Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help on Gothic Library

Hi guys sorry if I ask same question that probably post few times but how do I place the Gothic library in my Sims 3 game?
d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You find it in Edit Town, in the Community lot tab. It helps to recognize it by the thumbnail as the description isn't very good (in my game the lot name is "2"). Find a lot in the world you are playing that is at least as large as the library (40x30). Select the Gothic Library in the Community lot tab, then click the "place copy" button, and click on the empty lot grid in the world where you want the library to go.

The lot grid in the world must be empty and must be zoned some community lot assignment (I usually use No Visitors Allowed). To ensure the lot is actually empty, go into build/buy mode on the lot, place something (like floor tiles), go back to Edit Town, and then use the bulldozer tool on the lot. If you use the bulldozer tool on a lot that's actually empty then you'll delete the lot grid, which is not what you want to do (because sometimes you cannot place the lot grid back). Placing an object on the lot ensures that the bulldozer tool only deletes the contents of the lot, not the lot grid itself. You may need to use the bulldozer tool on the lot even if the lot in the world looks empty in build/buy mode before you can place a lot from the bin.

If that doesn't help you'd need to provide more information about what the problem is. There's nothing special about placing the Gothique Library. It should work like placing any other lot in a world.
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Thanks
  • Options
    Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    You find it in Edit Town, in the Community lot tab. It helps to recognize it by the thumbnail as the description isn't very good (in my game the lot name is "2"). Find a lot in the world you are playing that is at least as large as the library (40x30). Select the Gothic Library in the Community lot tab, then click the "place copy" button, and click on the empty lot grid in the world where you want the library to go.

The lot grid in the world must be empty and must be zoned some community lot assignment (I usually use No Visitors Allowed). To ensure the lot is actually empty, go into build/buy mode on the lot, place something (like floor tiles), go back to Edit Town, and then use the bulldozer tool on the lot. If you use the bulldozer tool on a lot that's actually empty then you'll delete the lot grid, which is not what you want to do (because sometimes you cannot place the lot grid back). Placing an object on the lot ensures that the bulldozer tool only deletes the contents of the lot, not the lot grid itself. You may need to use the bulldozer tool on the lot even if the lot in the world looks empty in build/buy mode before you can place a lot from the bin.

If that doesn't help you'd need to provide more information about what the problem is. There's nothing special about placing the Gothique Library. It should work like placing any other lot in a world.

What she said :) Let us know if you need any help still okay.
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• Options
    Grid and Community bench disappeared when I try to place copy of Gothic Library 2 on Community lot
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I have placed it on several different lots over several redo's of Sunset Valley and not a problem. The last place I have it is the last 30 x 40 lot by the stadium. What world are you trying to place it into? Sometimes when I try and place a lot say 30 x 40 onto a 30 x 40 lot I will get an error message that the lot isn't big enough to accommodate what I am trying to place. I go into the lot, build a wall and go back out and bulldoze it. That will usually allow me to place the community lot.

If the grid (lot?) is disappearing when you try to place it, it could mean the lot you are trying to place it on is not zoned properly for the library. I used "Community lot", then "library" when I placed it. Or perhaps not big enough or just being difficult.

Are you able to place it on another lot? Are you able to place it in another world?

I'm not that great explaining things. Can you post a screen shot of the problem? Or explain a little better?
  • Options
    Midnight Hollow
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Tell me where and I will try to place it in Midnight Hollow.