Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sculpting In Ice

KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
I wanted a set of all possible sculptures in ice and the topiary and metal sculptures too.

I ended up using a sculpting mod available at MTS to get the final 5 sculptures as I was tired of the endless repetition of already found sculptures.

The mod enabled my 8 sims to find all but one sculpture and make it in ice that won't melt. They did it in an afternoon (real life afternoon). The one sculpture they haven't found yet is Sleeping Gnome McNulty.

I spent about a week (real life) trying to do this without mods. I got lots of sculptures to keep but was still 5 short of having them all.

I placed all of the sculptures in a single room and lit them. Some additional sculptures (duplicates of what's indoors) I placed outside. Here are the pictures.

Some leftovers (extras) stashed outdoors just after the sun went down.
Ice001.jpg

Ice002.jpg

And just before the sun went down
Ice003.jpg

When I'd finished making the sculptures a few of the sims started doing their own thing and one of them made the fountain in wood. I think this is the only instance I have of it in wood. I have hundreds of versions of it in ice.
Ice004.jpg

This fountain is one of the two items they can make but they have to do them autonomously as they don't appear in any list.

The other item they make autonomously is the magic gnome of sculpting. This group never made it. But I do have lots of them from my previous groups. Only this group used the sculpting mod.

I haven't let them sculpt for real life days though. Not all of them know all of the sculptures. They will continue learning as they continue to sculpt. But I think I've got enough for now.

Here are a few indoor shots. I've got the glass gnomes from the store indoors too - as they haven't found Sleeping Gnome McNulty yet. I'll probably have to go on without that one.

The good thing about this activity is now I have a group of 8 sims who can make all (but one) of the sculptures I don't need to have the mod in my game as I plan to use this group as a resource to make whatever I want.

I also have huge numbers of most of the sculptures saved in a few other games. I'll gather them all together later and place that lot in my library to be used as a resource for when I need sculptures. Unfortunately it isn't complete as there are 5 sculptures I didn't find without the assistance of the mod.

Here are the indoor shots - I'll continue to play around with lighting and include other objects when I get into a real game with this lot.

Ice005.jpg

Ice006.jpg

Ice007.jpg

Ice008.jpg

Ice009.jpg

Ice010.jpg

Ice011.jpg

Ice012.jpg

Ice013.jpg

Ice014.jpg

When I finally get my new computer set up I'll be making a new series of videos on the McFluff story. I wanted these sculptures available for that story and videos.

Happy Simming
Post edited by Karritz on

Comments

• Options
    FYI - this is the full list of possible sculptures

Whatever can be made of ice can also be made from clay, wood or stone.

Bar Stool

Bab's Towering Barstool
    Barstool de Mish
    Old Sam's Barstool
    Parlor Perch Barstool
    Sturdy Stool

Bathroom Stuff

Bargain John
    First Step Potty Chair
    Plain Basin
    The Porcelain Throne
    Sink in Despair
    The Thru-Flush Toilet

Coffee Table

Case Closed Coffee Table
    The Mission Coffee Table by Lulu Designs
    Two-Ton Table

Dining Chair

The Cozinator 450
    Dinner Party Perfect Chair
    Old Sam's Dining Chair
    The Elsinore
    Mount of Comfort Dining Chair
    The Muga Sitzer
    Rafkin's Dining Chair
    The Simmer Down Chair
    Sit-up Straight Dining Chair
    Stone Seat from Tomb Dining Inc.
    Yankee Doodle Dining Chair

Dining Table

Another Era Dining Table
    Knack Outdoor Table
    Table de Bistro by Bourgeois Creations
    Table-licious

End Table

Chaible
    End of the Line Table
    Le Petit Table
    Metatable
    Royal Francois End Table from XIV Antiquities
    Tabla Del Extremo

Furniture

Artsy Easel
    The Clothing Hamper by Full Load Inc.
    Epic 10th Anniversary Chess Set
    Flavor Savor Nectar Rack
    Infinitory Imaginary Station
    Mirage Garbage
    The Necteaux
    Yummer's High Chair

Living Chair

The Avant
    Bracken Living Room Chair
    Lazy Lounger
    The Olafian
    Passable Mission Chair
    Pete's Living Room Chair
    Practically Yours
    The Regal Rester
    The Savannah
    Simply Elegant Seating
    Swank Living Room Chair

