Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Not dry

Sims getting sad because their laundry isn't quite dry, oh pleeeease. That's pathetic, what's even more pathetic is them going to bed and crying it out. Perhaps someone in the team thought it would be funny, guess what, it's not, it's just bl***y annoying.
Allergic to Trolls

Comments

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Actually, I just realised, I haven't asked the question I was most interested in with the Laundry pack. Do they leave dirty clothes all over the floor every time they change or does it all go straight into the hamper no matter where they are on the lot?

I miss Sims 2 humour. It has slowly but surely become more and more childish rather than that wonderful quirky we grew to love.
  • Options
    ClairkPClairkP Posts: 136 Member
    @sawdust, in answer to your question, yes it goes straight into the hamper no matter where they are, at least they got that right. As for the sad bit, I could understand if they became uncomfortable if the clothes were still damp, although you're pretty stupid if you put damp clothes on, but sad, and wanting to cry about it. Pathetic.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Well if you Sim is a Slob or Lazy as they say,they leave their piles of laundry all over the place for others to pick up as they never will unless you tell them too!
    ~ You can put one laundry hamper anywhere on the lot & all the laundry will go into it every time a Sim Spins!(the basket just has be on the lot,not even in the house if you so desire!)
    ~ The only time my Sims have been upset because they have wet or damp cloths on is when fixing leaking plumbing & after the Dog has slashed a sim from a Pee puddle,they get grossed out, & after a dog/puppy shakes the water off after a bath,or self-inflicted by stomping/jumping in puddles of water!( They also hate wet cloths after getting out of the pool????)
    ~ Some of it is a little bit too much, but others common sense! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
  • Options
    ~ The dryers work fine,they do work better with upgrading, (not catching fire so much!From the lint filter,not being cleaned) but I have yet to get damp or wet cloths from the dryer, & you can not take the cloths of the cloths line till they are dry!
    ~ But if you are a Lazy person wearing cloths out of the dirty laundry hamper or of the floor, it will result in damp or mouldy or very smelly cloths(take your pick!) Or if you have mischief makers in your household a sandwich or food thrown into the wash will result in not so clean cloths to wear after they have been dried!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    ~ The dryers work fine,they do work better with upgrading, (not catching fire so much!From the lint filter,not being cleaned) but I have yet to get damp or wet cloths from the dryer, & you can not take the cloths of the cloths line till they are dry!
    ~ But if you are a Lazy person wearing cloths out of the dirty laundry hamper or of the floor, it will result in damp or mouldy or very smelly cloths(take your pick!) Or if you have mischief makers in your household a sandwich or food thrown into the wash will result in not so clean cloths to wear after they have been dried!

Well obviously the dryer doesn't work well in my Sims place because they are walking around Sad because they have damp clothes.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sometimes you have to turn the dryer back on so that it has run through the drying cycle twice... otherwise you get damp washing. lmao just like in rl.
    You can check to see if it is dry by hovering over the chose to put away or place down, if it says clean and damp... turn the dryer back on.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity ... how many Sim minutes does the dryer run when the clothes are still damp?
  • Options
    mshadaimshadai Posts: 75 Member
    Something I found re clothes on ground,, I only had one hamper n it was full n forgot to wash.. my household increased with twins so there were several piles of clothes.
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
  • Options
    Just a question ..I have had to buy a new hamper now n then,, u see clothes in it but when u press do laundry ..no buttons r active.? Anyone seen this .. @sawdust
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg
  • Options
    I don't have the pack @mshadai so can't help you there. I don't play the game, only build, so I don't buy packs until they are at least 40% off as I think it's too much money to spend when I only utilize part of the game mechanics.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Don't know re: mins to dry clothes tbh as my sims throw it in the dryer and then go off and do other things. You can apply various upgrades to both the washer/dryer and this changed time taken and quality of clothes, also stops the lint fires if you're not into living life dangerously with your sims :D@sawdust
    I'm actually really enjoying seeing my sims hang clothes on the line. Seems to me like there are different line-drying times depending on which world your sim lives in... have to test that theory out tho.

There is a bug @mshadai where suddenly hampers of dirty clothing can not be interacted with so delete the hamper and get your sims to change clothes and you can wash again. The devs know of this bug so I guess there will be a fix sooner than later.
    Hamper take 20 changes of clothes so for a large household you may need to do washing more often or buy another hamper.
    Sims with slob or lazy trait will auto leaves clothes on floor..cool feature if you ask me.

