Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have to ask...

How did Laundry Day Stuff win the poll?!

I just found out today there were options like Off Grid Living (which had I been aware there was a vote and had voted would probably have gone for). Laundry Day Stuff just seems so dull

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Technically what won was the Off-the-Grid option. Laundry was lumped in with it very early on in the process (I don't believe the laundry option itself was ever actually voted on the only time I voted it was already there but I could be wrong) and then there was more voting about what was included in the pack and eventually it became Laundry Day Stuff.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I like the laundry pack.. but I would have loved to see the other options more.

I think a lot of players prefer to get the same content from previous versions.. So with the possibility that by not choosing laundry day it wouldn't be included in the future made a lot of people choose it.

There was already laundry related decor in the game such as the laundry piles and baskets etc so who knows?
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Actually, Eco Living won the poll. Many people were asking for laundry and laundry was somehow wrapped up in Eco Living ( I would have thought starter home myself ... but whatever ). Laundry kinda took it over and it turned from Eco Living to Laundry Day.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Devs put the laundry there from the start in the description but it was supposed to be an Eco Friendly pack. Then in the gameplay options people chose Laundry over food preserves (like jam and stuff similar to TS1 and TS3), over solar panels and water saving, over carbon conscious/recycling.

However there were other ideas presented by the devs that didn't even made the cut on the survey, because devs pre-chose for us, like allergies, candle making, soap making, sewing and so on.

Overall I didn't get anything I voted for.

I also wanted the modern eco friendly over the rag one, because it's more representative of today and I was exited to have solar pannels in my sim's houses. And washing the clothes on a tank and then disposing the dirty soap water on the ground is not eco-friendly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2018
    CursedDice wrote: »
    How did Laundry Day Stuff win the poll?!

I just found out today there were options like Off Grid Living (which had I been aware there was a vote and had voted would probably have gone for). Laundry Day Stuff just seems so dull

Different strokes for different folks? *shrug*

I was once on a multiday tour that went to a lot of churches. After a while they all look the same, until we got to the brutalist one. It was stunning - I was deeply moved by its stark beauty, and the play of light, and the way it drew the eye up to the heavens but subtly. The other people on the tour hated it. I guess if we were voting in advance based on little pictures and a short description, we wouldn't have gone. Sometimes people just like things you don't. Doesn't make those things better or worse, just not what you like.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Devs put the laundry there from the start in the description but it was supposed to be an Eco Friendly pack. Then in the gameplay options people chose Laundry over food preserves (like jam and stuff similar to TS1 and TS3), over solar panels and water saving, over carbon conscious/recycling.

However there were other ideas presented by the devs that didn't even made the cut on the survey, because devs pre-chose for us, like allergies, candle making, soap making, sewing and so on.

Overall I didn't get anything I voted for.

I also wanted the modern eco friendly over the rag one, because it's more representative of today and I was exited to have solar pannels in my sim's houses. And washing the clothes on a tank and then disposing the dirty soap water on the ground is not eco-friendly.

Eco-living just wasnt a good theme to begin with in my opinion. Canned preserves, solar panels, and recycling all sound more dull than doing laundry but now we have a pack where the only eco things are a washtub and a clothesline.

Im not disappointed with how laundry day turned out but I am with how the voting results went and how we could have gotten something better that stayed more true with the theme.

And laundry should have just came in a patch... Its just laundry..
    LR3g0ni.jpg