Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will we get Seasons/Winter Destination?

Right now I have a sim who is a child. I want this child to become a snowboarder/skateboarder but these haven't been added to the game yet. This leaves me with three options:
1) Wait for them to be added and not play that world until they are added
2) Save another copy of her so I have two versions of her and can play one of her when it comes out
3) Forget about it and do nothing.

None of these seem like good opinions.

I am unable to make a decision so my questions to you are, which option should I go with and when do you think they will add one of the following?
a) a seasons pack with winter activities (including snowboarding)
b) a winter destination/ski resort pack
c) some sort of pack including skateboarding (although I don't know what else that pack would consist of, maybe it would just be a skateboarding stuff pack)

IDEAS for Winter Activities
In a Season's Pack
- Ice Hockey and Figure Skating Rink
- Snowboarding Halfpipe (like in the Sims 3)
- Competitions for the the sports listed

In a Ski Resort Pack
-Ice Hockey and Figure Skating Rink
- Ski and Snowboarding Hill
- Snowboarding Half-pipe
- Moguls and/or other Freestyle Skiing
-Competitions for the the sports listed

Comments

• Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Option 3. Make her an astronaut or a secret agent.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Some people think that Seasons might be this year's EP in the fall, but the devs can't talk about future content so this could just be wishful thinking.

The Sim Gurus have said they won't limit seasons to a single world, so it likely wouldn't be a winter destination pack yet (especially since we're getting the jungle destnation pack in another week and a half. If they are working on Seasons, there's no way to know what will make the cut and what might be left for a GP or SP; maybe a half-pipe that becomes a snowboarding object in winter and skateboard ramp in better weather.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    There are plenty of things still missing from the game. The way I see it, you only have 2 options.

1. Chalk it up as a loss and move on by giving the child a new goal/aspiration that’s actually in the game.
    2. Stop playing the game altogether if you’re impatient and can’t get past not being able to create a legit snowboarder yet.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought most people were demanding a beach vacation.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

How about include that in Seasons? Though more than one world for an EP on Sims 4? Not likely.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

How about include that in Seasons? Though more than one world for an EP on Sims 4? Not likely.

Seasons is so big on it's own that it will not come with a new world. It didn't in S3 either. So unless they do another occult like Magic or something, we won't get any more lots to live on this year.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    I think you should choose another goal for your sim, because none of us could be 100% sure that they will add some kind of summer or winter activities even if they add a season EP. If you don't play with your sim and wait until they add those activities, you could possibly have to wait more than you expect, and than if they add those things someday, you could no longer want to play with that sim anymore. Remember in the sims 3 for example we got seasons first and only with Island Paradise we got scuba diving and windsurf (summer activities). So we will never know, we are talking about EA, from whom we should expect anything
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Will you developers stop joking around and make seasons already! Please!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Right now I have a sim who is a child. I want this child to become a snowboarder/skateboarder but these haven't been added to the game yet. This leaves me with three options:
    1) Wait for them to be added and not play that world until they are added
    2) Save another copy of her so I have two versions of her and can play one of her when it comes out
    3) Forget about it and do nothing.

None of these seem like good opinions.

I am unable to make a decision so my questions to you are, which option should I go with and when do you think they will add one of the following?
    a) a seasons pack with winter activities (including snowboarding)
    b) a winter destination/ski resort pack
    c) some sort of pack including skateboarding (although I don't know what else that pack would consist of, maybe it would just be a skateboarding stuff pack)

IDEAS for Winter Activities
    In a Season's Pack
    - Ice Hockey and Figure Skating Rink
    - Snowboarding Halfpipe (like in the Sims 3)
    - Competitions for the the sports listed

In a Ski Resort Pack
    -Ice Hockey and Figure Skating Rink
    - Ski and Snowboarding Hill
    - Snowboarding Half-pipe
    - Moguls and/or other Freestyle Skiing
    -Competitions for the the sports listed

I certainly hope so but I want a Tropical Gamepack first. I'd rather they put a winter destination in Seasons.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Will you developers stop joking around and make seasons already! Please!

They're probably already working on Seasons. I'll be surprised if Seasons isn't the next expansion pack.
  • Options

Seasons is so big on it's own that it will not come with a new world. It didn't in S3 either. So unless they do another occult like Magic or something, we won't get any more lots to live on this year.

I wouldn't say that. They may release another free world in an update before Seasons comes out.
  • Options

I wouldn't say that. They may release another free world in an update before Seasons comes out.

They aren't going to release another free world out of the blue. It takes too much effort and too much planning.
  • Options
    BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    I really wan figure skating
  • Options
    Alli-beagleAlli-beagle Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Right now I'm thinking I might just hold off on that world until I can think of something else for her to do. I haven't been playing the Sims as much lately (I go through phases where I'll play alot and then not play for a couple months) so its not really that big of a deal for me. :)