Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Animals/Townies with their animals don't walk by other worlds, just Bridleton Bay. Why Maxis?

Have you noticed that only Brindleton Bay has Sims that walk with their animals, and also animals that walk alone in the neighborhood? Yeah, at first I thought it was just my impression, but apparently, it is not. NPC ANIMALS and NPC Sims who take their dogs / cats to walk only appear in Bridleton Bay, not in other worlds. Basically, the only thing that makes cats and dogs appear in other worlds is when you own one of them and take them to those places, or when some lot of a world has some trait that forces animals to visit that place.

I checked with a friend of mine for the internal files of The Sims 4, and apparently there is NOTHING new in the pedestrian codes for the old worlds of the base game and other packs. That means we will not see Sims not controlled by us walking with their animals through San Myshuno, Willow Creek or other places unless you are controlling them.

I can not see it as a good thing. I see this as a horrible limitation. Why that? For what?! Just because the other worlds do not have interactive items for dogs and cats? Frankly, that's bad.
tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I don't have cats and dogs yet, but I actually like that. I don't want strays or random animals showing up everywhere.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't have cats and dogs yet, but I actually like that. I don't want strays or random animals showing up everywhere.

If the expansion is about animals, we have to see, at least, Sims walking with their pets in other worlds, if not, whats is the point about get pets? Limit pets in just one world is nonsense, animals its something that exists everywhere.

And random pets is not the same disaster as random Sims. I can guarantee you. Animals are just animals, it is not like Sims with their weird clothes and strange hats.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2017
    Actually I've seen two of my made townies with a pet have theirs around with them in all the other worlds before (to a lot without pet-related traits). If "NPC" also includes played but inactive sims, I get a lot of my own played sims autonomously bringing their pets along everywhere, so none of my worlds are devoid of animals. I definitely haven't seen strays anywhere besides Brindleton Bay though.

Edit: Here's some screenshots with a townie (red) and played sim (blue) with their pets I've made (You can only slightly see the husky but it's there. I wasn't thinking about it at the time so sorry for the angle). The lot is the Blue Velvet nightclub in Willow Creek. You can see that I'm not controlling either, as the plumbob is on the woman sitting down.

tZDTtTa.jpg

gY1zpuE.png

lpUnlk0.png

Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding you.
    Post edited by Astreon on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A friend of mine is creating a new mod that allow npc animals go to public areas in others worlds, here's the result:

38678839142_f7e7341691_o.png

The number os pets in other worlds is customizable :)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I really wish animals didn't appear in other worlds, but of course they do. There are times I go to a lot and there's vomit and poop all over. It is kind of funny, but I've never seen anything approaching that in the real world, and I have owned a lot of animals over the years.
  • Options
    TeepoKunTeepoKun Posts: 34 Member
    Like what two people posted, npc sims with pets take their pets along with them a lot in any world. When I visit a lot I usually have 2-4 pets just outside waiting for owners or they sometimes go in. There’s no strays though and I think thats ok because I don’t want too many animals running around.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Astraelis , @Felicity @TeepoKun ,

I've just found out that the animals are set up to appear in every lot except restaurant, what they're not set up is for appear walking down the streets of the other neighborhoods other than Bridleton Bay, which can be annoying If you are in your Sim's home, because maybe will notice that there will be no animals on the street because they are not set up to show up.

There is a difference between public areas, and lots.

The game sets up several Sims to walk the streets and sidewalks of public areas of the game. When you are playing at your Sims' house, you usually see Sims walking around, right?

This is the problem. You will not see in other districts, for example, animals walking through the neighborhood, either alone or with their owners who took them for a walk.

You will be able to see animals that will eventually enter into lots, but they appear in the world especially to go to the lot.

With the current game, it is not possible to see Sims NPCs taking their animals for a walk, as shown in this image, where a sim is walking with his dog along the sidewalk of a public area of San Myshuno.

It is only being possible to see this uncontrolled sim taking the dog for a walk in san myshuno because of the mod being developed.

lGtUQ0q.jpg
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Oh I see what you mean. Yes you're right, NPC sims don't take their pets out unless they're specifically entering a public venue (which is ironic because most venues don't allow pets). It looks a bit more natural in the park, but everywhere else it is pretty unnatural now that I think about it. I don't mind if this was changed, and I support the mod since it at least comes with a way to customize the number of strays in a world. I would think that a place like San Myshuno would have more animal control so yea, that small feature is nice.
  • Options
    Astraelis wrote: »
    Oh I see what you mean. Yes you're right, NPC sims don't take their pets out unless they're specifically entering a public venue (which is ironic because most venues don't allow pets). It looks a bit more natural in the park, but everywhere else it is pretty unnatural now that I think about it. I don't mind if this was changed, and I support the mod since it at least comes with a way to customize the number of strays in a world. I would think that a place like San Myshuno would have more animal control so yea, that small feature is nice.

Exactly. Animals can appear in lots of other worlds. But in the game's current settings, they will never appear as "pedestrians" just by exploring the outskirts of the district. Technically speaking, this also affects Sims NPCs, who will never take their animals for a walk through the streets of Willow Creek, for example. That's what upset me. I kept waiting to see animals in the public areas of San Myshuno, and this never happened.

My friend set up the mod for a large number of animals in the district to check if the mod was really working, and see if animals would indeed appear, and the result was that of the image:

NPAt7LL.jpg

The funniest thing was watching a cat attacking a street musician in San Myshuno! Hahaha

MM0teGD.jpg

tenor.gif
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I had a random cat show up on my lot in Windenburg lmao and this was before i installed the story progression mod. So it does happen just not very often
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    I had a random cat show up on my lot in Windenburg lmao and this was before i installed the story progression mod. So it does happen just not very often

Yes, all lots of the game are capable of receiving animals. What does not receive animals are the public areas of the other worlds, with the exception of Brindleton Bay =)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    Astraelis wrote: »

Exactly. Animals can appear in lots of other worlds. But in the game's current settings, they will never appear as "pedestrians" just by exploring the outskirts of the district. Technically speaking, this also affects Sims NPCs, who will never take their animals for a walk through the streets of Willow Creek, for example. That's what upset me. I kept waiting to see animals in the public areas of San Myshuno, and this never happened.

My friend set up the mod for a large number of animals in the district to check if the mod was really working, and see if animals would indeed appear, and the result was that of the image:

NPAt7LL.jpg

The funniest thing was watching a cat attacking a street musician in San Myshuno! Hahaha

MM0teGD.jpg

can you share this mod to us? because i really wanted it too
  • Options
    I'm already testing the mod, it is working perfecly! I can't share for now because I have no autorization by its creator, but i think he's gonna upload on ModThesims even today!

With this mod, the animals are appearing in the public areas of the other worlds (besides Brindleton Bay), and Sims are already taking their dogs to walk through those worlds as well.

DpjJtz3.jpg
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited December 2017

Yes, all lots of the game are capable of receiving animals. What does not receive animals are the public areas of the other worlds, with the exception of Brindleton Bay =)

Edit:: didnt see the mod thing before i wrote lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World