March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher no longer installing store updates?

2...Next

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,352 Member
    @emorrill Here it is
    Updated first post to include Steam edition content patches
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited November 2020
    The Steam patch link is down. And I also noticed it is the same link I posted over at Steam forums back in the day :D Well F me for trusting mega.

Is it verified that you actually need to use the Steam version of the patch if you are on Steam? I have been using the other one you have posted for a while and it seemed fine, but I have a lot of Store content so it is very likely if I miss something being wrong. I personally think it should be fine because there are no other versions for the mods that modify store content but I am not certain.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    @Rsanda I’ll get the Steam edition ones uploaded and a link posted tomorrow, but yeah, I think the other ones should work fine. It’s all 1.67!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,980 Member
    Preserving this thread for the new forum
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,900 Member
    I have just read through this whole thread - which isn't very long so not hard to do.

I thought I'd add my bit here for anyone on patch 1.67. I have no experience with Steam.

I've checked and discovered I no longer have the content patch files in most of my Sims 3 folders. I have many Sims 3 folders due to having a separate Sims 3 folder for each of my YouTUbe video series.

My store content works fine in all of my Sims 3 folder regardless of the content patch files being there or not. The folders are always there but most of my content patch folders are empty.

I suspect, if you have a relatively recent version of your store content, meaning store content downloaded since they stopped adding new expansions or new store content to the game, then you probably don't need the store patches.

If, however, your premium content is not working properly, the store patches most likely will not help. The issue is most likely to be found with having a corrupt ccmerged.package file in you DC Backup folder.

There used to be a ccmerged.package file available to download from someone. It might be ellacharmed, but suspect it could be someone else. I haven't looked for it for years as I prefer to generate my own as it is specific to which premium content you have in your game.

My process for creating a new ccmerged file is to

1. rename my existing Sims 3 folder so I can go back to it after making my new good ccmerged file.

2. Launch the game which will create a new Sims 3 folder

3. Install only my premium content from the store.

4. Once ALL of my premium content has been installed, then I make a backup of that good new ccmerged.package file that I just made.

5.Then I replace the corrupt ccmerged.package file that is in my DC Backup folder with the new one.

NOTE: Before deleting the corrupt ccmerged.package, check its file size. If it is not exactly the same as the new ccmerged.package you just created, then it was most likely not a good version of the package and needs to be replaced with the new package file. The only way the old ccmerged file would be a different size from the new package you just created is if the old file has different premium content in it and this could happen if it was downloaded, or if you didn't install all of your premium content into one or the other of the package files.

Good luck and Happy Simming
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,778 Member
    Oh! I didn't see this :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top