Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add sims 3 families to your sims 4 games?

I was curious! Because I just started a new game and I added some sims 3 families to my game.

I am playing in Willow Creek in a 30x40 lot, and my household has four siblings: 2 young adults, 2 toddlers.

The families I added to Willow Creek from sims 3 were:

Alto
Wolff
Hemlock

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    For a save that I don’t really play anymore, I recreated an old family that I made myself for TS3. But I also brought back the Bunch family, since my own family always intertwined with them.
    I really enjoyed the Bunch family for some reason though, so I am considering bringing them back into my current save.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I haven't yet, but I have been wanting to add the Bunch family.
    My edited versions of them though, not EA's. :p
    lisas.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    It is in the works to add the Altos and Agnes Crumplebottom into my favorite saved game but not just now. I've already created the Altos (taken from the gallery), made some changes to their genetics and recreated their daughter and added 3 sons (because I just don't know how to quit :neutral: ). They now reside in my library until I am ready. I'm planning on a neighbourhood fued between the Altos and the Goths.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I have added a few Sims 3 families to a couple of my saves (the Roomies, the Altos & Agnes Crumplebottom from SV and maybe one or two others) but I haven't played them. I've added way more families from various Sims 2 worlds but again only in the background I haven't played them. I'm eager to at some point have my heirs/heiresses marry their descendants into my family but haven't had the urge to play them outright on their own.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I haven't made them yet, but eventually I'd like to remake the Valquist family. The first time I played them, I had them get together in like two minutes, so I'd like to do that again lol.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I haven't. I never really gotten that attached enough to Sims 3 Sims to want to remake them in TS4. I have remade some of my favorites from TS2 though.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    No because a lot of my sims 3 have a lot of funky colored hair and we don't have the hair color for them on 4...plus the colors are not passed down to child...which is a feature I hate so much in TS4 so no...
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    Wow, nice! The Bunch and Altos are really popular I see. I might have to bring the Bunch family as well.

OMG, I am beginning to think if I should also bring Agnes Crumplebottom too! :D
    CK213 wrote: »
    lisas.jpg

Wow CK213! Thats awesome. Your Lisa Bunch looks spot on!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    No. I don't tend to play with Townies. I prefer to create my own characters, instead. I also don't delete the Sims from my game, unless I want their house for my Sims, which is rare. I generally do my own building, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I have downloaded Sims e Sims people I have recreated from the gallery but never ended up putting them in though I meant to. Now I have to start all over so I might as well try to find those Sims again and put them into my new games. I loved the roomie households in sunset valley one is called roomies but there was another set of roomies in sv I really like as well. I also had downloaded a household before with Jared, Connor frio, Jamie, and Claire It's one.

I have added sims2 families into my sims 4 world though. The broken, pleasant, dreamers, curious brothers, and singles household
  • Options
    TodilooTodiloo Posts: 110 Member
    No because a lot of my sims 3 have a lot of funky colored hair and we don't have the hair color for them on 4...plus the colors are not passed down to child...which is a feature I hate so much in TS4 so no...

What do you mean with the colors not getting passed down to child? Is that if you have unnatural colored sims only?
    Gallery ID: cykelnHH -mostly making realistic horseys
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    lisas.jpg

I really like Sims 3, but I honestly feel like EA didn't even TRY when they created the pre-made Sims. A lot of them are just so ugly... not just their appearances either. Their clothing choices are almost always awful as well. Most of the time, their clothes don't even match at all. Then again, the pre designed clothes and objects in the game are very ugly too. I get that EA was attempting to get the players to use "Create A Style" (which may be why pretty much all the pre-made designs for the objects and clothes are awful looking), but still... lol When it comes to Sims 3, the laziest part of the developers were the pre-made sims, along with the clothes and objects before you get into CAST with them.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I did remake a few Twinbrook premades for some of my saves, since they're the only premades I have a real connection to tbh. Now half my sims are descended from Harwood Clay in TS4 too, just like God absolutely did not intended.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I added an updated version of the Montys, Capps and Summerdreams from S2.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2018
    i don't remake any sims from other sims games
    the day has to come first when i run out of new ideas for new sims & scenarios, that might tempt me to try something like this :smile:

but i don't do it mainly because every sims game has its own character & the respective sims behave in a different way, interact with each other & the world in a different way, i make sims according to that & that's with every sims game different
    i also just prefer to play the respective game, i like to play sims i made for TS3 in TS3 & i even prefer to play sims i made for TS4 in TS4
    i even have some difficulties to use objects, clothing & hair remade as cc from other iterations, the character is different, especially between TS4 & the previous sims games
    that's why i prefer to use alpha hair & stuff in TS2/TS3 & clay hair in TS4 :smile:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, I have sims from 2 and 3 in my game. Because I only play one family and a couple of related households I need an easy way to recognize all my townie sims. I have Agnes Crumplebottom, the Brokes, the Dreamers, Altos, Greenwoods, Burbs, Jamie Jolina, Amy Bull, Meadow Thayer, the Newbies, the Frio brothers, the Bunches, Christopher Steel, the Landgraabs, the Pleasants, Gobias Koffi, the Wolffs, Liam O'Dourke, and Don Lothario. I downloaded them all from the Gallery. I only have a few remaining Sims 4 sims. The Heckings, Lynx, the Count, the Bjergsens. The rest I've deleted from my game.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    From Sims3 -
    Jamie Jolina (has become my favorite lately)
    Lisa Bunch (my "test" Sim)

... and as an added bonus ...

Fran Foofaraw (The Sims Bustin' Out)

I created Jamie and Lisa from scratch.

Fran is both Gallery and ModTheSims C.C., but she was worth the "hassle". She is a perfect copy of the (original) Bustin' Out version that I've found!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited January 2018

I really like Sims 3, but I honestly feel like EA didn't even TRY when they created the pre-made Sims. A lot of them are just so ugly... not just their appearances either. Their clothing choices are almost always awful as well. Most of the time, their clothes don't even match at all. Then again, the pre designed clothes and objects in the game are very ugly too. I get that EA was attempting to get the players to use "Create A Style" (which may be why pretty much all the pre-made designs for the objects and clothes are awful looking), but still... lol When it comes to Sims 3, the laziest part of the developers were the pre-made sims, along with the clothes and objects before you get into CAST with them.

I agree with this statement except in one case - aurora skies, I think they made some of their best sims for that world. Clearly somebody on their development team was in the zone when they made them.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I haven't done any premades, but I had fun recreating my favorite Sims 3 family that I'd played with.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)