Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this? Warning: Disgusting image of sick pet.

Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
The pet getting sick is one of my cats, Siggy. He was bitten by a squirrel while my vet was working so my vet treated him(maybe 10 real minutes before). That room is locked for all but household, so that is all him. I've never seen pets throw up that green stuff before. I assume this is the disturbing thing people have seen and thought the pets were dying? I don't understand why he is sick, he was just treated. There is no option to examine him or take him to the vet. His icon is fine.
tumblr_p0kftx5lZl1wy9czzo1_1280.png

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    It’s a glitch that started with one of the post C&D updates.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    The pet getting sick is one of my cats, Siggy. He was bitten by a squirrel while my vet was working so my vet treated him(maybe 10 real minutes before). That room is locked for all but household, so that is all him. I've never seen pets throw up that green stuff before. I assume this is the disturbing thing people have seen and thought the pets were dying? I don't understand why he is sick, he was just treated. There is no option to examine him or take him to the vet. His icon is fine.

This happens to my cats too but its because they eat bad food or puddles or something they shouldn't. Some cats eat everything.... Also if there fluffy it could be fur balls.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,461 Member
    I recently had a similar issue with one of my cats. I went to play a household and as soon as it loaded, the cat started throwing up. I couldn't ask it "what's wrong", and it continued to excessively vomit all over the house. There was no option to take it to the vet, but I took it anyway. The only thing I was able to do was get a preventative shot, because even though it was still vomiting everywhere, the game did not recognize that it was ill. So of course, after the preventative shot, the cat was cured, but then it had the vet/lampshade fear glitch and ran away the next day because it was stuck in fear discomfort. One bug is irritating enough, but when they are consecutive like that, it completely interferes with gameplay. I just hope we get a decent bug patch this month.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    can verify that that puke is not from squirrel scratch fever. i had several houses where i made the mistake of moving pets in while they had get together's woohoo bushes on the lot (one has 3 bushes...). pets will autonomously pounce into these bushes (hunters/prowlers, adventurous seem to do it more often, but even lazy fluffballs will too) and fight birds, squirrels or raccoons. and, each bush has its own cooldown for re-pouncing, so if there's more than one bush, they move on to the next one almost instantly. while this is a quick way to get the feathers collection completed, it's also a fast way to get skunk-smelly pets with squirrel scratch fever... i've even left one of those pets unattended for over a week just because i was so annoyed with them. all i've ever seen is the dizziness and passing out from the fever, even after that long a time
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Rae357 wrote: »

This happens to my cats too but its because they eat bad food or puddles or something they shouldn't. Some cats eat everything.... Also if there fluffy it could be fur balls.

I did see him in a puddle of vomit earlier(another pets, not his own), my vet was treating a patient though so couldn't do anything. If this is the pets reaction to what amounts to food poisoning then I really think it's over done. He vomited over 15 times.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I adopted a sick stray dog with the same disease. I gave her the healthy treat and she is still sick but I don't have the heal option on the veterinarian desk because it says no pets are sick :/
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    looks like a major bug

you should open a bug thread about this issue at EA Bug Report Forum (link here)

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA