Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game no longer generates random NPC as staff on lot..

I started a new game and for some reason this game uses the Neighbors as staff on lots instead of generating/spawning a random NPC. Basically, instead of a random Sim being the barista, the game uses Bob Pancakes.

This also happens with Restaurants (waiters, host being neighbors), and Spa Retreats (yoga instructor, massage therapist). This hasn't happened before with my other saves. I don't like the neighbors being the staff. I prefer to see them there a customers/visitors. :(

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I use MCC to do exactly that, the less generated sims the better...for me :p Try to give them jobs, usually it's the unemployed sims that use to work in the community lots.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited November 2017
    Livinity wrote: »
    I use MCC to do exactly that, the less generated sims the better...for me :p Try to give them jobs, usually it's the unemployed sims that use to work in the community lots.

Thank you for replying. <3

But it still doesn't explain why the Neighbors are suddenly the staff and aren't with my other saves. :( I'm going to start a new save and see what happens.

Edit: Started a new save and it still is happening. Maybe it's a new update?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    You're welcome :) maybe it's because you have different saves made after and before the patch? I don't know, but try to give them jobs, this should do the trick. I need to manually set the unemployment rate in MCC to 100% otherwise sims won't show as staff in community lots if they have a job. I absolutely need it because I have so many community venues, my game would go crazy generating sims for each one.

Or you could mark them as played, I never saw my played sims working as staff, but I'm not sure about that.
  • Options
    You're welcome :) maybe it's because you have different saves made after and before the patch? I don't know, but try to give them jobs, this should do the trick. I need to manually set the unemployment rate in MCC to 100% otherwise sims won't show as staff in community lots if they have a job. I absolutely need it because I have so many community venues, my game would go crazy generating sims for each one.

Or you could mark them as played, I never saw my played sims working as staff, but I'm not sure about that.

I'll try this, once I figure out how to "mark as played". XD I think it is a new patch or something.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I've always seen unplayed neigbors and premades as public venue staff, so I was surprised to read that you hadn't before now.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have always had premades as staff. Prime example being. The Vatore's are always bartenders. Vlad pops up as a bartender too and I've had him as a pizza delivery person (That was hysterical) but, I haven't seen him as a barista yet. The Caliente's are frequently barista's or bartenders. It's interesting that you haven't had that happen before. So, you've just had what? Random created sims as your service.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    From what I know, the game generates sims to fulfill roles when there are no other sims available that can fulfill certain roles. Some of these roles require a hidden trait for certain sims to make them eligible. E.g. when it's your first time hiring a maid, the game will generate one because no sim exists that has the hidden trait that determines they should be a maid (the same goes for other service sims), or if you go to bars and it's ghost/alien night and you have none of them, the game will generate ghosts and aliens. But this doesn't apply to most NPC jobs as those don't require any special trait whatsoever, and if you have a lot of unplayed sims without jobs, the game first tries to use one of those sims to fulfill the roles.

I don't know about your other saves though. Maybe you just got unlucky and the game decided to use all your neighbors as staff sims? Or yea, it could be a patch thing (I only play one save so I can't compare). If it's a bug though, I'd love that bug! (I hate when the game constantly generates townies because of their weird fashion sense and I have to keep cleaning them up).
  • Options
    Thank you guys for replying. It's funny but I don't like the premades being the staff. I do understand though about having to fix the random NPCs in CAS. I have to do this a lot, but I don't mind.

I don't know why I'm the only one who has generated Sims for staff. So apparently @Astraelis you have random Sims generated as workers/staff on lots?

I also want to say could this be because I installed C&D? I've recently purchased it this last weekend and maybe since I installed it I now have premades as workers. I'll test it by removing C&D and see what happens when I start a new game.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I started a new save and never bothered Don L. and he has not shown up anywhere in my game play yet. Sometimes I click on his house and he is there, but he never shows up anywhere. I’d hook him up with someone if he did.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Thank you guys for replying. It's funny but I don't like the premades being the staff. I do understand though about having to fix the random NPCs in CAS. I have to do this a lot, but I don't mind.

I don't know why I'm the only one who has generated Sims for staff. So apparently @Astraelis you have random Sims generated as workers/staff on lots?

