Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Portable Easel

After watching the live streams done for the upcoming GP, Jungle Adventure, I was reminded, once again, of how nice it would be to have a portable easel for sims.

Actually, two of the easels in game, the Easy-Breezy and Deluxe All-Season, have text descriptions that indicate they should be portable but they aren't. Don't know if that was an oversight, or by design change for some reason. If oversight, I'd sure like to see it corrected and if design change, would sure love to see that decision revisited.

A player can add an easel to an editable lot but something like the temple in the new GP can't be edited. If my sims can carry a portable bed, tent and/or an archaeological table for use in the temple, or its grounds, I would also like them to be able to place an easel. The ability to paint by reference in the temple, or on temple grounds, would be awesome. Of course, there would be many other areas in existing worlds where a portable easel would come in handy, too, imho.

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I adore this idea.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes! I would love to see this happening!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've always though easels were supposed to be portable. It's shouldn't be hard either to make this happen.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    I vote YES!
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Glad to see others want this, too. I still think the two I mention in the first post were intended to be portable at one time. Text for Easy-Breezy says "feather-light and a cinch to carry" and Deluxe All-Season says "it goes with you when you want to paint your favorite field, over and over all year." I was surprised when I didn't have an option to put one or the other in my sim's inventory.

Agree, @paradiseplanet , I think these two could simply have a tag added to them to enable dragging into inventory, if it's felt there are too many painting options to make a "put in inventory" clickable option.

Of course, these two easels both have to be unlocked in the painter career but there is a cheat to unlock those options :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes please.
  • Options
    LiquidsatinLiquidsatin Posts: 54 Member
    Definitely want
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    edited March 2018
    They are a much needed item
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I use a mod which allows you to do this but it would be great to have it in the game itself, along with other things like the Voidcritter Battle Station for example!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    I hope they add this in a patch soon! I'd love to paint by reference at the cliff in Jungle Adventure or around the island of Windenburg. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    That would be lovely! My friend has one that she puts around her neck and it's like a table in front of her and she can just open it up and draw or paint away. Would love to see something like that!