Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you make cool fireplaces? Let's share ideas!

Do you make cool fireplaces? Let's share ideas! Here are a few of my favorites. :smiley:

zr3MAos.jpg

Show me yours!
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    I have literally never thought to do this! What a great idea!! These look fabulous by the way :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,908 Member
    Those are awesome! I rarely use fireplaces.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't say it's a cool fireplace, but I did design a fireplace area for my show, with the intent to make it the venue of elimination ceremonies.

01-21-18_9-47-52%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Very nice. I love fire places, this makes the room look so comfortable. Unfortunately my fireplaces always burn down the half living room. So I rarely use them :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    These are really nice, great idea for a thread. I should use fireplaces more often.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wouldn't say it's a cool fireplace, but I did design a fireplace area for my show, with the intent to make it the venue of elimination ceremonies.

01-21-18_9-47-52%25C2%25A0PM.png

@icmnfrsh Beautiful looking fireplace!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Thanks. :) I'm not much of a builder but I did have fun with this one
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2018
    @ehaught58, beautiful fireplaces, but then again everything you create is fantastic, lol. (I still have the wild west from sims 3...so much fun.)

My fireplaces are nothing special, but after looking at yours, they soon will be. <3

Edit for typos
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Do you make cool fireplaces? Let's share ideas! Here are a few of my favorites. :smiley:

zr3MAos.jpg

Show me yours!

1. These look fantastic!
    2. Is that top one from Cats & Dogs? Because I've tried to put a tv on that one before but it didn't seem to have a slot for one. Did I miss something?
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    @ehaught58, beautiful fireplaces, but then again everything you create is fantastic, lol. (I still have the wild west from sims 3...so much fun.)

My fireplaces are nothing special, but after looking at yours, they soon will be. <3

Edit for typos

Thank you, @bshag4lv That was my intention for making this thread. Let’s share ideas so we can incorporate them into our own future builds! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    ysa88 wrote: »
    I like doing a MCM vibe with fireplaces...

ksTFPTQ.png

@ysa88 Oooo, I like this one! Thanks for sharing. :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options

zr3MAos.jpg

Show me yours!

1. These look fantastic!
    2. Is that top one from Cats & Dogs? Because I've tried to put a tv on that one before but it didn't seem to have a slot for one. Did I miss something?

@Pamtastic72 You are quite correct, however, I had to use the MOO and raise objects cheats in order to get that effect.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Oh! Thanks for the pro-tip @enhaught58. They really should have slotted that one. I'll give that a try. Because the wreath from Laundry Day would also look lovely up there. I love your build posts. They give me a ton of inspiration for my own. :)
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Wow, interesting thread! You are enlightening me to something I never thought of before! (no pun intended, heh heh heh)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    @BryonyRae Wow, those are some pretty cool fireplaces! And, yes, I agree, fireplaces are fun to experiment with! :)
    Thanks for sharing those!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Thanks @ehaught58, love the thread and look forward to seeing more. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Nowhere near as creative as the ones I have seen but this is from my current playthrough
    iV5Uz03l.png
  • Options
    Nowhere near as creative as the ones I have seen but this is from my current playthrough
    iV5Uz03l.png

Don’t sell yourself short @Celticgamer0
    Your fireplace looks cool! Is that an owl on the mantelpiece?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    iV5Uz03l.png

Don’t sell yourself short @Celticgamer0
    Your fireplace looks cool! Is that an owl on the mantelpiece?

Aww thanks ^.^ and yes it is. A sixam owl to be exact. It is crafted by collecting 12 different feathers :smile:
  • Options
    GwaeriGwaeri Posts: 350 Member
    edited February 2018
    These are fantastic! I've always loved having a fireplace in my Sims' homes but haven't explored using them too much in Sims 4 yet, so thank you all for the inspiration.
    Aww thanks ^.^ and yes it is. A sixam owl to be exact. It is crafted by collecting 12 different feathers :smile:
    The Spotted Sixam was my favourite small pet in Sims 3. How do you craft one in Sims 4?
  • Options
    Here is a new fireplace I made for Jungle Adventure...

qwSMHU5.png
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @BryonyRae, those fireplaces are amazing. Your Sims must be very handy. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Fireplaces are near and dear to my heart! I love to create my own entirely to get a more modern look or just to come up with something fun and different. Some of my favorites were:

fireplacenight1_zpsn5m79uzi.jpg

fireplace_zpsegkzuhxm.jpg

living_zpsulvaoyfv.jpg

living1-2_zpsnk1pe6i7.jpg

living_zps1pp7peb2.jpg

@BryonyRae those fireplaces are amazing!!