Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harry Potter Legacy Challenge!

dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
(Inspired by the Not So Berry Legacy Challenge)

This challenge requires: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood

(Optional additional packs include Outdoor Retreat and Vintage Glamour, these are only required for one generation)

Gen 1- Serverus Snape

After being kicked out of the house by your parents, you strive for a large mansion like the one you grew up in.

• Must have Hates Children trait
• First house must have the Needs TLC lot trait
• Must woo and have child(ren) with a ginger married sim
• Partner must leave there partner for Snape
• Must max the Logic and Mixology skills
• Must join the Science career and create all the potions
• Home lot must be at §50,000 or higher

Gen 2- Luna Lovegood

Growing up in a mansion sure did have its impacts, but the death of your mother caused you to isolate yourself from others.

• Must have mother die whilst a child
• Must max the Painting and Writing skills
• Cannot have any close friends until a Teen
• Can only have two children
• Must join the Writer career and enter the Journalism branch
• Partner must own a pet
• Must befriend a ghost

Gen 3- Hermione Granger

You had everything you wanted as a child, but you now want more. You focus way too much on school and work but still put your family forward.

• Must have buck-teeth from Toddler to Teen
• Must have Genius or Bookworm traits
• Must get an A in grade and high school
• Must own a cat
• Must marry a ginger sim and have only two children
• Must max five skills (10 levels)
• Must complete either the Feather or Snow Globe collections.
• Must join Business career and reach at least level 6 and enter the Management branch
• You and your partner must have the Insane trait after Gen 4 is a toddler

Gen 4- Neville Longbottom

You hardly know you parents and you live with your lunatic grandmother. However, you hardly see her because you just sit in your room thinking about frogs. You really like frogs. And gardening.

• Must live with grandmother
• Must max the Gardening skill
• Must complete the frog collection
• Must marry as an adult and own a restaurant (can only own restaurant whilst married)

Gen 5- Draco Malfoy

You never really liked your father, your mother was always more loving. At school you only really ever had two friends, but you still want to live in a great, expensive mansion like your predecessors.

• Must have a higher relationship with mother than father
• Must have the Mean trait
• Have a romantic relationship whilst a teen but marry a different sim
• Must have two close friends as a child and a teen
• One of your close friends must die in a fire
• Home lot must be at §50, 000 or higher

Gen 6- Dolores Umbridge

Growing up in riches affected the way you act, you pretty much hate everyone. You do love everything pink, though, so you've got that going for you.

• Must have the Evil and Cat Lover traits
• Must have at least one pink article of clothing per outfit
• Must join Political career and enter the Politician branch
• When debating politics, you must debate from the right
• Must leave a sim at the alter
• Must have a child out of wed-lock
• Must have two children
• Must have more negative relationships than positive

Gen 7- Sirius Black

Your mother's political stance changed the way you think, you are completely against it. One thing you do like is dogs.

• Must have the Party Animal aspiration and the Dog Lover trait
• Must own a big black dog
• Must max the Dog Training skill
• Must create a club as a teen with three other teen boys
• Must move in with your best friend as a teen and then move back into childhood home once Gen 6 dies.
• Must have a negative relationship with family members prior
• Must have a butler (if you do not own VG, you can have another sim in the household act as one)
• Must adopt at least two children

Gen 8- Remus Lupin

After being bitten and turned into a supernatural being, you, for some reason, really like plasma. A typo in the coding means that other Sims refer to your 'little secret' as being a Bearwolf!

• Must become a vampire and have the Good Vampire aspiration
• Dark form must consist of the Bear costume (if you do not own OR, you can use the Fruit Bear outfit or the Raccoon outfit from CL)
• Must drink at least one alcoholic drink per night, failing to do so means you must turn a sim into a vampire
• Can only marry as an adult or over and partner must have a non-natural hair colour and be the life stage lower

Gen 9- Harry Potter

The death of your parents really hit you hard. You grew up under the stairs but just want one thing in life. Freedom. You want to fly free like an owl, or even a phoenix.

• Parents must die when you are a baby, you must live with your aunt and her family
• As a teen, you must have a club where an activity is to ‘Fight’
• Must have two best friends
• Must marry your best friend’s sibling and your best friend must marry your other best friend
• Must join the Secret Agent career and enter the Diamond Agent branch.
• Must own a white pet and witnesss her death.

Gen 10- Albus Dumbledore

Being the last branch in your family tree, you want to make your ancestors proud. You want to do something in your life. Just you and your pet.

• Must have two siblings
• Must outlive both parents
• Must max all skills
• Must complete a collection
• Can drink the Potion of Youth as an Elder as many times as necessary
• Must have no children
• Must have a red pet

Post edited by dyl_andwhat on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Alternate Gen- Tom Riddle

You never really fit in at school. You bullied others at the orphanage to make up for your lack of empathy.

• Must outlive both parents
    • Must have the kleptomaniac trait
    • Must live in an ‘orphanage’ as a toddler-chid (6 other children and one elder)
    • Cannot play as any other child whilst in the orphanage
    • Must write in a diary whilst at the orphanage
    • As a teen, must move into a Needs TLC apartment
    • Must witness seven deaths and steal one thing from each dead sim's house
    • Must own a pet
    Post edited by dyl_andwhat on
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    This sounds like a lot of fun! I might have to attempt this after I finish Not So Berry.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    My hubby would like this challenge, he's really into Harry Potter
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    This sounds awesome! I love that you added the alternate generation as well. I definitely need to try this!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I might want to point out a little issue with Gen 1- Servus Snape never lived in a mansion-he's lived in the "poor" area of Cokesworth on "Spinner's End" street not too far away from where the Evans girls (Lilly and Petunia) lived as children.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I might want to point out a little issue with Gen 1- Servus Snape never lived in a mansion-he's lived in the "poor" area of Cokesworth on "Spinner's End" street not too far away from where the Evans girls (Lilly and Petunia) lived as children.

