Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BABY BOY INVASION......

Hello dear Simmers..... I'm in a spot of bother! My computer had to be checked out by an I.T guy, and ever since then my female sims are only giving birth to baby boys much to my dismay as I find male sims rather boring to play, that's just my way of playing! So I was wondering if anyone had any sort of solution for my crisis, and I am in no way an expert on the insides of computers so please don't offer any really hard technical advice like deleting the work the I.T guy did on my comp system ;) . I really need your help though as I have made my female eat both apples and watermelons and both came up with boys, and also watching and listening to the kids channels on both the telly and stereo, actually, by having her listen to the stereo and watch the telly didn't even sprout twins like it normally does, so that's another mystery if anyone could help?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The fruit trick requires 5 watermelons for girls for the maximum effect (no apples, each one would cancel out the effects of one watermelon), all eaten during the first two trimesters of pregnancy. For standard pregnancy lengths, that would be the first two sim days. Others have claimed that it only works until the baby bump appears, so that would be the first sim day and a half or so. There's never any guarantees though, even on full effect a boy could be born. If anything else happens in-game to predict the gender of the unborn child, the fruit will no longer be effective.

It could be, if you are not using mods such as those from NRaas that help the game make more logical sense at times, that this ongoing save is just going to keep producing (single) male children as something has gotten stuck along the way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Whitneysim @igazor With no mods involved, I always get the sex I want on children. My sims all have the hardly hungry LTR. Once I get the notice they are pregnant, I have them eat nothing but all apples (for boys) or all watermelons (girls) throughout their entire pregnancy. I don't have them eat anything else. With the hardly hungry LTR they don't need to eat anything else and I make them eat many watermelons or apples until their hunger bar is full.

If you want twins without using the fertility LTR , have your sims listen to kids music and watch kids tv allot. The watching kids TV and listen to kids music gives you a higher rate of twins. If you want twins of the same sex only eat watermelons or apples but not both. The twins thing has always worked for me. You may not be watching enough kids TV or listening to kids music. I have the kids music playing constantly while they're pregnant and have them watch allot of kids TV if I want twins