Other

Antique-But-Not Lotus Pot
    Globe Sculpture
    Rory's Display Pedestal - Egypt
    Rory's Display Pedestal - France
    Sleeping Gnome McMulty
    The Urn of Franco

Statue

A Show of Force
    Alexia Full of Hair
    Deep Thoughts
    Fab Fabled Filly
    Fabu Foo
    Gally de Orleans
    Gator
    Gloria
    Just a Kitten
    Lenny the Evil Freezer Bunny
    Medusa Victim
    Modernist's Flame
    Octavian
    Out of Water
    Peanuts
    Perfect Piece
    Phillippe of Aznac
    Rodent Repellent
    Siren's Call
    Socratic Therapy Bust
    The Gazing Pharaoh
    The Guardian Griffin
    The Tiki Lord
    Viva el Mano
    You've Got a Big Head

Metal Sculptures

Larger Than Life Sculpture
    Shapely Conundrum
    Shiny Things Metal Chair
    SimBot Scraps
    The Steely Stallion

Topiaries

Anna the Panda
    Dragon Dougherty
    Felix the Giraffe
    Penguinopoly

The bolded headings are the menus you see when you ask a sim to sculpt a specific sculpture.

Extras Not In Any List

Immoderate Water Fountain
    Magical Gnome of Sculpting
  • Options
    edited February 29
    You've seen their handiwork - so I thought I'd show you my sculptors. They are all supposed to be siblings and that's my excuse for them looking so alike.

They are all rather muscly due to their work - sculpting is quite physical.

I added my CC Skins and Hair specially. Actually not for this particular group - it was because I kept adding sims from my library to earlier games and they'd turn up without any skin. I decided it would be easier to add the skins to the game than to keep taking sims into CAS to give them new EA Skin.

Here are the Martins.

Barbie
    Barbie_Martin001.jpg

Charles
    Charles_Martin001.jpg

Fred
    Fred_Martin001.jpg

Janice
    Janice_Martin001.jpg
    Her chest measurement is extra large due to the hair I wanted to use for her. Either she grew to fit it or it would float around in the air looking a bit odd.

Marj
    Marj_Martin001.jpg

Maureen
    Maureen_Martin001.jpg

Oscar
    Oscar_Martin001.jpg

Peter
    Peter_Martin001.jpg

That's it for now.

Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    The sculptures are meant to be used for the McFluff videos. I will be putting the videos onto YouTube when I finally get my computer set up.

In the meantime I've gone back to my game with Old Gertie McFluff.

The Videos start with young Gertie Green who has inherited Gertie's home and cats in Cake Island.

At the moment Old Gertie is living in Hidden Springs.

The back story to the videos is Old Gertie was best friends with young Gertie's GG Grandmother.

Today I decided to make Iris Green and she now lives with Old Gertie in Hidden Springs. She's been skilling and visiting France with Old Gertie.

Then tonight I decided she needs a baby to be young Gertie's G Grandfather. This led me to making Gerry. I used Master Controller to give Iris and Gerry and instant baby. Then I aged him up to toddler and Iris went to work while Gerry taught him to walk talk and potty.

I am about to go to sleep. Just thought I'd show a few pics from today.

Here is Gerry. I got this picture because I think it is the most inappropriate formal wear any male sim has been presented to me with by the game.
    Gerry.jpg

Needless to say I changed his wardrobe. Not that he's going to have much involvement in the game. He's going to run off and leave Iris to raise their baby alone. I think old Gertie might have to help.

Iris has a job in the culinary career. I'm going to try to get the fridge from getting her to the top of that career and then pass it on to young Gertie Green.

While Iris was at work, Gery taught baby Ben to walk, talk and potty.

Here are the pictures I got this little family.

Benjamin001.jpg

Benjamin002.jpg

Benjamin003.jpg

Benjamin004.jpg

Benjamin005.jpg

Benjamin006.jpg

Benjamin007.jpg

Benjamin008.jpg

My new computer isn't designed as a gaming computer, but it does have a nice graphics card. Its strength is multitasking. I'm hoping that makes it work better with OBS Studio than my laptop does. I'm finding recording videos to be hazardous as my game tends to crash and I often think I'm recording and discover later I wasn't so I miss a lot of what I wanted to capture. Having two monitors will be helpful as I won't have to flip away from the game to see if OBS is recording. That flipping between OBS and the game seems to be what causes most of my crashes. I haven't been recoding for a few weeks now.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Here's another little update on my backstory for the McFluffs.