The rule: '• First house must have the Needs TLC lot trait' reflects Spinner's End. I added the mansion rule to give it more of a challenge.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I'm looking for something new to try, so I'm definitely going to give this a try. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I think this might be fun.

xD Especially the 'bear-wolf' part sounded hilarious to me.
  • Options
    (Bump)
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited March 2018
    @DatLlama Found your post from January and again today :)
    DatLlama wrote: »
    There are a few questions about your challenge.
    Gen 1- Serverus Snape
    First house must have the Needs TLC lot trait
    This is a hidden trait of sorts found only in a Maxis made apartment. It cannot be applied to other lots by the player.
    Must woo and have child(ren) with a ginger married sim
    If no Sim meets this criteria can a Sim be changed to a ginger?
    Looks like a fun theme for a challenge.
    There are a few other points that piqueue my curiosity but my main questions are these.
    How far have you gotten while playing this challenge?
    Were you able to achieve all the goals for each generation?
    Are all the generations supposed to be connected to the previous ones? That may seem like a strange question but for example Gen 4- Neville Longbottom says
    You hardly know you parents and you live with your lunatic grandmother.
    Does that mean his grandmother [Gen 2- Luna Lovegood] would need the insane trait and that he would not live with [Gen 3- Hermione Granger] his Mother?

Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    is needs TLC really a apartment only thing :[ that is so sad!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @DatLlama Found your post from January and again today :)
    There are a few questions about your challenge.
    Gen 1- Serverus Snape
    First house must have the Needs TLC lot trait
    This is a hidden trait of sorts found only in a Maxis made apartment. It cannot be applied to other lots by the player.
    Must woo and have child(ren) with a ginger married sim
    If no Sim meets this criteria can a Sim be changed to a ginger?
    Looks like a fun theme for a challenge.
    There are a few other points that piqueue my curiosity but my main questions are these.
    Are all the generations supposed to be connected to the previous ones? That may seem like a strange question but for example Gen 4- Neville Longbottom says
    You hardly know you parents and you live with your lunatic grandmother.
    Does that mean his grabdmother [Gen 2- Luna Lovegood] would need the insane trait and that he would not live with [Gen 3- Hermione Granger] his Mother?

1. I notice this and applied this rule as the character lives in a poor area of England. This rule does not apply to the whole of the generation, only their first house/apartment. They can move out later.
    2. Eliza Pancakes meets this requirement, she is also a Base Game sim so all players can have her
    3. Gen. 2 does not require the insane trait and Gen. 4 would not live with his mother.
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    is needs TLC really a apartment only thing :[ that is so sad!

Sadly it is, however you can ignore this rule if you do not own City Living.
  • Options
    asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    lmao at some of the requirements:

"• Must woo and have child(ren) with a ginger married sim"

Crying at some others:

"• Must own a white pet and witnesss her death."

Too soon, too soon!

(I love the idea of this challenge, maybe I'll try it out once I'm done with my current challenge)
  • Options
    @DatLlama
    There are a few other points that pique my curiosity but my main questions are these.
    Still curious . . . . . :smiley:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @DatLlama
    There are a few other points that pique my curiosity but my main questions are these.
    Still curious . . . . . :smiley:

Ah, read over these.

I am currently still on Gen. 1. I have fulfilled the first three requirements and am on level 6(?) of the scientist career. I haven't played the save in a while.
  • Options
    I am currently still on Gen. 1. I have fulfilled the first three requirements and am on level 6(?) of the scientist career. I haven't played the save in a while.
    That is great that you are making progress :+1: Looking forward to seeing how it goes as you test play this challenge.

• Options
    elleesky1993elleesky1993 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this challenge! Definitely going to get started on this very soon. :smiley:
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Why do some of the generations have rules that involve sims I wouldn't be playing if I did this challenge? For example, in Gen 9, my heir's friends have to marry each other. I wouldn't be playing the friends, so I would need to switch households to get the relationship up high enough for a marriage to happen, or I would need to cheat, which is not usually allowed in Legacy challenges. I have never done a legacy challenge before, so I could be mistaken, but I thought the rules were only supposed to focus on what the heir is supposed/allowed to do?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Why do some of the generations have rules that involve sims I wouldn't be playing if I did this challenge? For example, in Gen 9, my heir's friends have to marry each other. I wouldn't be playing the friends, so I would need to switch households to get the relationship up high enough for a marriage to happen, or I would need to cheat, which is not usually allowed in Legacy challenges. I have never done a legacy challenge before, so I could be mistaken, but I thought the rules were only supposed to focus on what the heir is supposed/allowed to do?

As the creator of the challenge, I allow cheating only for this rule as it has no real relation towards the heir.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Is it possible to play this challenge although I don't have Cats & Dogs, Vampires or Outdoor Retreat?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Is it possible to play this challenge although I don't have Cats & Dogs, Vampires or Outdoor Retreat?

You can skip the challenge requirements that include those packs. As Gen 8 uses Vampires mainly, I would recommend doing the alternate gen here
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    {DELETED, ACCIDENTAL NECROPOST)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I like that it's not all obvious characters! But justice for Ron lol