I also want to say could this be because I installed C&D? I've recently purchased it this last weekend and maybe since I installed it I now have premades as workers. I'll test it by removing C&D and see what happens when I start a new game.

If I don't have enough unplayed sims already, the game will start to generate more whenever I visit a lot where an NPC role is needed. I always try to make my own townies/unplayed sims without jobs to alleviate this. Doesn't matter whether they're a townie or housed; only thing that matters is that they don't have a job like Livinity said. Also even if you do give unplayed sims jobs, it's possible for them to quit their careers on their own (especially if they have the noncommittal trait from what I notice), so you may see a change of people fulfilling NPC roles every now and then.
  • Options
    Astraelis wrote: »

If I don't have enough unplayed sims already, the game will start to generate more whenever I visit a lot where an NPC role is needed. I always try to make my own townies/unplayed sims without jobs to alleviate this. Doesn't matter whether they're a townie or housed; only thing that matters is that they don't have a job like Livinity said. Also even if you do give unplayed sims jobs, it's possible for them to quit their careers on their own (especially if they have the noncommittal trait from what I notice), so you may see a change of people fulfilling NPC roles every now and then.

I'm understanding what you mean @Astraelis .

This is what I think happened: I noticed that you can set a Maximum Sim Count limit in Game Options. I see the default count was set to 80. So I guess that means the game can't have over 80 Sims? I think since I've added Cats and Dogs over the weekend that the limit was reached since the game comes with a world with premades included. So that would explain why the game used premades as staff and didn't before with the other saves because I didn't have Cats and Dogs installed, so the limit wasn't reached yet. I hope this make sense(?).

I think the game only uses premades as staff/workers if the Maximum Count is reached. I could be wrong, but that is the only reason I can think why my game suddenly uses premades as workers on lots and didn't before.

The reason I don't like premades being staff is because I like to see them out with their families dining and at the spa together. I won't be able to see this if they are working on the lot. I think it is cute when the Goth family (or any family) goes out to eat together.

I'm still learning the game. I've also noticed there is a "Manage Households" when you go to Manage World. It would be nice if EA added a way to edited their career from there (maybe even their skills). Imagine how easy it would be to edit each household if we had that.

• Options
    Marktn wrote: »
    I started a new save and never bothered Don L. and he has not shown up anywhere in my game play yet. Sometimes I click on his house and he is there, but he never shows up anywhere. I’d hook him up with someone if he did.

Wrong thread? XD <3
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

This is what I think happened: I noticed that you can set a Maximum Sim Count limit in Game Options. I see the default count was set to 80. So I guess that means the game can't have over 80 Sims? I think since I've added Cats and Dogs over the weekend that the limit was reached since the game comes with a world with premades included. So that would explain why the game used premades as staff and didn't before with the other saves because I didn't have Cats and Dogs installed, so the limit wasn't reached yet. I hope this make sense(?).

I think the game only uses premades as staff/workers if the Maximum Count is reached. I could be wrong, but that is the only reason I can think why my game suddenly uses premades as workers on lots and didn't before.

The reason I don't like premades being staff is because I like to see them out with their families dining and at the spa together. I won't be able to see this if they are working on the lot. I think it is cute when the Goth family (or any family) goes out to eat together.

I'm still learning the game. I've also noticed there is a "Manage Households" when you go to Manage World. It would be nice if EA added a way to edited their career from there (maybe even their skills). Imagine how easy it would be to edit each household if we had that.

The maximum SIM count is the maximum amount of Sims you can favorite as households that will be skipped for culling. The actual SIM count that generates before culling happens is like 525, at least I think. The premade NPC neighbors are often put in the game for random jobs, especially those that do not have employment preset.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The maximum SIM count is the maximum amount of Sims you can favorite as households that will be skipped for culling. The actual SIM count that generates before culling happens is like 525, at least I think. The premade NPC neighbors are often put in the game for random jobs, especially those that do not have employment preset.

Okay well I don't know why my game acts different from other games. I still don't like premades being the staff/workers. :( I know you guys say give the premades jobs, but I thought EA did this before, because you can ask them about their career.

Maybe one of the Gurus can explain why my game changed suddenly.