I tried to post this yesterday but was getting server errors. Had a busy day and was out a few times. Dogs went to the vet for their health check. They appear to be healthy.

Anyway. Here are the pictures

Benjamin009.jpg

Gerry002.jpg

Gertie001.jpg

Iris001.jpg

Old_Gertie064.jpg

Since I got these pics I have aged Ben up and he's a child now. I gave him plant sim hair. It suits him and seemed appropriate. It's not green hair so it isn't really plant sim hair. He's not a plant sim.

The three young adults went to Egypt. I'm doing things with them while I wait for Ben to age up and have his own family. Gerry is still with them.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    That last sim pictured above is Old Gertie. She is the witch who died just before the McFluff videos start and left her home and cats to young Gertie Green.

Iris and Gerry are young Gertie's great grand parents.

I thought I'd give young Gertie a family tree and some history to Old Gertie before I start making the videos - especially since I can't start making them until I get the new computer set up.

In the meantime the game has been giving Old Gertie weird outfits and hair. The picture above is one of the less odd hairs the game decided to give her.

I have been taking her into CAS to fix the problem each time as I have very set ideas on what she should look like and the game has other ideas and keeps changing her.

I decided it was probably due to having NRAAS Dresser mod in. I just put it in to see what would happen. I now see what happens and don't like it and it has been removed.

Old Gertie has three approved hairstyles - she is either wearing a witches hat with her hair up or plaits depending on the outfit unless she's in her formal attire when she will have her hair up with a flower in her hair. I don't expect to see her in her formal outfit though.

Here are a few more pictures of Old Gertie.

One of the weird outfits the game thought was a great idea for her. It freaked me out a bit when I saw it.
    Gertie002.jpg

This is her with her correct outdoor outfit - she wears that hat for outdoors and every day.
    Gertie003.jpg

Gertie004.jpg

Gertie005.jpg

She's in her swimmers here - but she wears this hair to sleep too.
    Gertie006.jpg

I've noticed Ben is sleeping in the double bed with his mother. Gerry is sleeping out in the igloo. This is probably because I didn't give Ben a bed yet.
    Igloo001.jpg

The whole group of them are travelling and doing the world adventures tombs.

I will age Ben up as soon as he gets an A in school. Not that it really matters - he's just going to be turned into a YA and used to produce one baby who will become the father of the young Gertie who is the initial star of the McFluff game. I'll use Master Controller to add her to the family tree when necessary.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    I may as well start at the beginning.

You've seen the ice sculptures happening at Gertie's place. Those pictures probably belong in the McFluff thread as they are in fact the McFluffs.

While getting them to sculpt I discovered a few things about sculpting. Previously I'd had sims in games do some sculpting but not done much beyond a few sculptures and given up. I avoided the ice because it melts.

Then I found out once they do 25 ice sculptures their ice sculptures don't melt any more.

I'm setting up a lot for a series of videos on the McFluffs. The current McFluffs you are seeing here are the back story for the proposed series of videos.

I've made the lot on Cake Island which is a CC world made by Rflong7.

The lot has a heap of CC on it and I wanted it to be a bit like fairy land. I thought ice sculptures - especially ice furniture - would be a spectacular way of adding to what is already on the lot.

I have the Ice Lounge that was a reward for buying Seasons IP as a digital download from Origin. I've since also bought Seasons (and other EPs and SPs on disk to avoid having to get patch 1.69).

The ice in the ice lounge set isn't as nice as the ice they make sculpting but I'll probably use it as well.

There is a mix of ice lounge and ice sculptures in these pics and you can easily spot the difference. The ice sculptures look clearer, less blue, more sparkly and wetter to me. But I've recently discovered that I appear to see more colours than most so it is possible I'm seeing different blues when most would see the same colour.

IceLounge.jpg

Sculpting006.jpg

Sculpting007.jpg