Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is feeding my Pets? I keep finding empty Sim Bowls for food near my Pet's Bed

One was left near the steps and one of my pets was about to eat it before I took it away. It looked like people food.
My Pets have a Nanny, and I have a Butler.
I have auto feeders for my Pets. No other owners in the home.
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    There is the option to cook pet food on the stove and fridge. Is it possible that your butler is making them fresh food? Can you hover over it and see what type of food it is in the bowl? :)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Yes, I did try that twice, I got nothing. and You would think they would put it in a pet dish and not mine. :) I have eaten what the Nanny cooked, so I must be eating Pet food. lol :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The nanny and butler tend to the pets?
  • Options
    I am not sure but they do play with them after you tell your pet to be nice to them. I do not have children, so I did hire the Nannie for my pets.
    Its the same as when you hire them for your kids, they also cook.
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I love a good mystery story... was it the nanny.... or the butler?! *dramatic music*
    But that's cool if they cook for the pets! Now it makes me wanna get a butler as soon as my legacy family can afford it.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options

Yes, also the Nanny. they keep the pets happier and not lonely when you're gone. also, they seem to enjoy the pets. The Pets grow to like them and follow them around. You must first tell your pets to be nice to them, that's when they are accepted as a friend, and also if you have two pets they have to be told to be nice to the other pet and then they become friends as well.
  • Options

Bambooram wrote: »
    I love a good mystery story... was it the nanny.... or the butler?! *dramatic music*
    But that's cool if they cook for the pets! Now it makes me wanna get a butler as soon as my legacy family can afford it.
    (haha funny)
    In my case, I think its the Butler because she spoils them, and one even sits and waits for her to take her bath. I also saw her in the kitchen with them a lot more. playing with them. I have a small breed cat and dog, but the dog begs all the time for Sims people food. lol
    It could be that the Buttler has a higher pet food cooking skill, so I have not got that far yet. I think pet food is always in single servings. The pet food I have cooked looks like pet food. one is the shape of a fish, the other a bone.
    The EP is so new everything is like a new discovery.
  • Options

I found out, the butler was because she is always eating and my little tiny girl dog, begs for any people food, and so they just set it down on the floor for her. :) when someone is eating or its people food out on the counter she stands on her two little legs and act cute and begs, her thought bubble shows fast food, pizza, popcorn, anything she does not care as long as it people food. :)
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

You must first tell your pets to be nice to them, that's when they are accepted as a friend, and also if you have two pets they have to be told to be nice to the other pet and then they become friends as well.

Not necessarily.....some pets are friendlier than others. I’ve had pets that were very friendly with each other right away without having to tell them to be nice to each other.
  • Options

JimG72 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »

You must first tell your pets to be nice to them, that's when they are accepted as a friend, and also if you have two pets they have to be told to be nice to the other pet and then they become friends as well.

Not necessarily.....some pets are friendlier than others. I’ve had pets that were very friendly with each other right away without having to tell them to be nice to each other.

Yes, your right when they are friendly they do make friends. But I notice this more as late and not when they first came out. This time I did make a new dog-friendly and she still does not like new people lol.
    most definitely some pets are friendlier than others. I have some kissing cat and dogs, I had to make them friends because the boy cat would attack the girl dog. both pets are about the same size pets. Also, I make sure they are friends with their nanny, and the Butler, to help keep their social high. We do need The Butler, and the nanny to feed the Pets when they are hungry or the food gets spoil while we are out. When I leave for work they do a pop-up saying they have the nanny, but on returning home I also see both the nanny and the Butler returning with me a few seconds after me. even though the auto feeder has the food in the bowl, I get a warning my Dog is hungry.