Edit: So I looked at Sims Wiki and I see that the Sims I saw worker are suppose to have employment presets. Gunther Munch was worker as a waiter at a restaurant but he is suppose to a writer's assistant http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gunther_Munch

So something is wrong/changed with my game. :( I want the Sims to have the assigned Careers the Devs gave them. I guess I could go into each household and give them their jobs back but that ruins the game for me, as like the Sims living their own lives without my interference (except for when it comes to CAS LOL)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2017
    The game will only generate random NPC townies when requested by the Sim or when the game can't find a sim with the level appriate or close enough for the job required, this will not change the career of households that are also played. This was done lower the generation of random families for just each lot. A good example lets say you go to a Bar lot, the Bar in that lot needs a level 10 mixologist skill, so it will search through though not in world first, if it can't find any it will search the neighborhoods, if they find someone that is a level 8, the game will hirer them, if not the game will keep looking until it finds someone close enough, if it can't find any sim above level 5 for the mixology skill it will spawn a level 10 mixologist, played households are called last when a job is needed and the sim has the necessary skills to complete the job, before spawning new sims, but won't change the career of the played households.

Edit 1: There is a work around for some of the jobs for mixologist, just go to one of the Festivals, if you have City Living the pull out of the non played sims and your likely to get a new one, especially if the location you pick has too bar stations, such as the Karaka Bar and the Festival Bar.

Edit 2: The other option is throw social event and choose higher a new mixologist.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member

Okay well I don't know why my game acts different from other games. I still don't like premades being the staff/workers. :( I know you guys say give the premades jobs, but I thought EA did this before, because you can ask them about their career.

Maybe one of the Gurus can explain why my game changed suddenly.

Edit: So I looked at Sims Wiki and I see that the Sims I saw worker are suppose to have employment presets. Gunther Munch was worker as a waiter at a restaurant but he is suppose to a writer's assistant http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gunther_Munch

So something is wrong/changed with my game. :( I want the Sims to have the assigned Careers the Devs gave them. I guess I could go into each household and give them their jobs back but that ruins the game for me, as like the Sims living their own lives without my interference (except for when it comes to CAS LOL)

I counted the households, the game don't count individual sims it counts households towards its max, and does not count service sims or non played ghosts.
    I have in my save game 52/80 I counted all the households and got 52 households all together including the not in this world neighborhood.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options

It's from what I mentioned. Unplayed sims may autonomously quit their careers, especially if they have the noncommittal/lazy/irresponsible traits. It's annoying and the only way I fix it (that I know of) is by marking households as played even though I don't actually play them.
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    The game will only generate random NPC townies when requested by the Sim or when the game can't find a sim with the level appriate or close enough for the job required, this will not change the career of households that are also played. This was done lower the generation of random families for just each lot. A good example lets say you go to a Bar lot, the Bar in that lot needs a level 10 mixologist skill, so it will search through though not in world first, if it can't find any it will search the neighborhoods, if they find someone that is a level 8, the game will hirer them, if not the game will keep looking until it finds someone close enough, if it can't find any sim above level 5 for the mixology skill it will spawn a level 10 mixologist, played households are called last when a job is needed and the sim has the necessary skills to complete the job, before spawning new sims, but won't change the career of the played households.

To add on, some NPC roles seem to require certain traits. I've noticed every Librarian that spawned for me had both the Bookworm and Neat trait, and every gardener had Loves Outdoors. May just be a coincidence though.
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I counted the households, the game don't count individual sims it counts households towards its max, and does not count service sims or non played ghosts.
    I have in my save game 52/80 I counted all the households and got 52 households all together including the not in this world neighborhood.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the "My Sims" count on the bottom right? If so that refers to how many households you have under "My Households" and not on "Other Households." Some sims are also sometimes hidden from the Manage Households interface, like Mimsy and Bernard from the Von Haunt Estate.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Play those households and leave them marked played. The game will stop giving them other assignments :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

I'll try this, once I figure out how to "mark as played". XD I think it is a new patch or something.

If you go into their households with the Play option, they will automatically be marked as played, and stay that way.

If you want to mark them without doing this, you will need to go into go into your Save, then into Household Management from the map, and bring up each household. There will be an unselected plumb bob icon on the bottom right of the household menu. It is to the left of the other icons, right next to the two arrows icon. You need to click on it to select it and make it green. This plumb bob icon can also be deselected by clicking on it, if, later on, you want to mark that household Unplayed.

