clothes are cute. The toys are way too big and don’t really fit an average house. I mean most of us don’t have ball pits in our playrooms. (Although it would’ve been cool!)

However if you’re looking to build a toddler park or makeshift daycare center the items would work great. You could even build a bowling alley, arcade, bar and small toddler play area for a venue for the whole family. I might just do this and make the pack more worth it.