Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody have the iPhone version?

Hey guys! :D
So, I was thinking about getting the iPhone version of TS3.

Can someone tell me their opinions on it? I would like to hear about it, before I buy it.

Comments

• Options
    Squirmy8494Squirmy8494 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The iphone/ipod version has load times (like TS2 where you have to go back to the neighborhood to go to another lot), but they aren't long. There are very few community lots and not very many clothing/hair options. It has good graphics though. Hope I helped. :-)
  • Options
    jorkingjorking Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got the iPhone version two days ago and love it. Just bought the Sims 3 software and love it. I was so excited when it came out.

You should get it. I love it 200% percent!

Hoped I helped. :D
  • Options
    gregez1986gregez1986 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The iPhone version of The Sims 3 is a great game! There are a couple of things you should be aware of:

You can't change the face of your Sim. You can change their hair style, but not their face.

The neighbourhood is a lot smaller, with only one community lot (the lake) that you can visit, a couple of shops to buy supplies, and about 10 houses or so.

Still the game is fun!
  • Options
    HugaloafHugaloaf Posts: 135 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's good for a long car ride, but I don't play it unless I'm unbelievably bored and there's nothing else I can do. I don't find it that interesting, because there's not much to do. Obviously you can't expect much from it since it's just an iPod app.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I'm going to buy it. :wink:
  • Options
    JacosJacos Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have TS3 to iphone on my ipod touch. It's great! :D
  • Options
    peachesukpeachesuk Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah it's pretty good, I started playing it before TS3 came out on PC so I sort of knew what to expect and what all the new features were and that.
  • Options
    muffinhead87muffinhead87 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have it on my iphone and its alright
  • Options
    hoeileehoeilee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i have it for my ipod touch, for me is really a nice game just one thing that not good enuff is we got to wait for the loading time.
  • Options
    DeliboyDeliboy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I bought Sims 3 on the PC 1st and absolutely love it (obviously!) but my wife downloaded it on the iphone and I tried it out for about an hour and I couldnt get into it at all, found it a little bit boring tbh.
  • Options
    RetrieverLoveRetrieverLove Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *raises hand* I do! It's soooo cool! I love it, and so does my friend. We're both addicted to it! Unfortunately, she doesn't have The Sims 3 for PC so she can't join us.
  • Options
    Simall9Simall9 Posts: 50 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i hear it crashes alot D: i really wanna get it but not if it crashes like everyone is saying.
  • Options
    borennlborennl Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The key to get it to not crash anymore is to just restart your ipod or phone once you get it by holding tme menu button and the off button at the same time till the apple appears. This completely fixes the issue. The first day I had it, it crashed on me constantly, till I red the reviews on iTunes and did the reset. It runs like a gem now.

It can be a bit repetative, and it takes a good amount of time to get money, but the game is definitely quality. I play it in bed when I am falling asleep and dont have the energy to sit up at my computer anymore.

Hope that helps! :-)
  • Options
    snouffysnouffy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i have got it on my ipod touch. the game is good the load times are a bi boring but overall its a good game. i like the way you can upgrade your house.
  • Options
    Caroline10102Caroline10102 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have it, I like it but it's annoying that to progress at all in it, you need to just go by the storyline,
  • Options
    GrandpaBobGrandpaBob Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've been playing the iphone version since before TS3 was released on PC and MAC. When the TS3 finally did come out, I had to wait a week for the pre-order to arrive, so I kept on playing the iphone version while I waited. When the game finally did arrive.. I installed it, got some items from the store... and then played my iphone version some more.

I still haven't actually made any Sims in the real game yet for my Mac. (quite sad I know). I'm still trying to get My "Bruce Campbell" iphone sim to unlock his "full potential" (hail to the King, baby).
  • Options
    ssandhu96ssandhu96 Posts: 38
    edited June 2011
    NO DONT GET IT ITS HORRIBLE. Don't get any of the TS3 itouch/iphone apps they suck. basically it's just a routine of going to work, going home, playing stupid boring minigames when electronics break (WHICH THEY DO ALL THE TIME),
    talking occasionaly to neighbours, and thats pretty much it.

and for ambitions, the baby only grows up to a toddler and is so boring to have LOL, plus you can't name it.
    "come here, toddler!" ... :roll:
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    If you want Late Night or Generations, bad luck because they are nit avalible for mobile.
  • Options
    jacejacejacejace Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    my sim is best friend with johnny. no matter how i insult, argue, humilate or slap him, our relationship wont downgrade. just keep stuck on best friends. how???
    Fyi, i'm playing it on iphone4.