Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vamps and Pets.

I am playing a regular sim, husband and wife, but we live in Vampireland. I have kept them out so far by locking the door and not allowing them in. If however, someday I am turned, how will my pets react to me, as vamps are historically evil, will my pets growl, bark and generally stay away from me. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Vampires aren't evil in the Sims 4 unless you want them to be.

But no, the pets won't growl.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Pets will have no reaction.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I am playing a regular sim, husband and wife, but we live in Vampireland. I have kept them out so far by locking the door and not allowing them in. If however, someday I am turned, how will my pets react to me, as vamps are historically evil, will my pets growl, bark and generally stay away from me. Thank you.

Currently playing a vampire household and the cat acts like they are no different to regular sims. A little disappointing.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Do pets react at all when vampires are doing vampire things? like turning sims, drinking from them, showing off powers or sparring?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No I have not noticed any reaction.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I've had one of my cats hiss when Vlad came to the door and knocked.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It would have been cool if there was a chance that the pet would shun the owner and leave when he or she turned. The process of turning has the sim die, and then the sim is reanimated as a revenant. The pet then sees this new individual as something that looks like their owner but is no longer that person and takes off unless it possesses the the loyal trait or has a very high relationship status. Would have been a neat touch.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Pets will have no reaction.

Not true, they do react to vampires breaking in, forgot to mention that. It's also possible for them to scare away intruding vampires.

But they won't growl at vampires just for being vampires.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    yeah they don't react negatively to vampires as a whole, but some may react to vampires attempting to break in.
    I know since I gave Vlad a cat and they get along naturally...
    Z6gfpiv.png?1