Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Relationship help?

I never heard of anyone having this problem, but if there are threads on it that I have missed, please link me to them.

I find romantic relationships pretty difficult in the Sims 4. I know that most people find them easy in the Sims 4 (I do, compared to the the Sims 1), but they are still very difficult.

I think it makes it worse that sims get embarrassed every time a romantic interaction fails. I am considering cheating aspiration points so I can give them the shameless trait.

Is there like a secret to chemistry between sims or something because I have no luck in this department.

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    it seems a lot of sims can get together easy but there are some that you have to make more effort, sometimes it helps to compliment appearance then pick a friendly social and just go back and forth until first kiss pops up.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Start with "safe" romantic interactions first (compliment appearance and flirt are good) and be aware of your target's mood. Keep an eye on the relationship bar and when it's about 30% romantic start working in the "bolder" interactions.

It really is pretty easy IMO.
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Agreeing with most here.

I also try to get them to at least friends level before I start doing any romantic interactions. This seems to "soften" the flirting and sims seem to accept it a lot better than if they are less than.

Also invest in some "romantic decor." Placing objects with the "flirty" emotional aura gets everyone in the mood and makes interactions easier.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited February 2018
    MC command center mod and enable no strings. It will allow to romance another sim more easily, and i do mean easy.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AnokrahAnokrah Posts: 20 Member
    I tried having one of my sims just hit on anything that moved. With max charisma, romantic trait, good kisser etc etc... he still got rejected 60% of the time.

When I tried making friends first then it was easier. I found that you can't just do it in one day... Have to meet and hangout a few times. :)
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    For me, I noticed that the first romantic interest will be harder then the rest but not by much. And I notice some sims might be slightly harder but not many sims are like that. Most are pretty easy, even if they are married and family oriented, good, etc. For the first sim, I will always try to get to friends first before I hit on them. And then, I compliment appearance, flirt, compliment, flirt, and then try something new but not something to forward. I never use pick up line or ask a risque question unless it is in my sim's personality too as those seem to fail me quite often. Save the romantic interactions for when you are ready to spam them with it. If you go one romance and then one friendly and keep switching, it will be hard to get into the amorous exchange level. Once you are there, you can do friendly interactions but make sure you do more romantic ones then friendly ones. Otherwise, it will drop to pleasant or casual discussion. I made a sim that slept with everything in town since it was the fastest way to raise the social and fun bar and I also made a widow challenge load and it is basically always the same for me. Making friends is harder for me imo since it is very easy to get a sim to sleep with your sim and when they do, it raises the romance bar a lot. Also, it raises the fun and social need fast so it is a time saver. haha

• Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    I usually use two methods

First of all try not to have any other sims in the conversation - it is almost sure to fail.

1 - get your active sim in a playful mood then make a flirtatious joke. It always works to get the romantic target sim in a flirty mood. Once they are in a flirty mood use light flirts until they are either very flirty or the pink bar is 1/4 way up. Then they can start with more heavy romantic socials.

2 - get your sims in a romantic mood by either watching romantic tv, having a romantic environment, sims in the business career can gossip about office romances, your sim can take a steamy shower or bath with petals and then make cupid juice and leave it there for the target sim to drink.

Good luck!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Buy a foosball table or go to a pub that has one and invite your target sim over for a game. This cranks up the green bar.

Also writing love emails on the computer works without worrying about embarrassment.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    My best advice to you, is to work on getting the friendship bar about half-way full and then work on the romantic side of things. I, too, ran into the whole embarrassment that occurred during such interactions. Slowly, I was able to realize the friendship bar wasn't high enough. Best of luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    On my serial romantics every time I meet a sim they do the "hands off" flirts first. So ask if single, flirt, give a rose, compliment appearance. Then also do all the charisma stuff and just talk or even cloud gaze. Next time you meet them or arrange a meeting same thing.
    You can get it going on the fast track also if you get the flirty aura going of course. If the other sim is uncomfortable, tense, sad ect.. it's best to either wait till they are better or try another time you can up the friendship at that point as long as you are aware of their traits.. You know like hot-heads don't like to be the target of michief. If they are dazed go for it unless they dislike you lol.
    Also if your sim is confident and the other is in a good mood or flirty mood use bold pick up line it works every time for me.
    Some sims take longer married or sims in a relationship depending on traits, unflirty sims get tense until the relationship is pretty good.

Or if your a nice player just get to know them well and go slow ..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Oh, and the voodoo doll is a good idea as you can bind a sim to it, summon them and make them flirty.