There is also a heart icon in this row that is unselected by default as well. Selecting it will place your household into the My Households category. Sounds like you have the number of Sims that can go into this category set to 80 Sims total, which is the default. This number is not total households, it is total Sims. You can set it higher in the Game Options, Gameplay menu, sounds like you have found that. If you do set it higher, it may cause effects such as lag in game depending on your rig. Sims in the My Households category are not eligible for culling, and they don't have to be housed or Played.
  • Options

Thank you everyone so much for replying! :)<3

But I still would like to know why last week if I started a new game, premades weren't working on the lots, and now this week when I start a new game they are automatically the staff. I mean instantly when I move my Sim in the house and travel to the bar or anywhere "Bob Pancakes" (as example) is the bartender or waiter. But a week ago if I started a new game, moved my Sim in a house, and right after moving in, traveled to a lot, an NPC was generated as the staff.

This is what I really want to know: Why the sudden change in my game? I understand now how to fix this with marking households as played. And I understand now how Sims can autonomously quit their Jobs and other things, but it still doesn't explain why instantly now the premades are staff and weren't with my previous saves.

I understand now how the game works since you guys explained it to me, thank you <3 , but I would still like to know why this particular thing has changed suddenly in my game. Maybe it was an update from Cats and Dogs. That is the only thing I can think of. Because I didn't have this before Cats and Dogs.

(Sorry if I'm talking in circles. I just want to make sure everyone understands what I mean. You guys are so kind to leave such detailed post. <3 )

• Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I have also noticed that starting a new game, sims that previously held Careers, No longer do and are now unemployed, venders and bartenders. At first I thought it may be a bug but after starting several new games to test, I found only 2 of those games where using the previously employed townies as venders etc the others all have there careers. Maybe its now randomized if sims, start with careers or not.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I think as more expansion packs are added - more roles have to be filled and thus more premades are grabbed for the roles - Don Lothario is now working at that booth in Brindleton Bay that sells pet food - haha - thought it was kind of funny! I see the poor vampires all the time with restaurant or food booth jobs and always wonder how they are not frying in the sun during the day - guess they all have that trait that prevents that!
  • Options
    @Plainevil <3 I'm so happy I'm not the only one who is experiencing this . I'm going to try doing what you did and starting many new games. I want to see if I get the same result you did with it being random. So far all the new games I've started are all premades being staff on lots.

@AprilDawn <3 This is exactly what I think it is. Thank you for explaining it better than I did. lol I think it is that more roles need to be filled and the game is grabbing premades now.

I don't like this at all. :( Hopefully I can start a save where premades aren't staff. :/

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

But it still doesn't explain why the Neighbors are suddenly the staff and aren't with my other saves. :( I'm going to start a new save and see what happens.

By using unemployed Sims rather than generating a new Sim everytime a job needs filling, it reduces the number of Sims generated thus you don't have to worry about the culling other Sims, especially if you have a lot of venues. I've seen the Roomies and BFF households showing up as staff at my restaurants, for example, and when I was doing retail I got to hire Bella Goth as one of my employees (she was actually the best employee in the store). If you assign jobs to the premades that should keep them busy enough that you'll start to see more game-generated Sims in the NPC positions.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

By using unemployed Sims rather than generating a new Sim everytime a job needs filling, it reduces the number of Sims generated thus you don't have to worry about the culling other Sims, especially if you have a lot of venues. I've seen the Roomies and BFF households showing up as staff at my restaurants, for example, and when I was doing retail I got to hire Bella Goth as one of my employees (she was actually the best employee in the store). If you assign jobs to the premades that should keep them busy enough that you'll start to see more game-generated Sims in the NPC positions.

Yeah I would have to go into each household and give them back the job EA assigned to them. Plus the level they've reached. I don't want to do that. :s:( I wish EA had left the premades alone. I don't this "premades working on lots" stuff at all. I know why it happens but I don't like it. And I understand that I can give them their jobs back, but I still wish to have the game the way it was before.

Also, I was going to test and see if I removed pets if that would fix it, but we can't pick and choose which packs we want to uninstall, we have to uninstall the whole game. :(