*sorry about all the edits: keep thinking of something else to add lol... used to another forum where I'm a mod and can edit my posts with admin tools lmao! :D

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Boy I'm collecting a lot of info about the laundry, thanks guys. However, I'm hoping some smart geek at Mod the Sims will write a Mod so they don't get sad over damp laundry. Uncomfortable, yes, sad NO.
    Allergic to Trolls
  • Options
    > @NZsimm3r said:
    > Don't know re: mins to dry clothes tbh as my sims throw it in the dryer and then go off and do other things. You can apply various upgrades to both the washer/dryer and this changed time taken and quality of clothes, also stops the lint fires if you're not into living life dangerously with your sims :D @sawdust
    > I'm actually really enjoying seeing my sims hang clothes on the line. Seems to me like there are different line-drying times depending on which world your sim lives in... have to test that theory out tho.
    >
    > There is a bug @mshadai where suddenly hampers of dirty clothing can not be interacted with so delete the hamper and get your sims to change clothes and you can wash again. The devs know of this bug so I guess there will be a fix sooner than later.
    > Hamper take 20 changes of clothes so for a large household you may need to do washing more often or buy another hamper.
    > Sims with slob or lazy trait will auto leaves clothes on floor..cool feature if you ask me.
    > s
    > *sorry about all the edits: keep thinking of something else to add lol... used to another forum where I'm a mod and can edit my posts with admin tools lmao! :D

Thank you so much for your help,
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm liking or awesome-ing LOL as many of your comments as possible, @mshadai so hope you will become fully-fledged soon LOL :D

• Options
    Ty honey I need to find posts too post on lol ... I actually got two questions bout photography but where to post is another matter as I can’t yet make a new discussion
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ~ Guess what I can now take the washing of the line damp/wet,but only with my Sim whom has maxed Mischief, my other Sims can not,so maybe their traits affect what they can & can not do with the Laundry pack items that they interact with, just a thought! ;)<3 ♥ (I know the Slob/Lazy trait affects them so why not others!)
    ~ And as for the different times in drying, I have families & households with only the wash tub & cloths-line & others have everything both wash tub & washing machine & drier,others have washing machine & the cloths-line only,the difference in time is actually easy to work out as it is just common sense really,they dry quickest from the washing machine,but if you upgrade it it will give even dryer cloths to hang on the line,if you hand wash they take forever as they have to literally (virtually speaking!LOL) drip dry,also upgrading the cloths line helps in drying time too,go figure!? *shrugs shoulders!* B) (an arid Oasis Springs would definitely dry your cloths faster I am thinking,than anywhere else, I have still got to update them with this lovely pack,I have six saves,so six Oasis springs to furbish!LOL) (I forgot Murkland,that is a Seventh save ;))
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2018
    My sim hung his washing on the line in Oasis Springs (can't remember the plot name but in a new game the 'Roomies" live there) and it was dry in about one sim hour. Might have been a glitch but there you go. Hung it out around midday and next thing it was dry.

Darn it..editing for typos #typoQueen

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    It seems I have to dry every load at least twice. I dont know if its because I wait until the hampers are full or what. I finally found out if you hover over the "unload laundry and set down", it will give you a pop message that says what its status is (same with washer). It took me too long to find that so if that's old news, consider me old. :p

I am still not sure how I feel about laundry, other than pushing my stay at home parents to have a job while parenting. So much pausing to figure out if the laundry is done before they wander off to "check on toddler" for the 42nd time in 3 hours.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    My sim hung his washing on the line in Oasis Springs (can't remember the plot name but in a new game the 'Roomies" live there) and it was dry in about one sim hour. Might have been a glitch but there you go. Hung it out around midday and next thing it was dry.

Darn it..editing for typos #typoQueen

~ If it was washed in the washing machine,yes it does dry that fast,even faster on an upgraded Washing machine & cloths line(yes you can upgrade the cloths line!)
    ~ But if it was washed by wash tub,it takes just about all day, I have not noticed if it is quicker in OS as it is arid desert,but seeing we do not have weather yet,I think it moot! (now on the other hand if we had weather I think drying times will be different for every Hood) ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Nectere wrote: »
    It seems I have to dry every load at least twice. I dont know if its because I wait until the hampers are full or what. I finally found out if you hover over the "unload laundry and set down", it will give you a pop message that says what its status is (same with washer). It took me too long to find that so if that's old news, consider me old. :p

I am still not sure how I feel about laundry, other than pushing my stay at home parents to have a job while parenting. So much pausing to figure out if the laundry is done before they wander off to "check on toddler" for the 42nd time in 3 hours.

~ Yes Hovering over objects that can be interacted with has always been a thing,in Sims 4,it is the first thing I do on a new pack to see what everything does!( you learn a lot that way,I recommend you make it part of your initial search on opening a newly installed buy, & I am old,but always curious, I love to see how things work!LOL) Happy Simming, & like me, I hope for many more years ♥ <3
    ~ Also the Washer & drier requires a Sim to do two interactions on each, One to put the laundry in, then you have to get your Sim to start the Washer or Drier, so two to get your wash or dryer started & cloths washed & dried,if you do not do the second command the Sim walks away & your washing will sit there getting dirtier or if wet smellier (this is annoying to me,but I do understand why, as you can add things to the wash,or with the Dryer,you have to clean the lint tray every time,unless you upgrade it!)
    ~ A tip**Sims like flowers put in their wash (just add to Wash Tub (pretty Butterflies!) or Washing Machine! Piles of laundry kept on dresser also have butterflies♥) if your Sims do not garden,wild harvested fruits & flowers will do!) Your Sims have a good mood & smell nicer longer!(well it will depend on how well they were washed & dried! ) ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    That is interesting to know, @aussiekarima You learn something new every day about Sims or anything really. :)