Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does this background music sound familiar to anyone else?

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy and that this is the build mode music, right?
https://youtu.be/PwmmAtCMrrA?t=14m51s
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's TS3's build mode music.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    There's another Sims 3 track later in the episode too! It just throws me!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I believe it's because the Sims 3 music is royalty free ? I've heard some in rupaul' s drag race season 6
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    I believe it's because the Sims 3 music is royalty free ? I've heard some in rupaul' s drag race season 6

Some of it yes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited February 2018
    Not to nitpick, but technically it's buy mode music... the build mode tracks are all much less hyper/chipper/check-out-this-shiny-new-object-it'll-totally-fix-all-the-problems-in-your-life-don't-you-just-HAVE-to-have-it?! and more mellow and laid-back, the kind of music you'd want when planting trees and maybe sculpting a pond.

I've seen several TV show segments that used Sims tracks as background music, including a 2012 Olympics filler piece. I think there's just a general catalog that sound engineer types can draw from, just like there are libraries of stock footage and photos. And it would make perfect sense for a composer to upload his or her work and hope for some exposure, even if there aren't any rights fees attached.
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2018
    Don't forget Colossal used a track from TS3 in one of their Cities: Skylines trailers once. Unknowingly, that is.
    So yeah, it's licensed out and most of these producery types don't even know what the music's from.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I got this message: :(

'This video contains content from Channel 5, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Don't forget Colossal used a track from TS3 in one of their Cities: Skylines trailers once. Unknowingly, that is.
    So yeah, it's licensed out and most of these producery types don't even know what the music's from.

Everyone in the comments on that video was telling the developers they used TS3 music ahaha it was hilarious, I think one of them commented they didn't knew and it was a coincidence.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

Even heard some of the Sims 1 music in various commercials

It must be due to permission from Steve Jablonsky or Jerry Martin or any of the other artists (Those 2 come to mind because most recognizable)

And yeah that did sound like Sims 2 or Buy Mode music

>:)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @king_of_simcity7
    I got this message: :(

'This video contains content from Channel 5, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.'

poor you :confused:
    i had to endure that message for years with many tracks on youtube until youtube finally settled an agreement with the music regulator in germany

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I remember years ago recognising sims2 music on a program or commercial. I am not surprised people are using music from 3 :D
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png