Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs should have another trait

I really wish there was a "dislikes animals" trait. Then if a Sim gushes about their pet to a sim with it, the sim would get bored. Or a sim with that trait could complain about pets, and a sim with "dog lover" or "cat lover" could get annoyed (except there's no annoyed emotion, and anger would be too strong).

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I really wish there was a "dislikes animals" trait. Then if a Sim gushes about their pet to a sim with it, the sim would get bored. Or a sim with that trait could complain about pets, and a sim with "dog lover" or "cat lover" could get annoyed (except there's no annoyed emotion, and anger would be too strong).

That would have worked perfectly for my Cruella De Vill sim :love: . I can think of a few other sims in my game that wouldn't like furry critters too. That would have been pretty interesting to do and see how they'd react :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I thought that would have been an obvious trait for them to add considering there is a trait for those who dislike children. Im pretty sure theres one for disliking vampires too although i could be thinking of Sims 3
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i was hoping for this, as well. and some type of fur allergy. had expected at least one of the two to show up, alas
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i was hoping for this, as well. and some type of fur allergy. had expected at least one of the two to show up, alas

That would have been cool. I am personally someone who loves animals more than people but people are the one thing im not deathly allergic to
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    For the most part, "dislikes children" was a trait used by career oriented sims as the finishing touch to their overall business-oriented personality. Pattern respected, yet again, with Lily Feng in TS4. Dislikes pets would be totally different, because of its specificity, and I don't know if E.A. wants to corss that line. Allergy would be nice, if it was something passive, treatable by in-game medecine.
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The "Hates Children" trait is pretty underwhelming...don't know if "Hates Pets" would really accomplish all that much. The biggest difference is that Children are part of base game....so everyone gets them, whether they want children in their game or not. So the "Hates Children" trait makes more sense. By contrast, they probably don't expect many people to buy the Cats & Dogs EP if they don't want or like pets....so a "Hates Animals" or "Hates Pets" trait would have much less utility as part of that EP.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

this would've been neat! I'd prefer that to a "hates pets" type trait too. missed opportunity but alas.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    @JimG72 it's for the gameplay. In the Sims 3 Paradiso Island there were a trait ''hate water'' but it didn't bother anyone. Your comment don't make any sense.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    The "Hates Children" trait is pretty underwhelming...don't know if "Hates Pets" would really accomplish all that much. The biggest difference is that Children are part of base game....so everyone gets them, whether they want children in their game or not. So the "Hates Children" trait makes more sense. By contrast, they probably don't expect many people to buy the Cats & Dogs EP if they don't want or like pets....so a "Hates Animals" or "Hates Pets" trait would have much less utility as part of that EP.

I hope you do realize that not everyone plays Sims that represent themselves. Even if we love animals and buy the pack for that reason it would still be fun to have a Sim who dislikes animals.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

I love my furbabies-- currently we have two cats and a dog, but through the years we've usually had more. I still would love to have a household with a dog lover and a person who just does not like them. Sims 3 had the dislikes animals trait with there being negative reactions to people who love animals and to animals themselves.

Allergies would have been amazing as well.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

I hope you do realize that not everyone plays Sims that represent themselves. Even if we love animals and buy the pack for that reason it would still be fun to have a Sim who dislikes animals.

My thoughts exactly! Take the sim I made above for example. Do you think I'm a rich heiress/fur designer that's distinguished by anything that drools and dreams of getting a spotted puppy coat by any means nescessary? :lol: not even close.

But in the sims most people aren't their sims, their "God"...well the "Watcher" for correct term (as TSM states it) looking through the window in hopes of guiding or not guiding their 80+ digital people.

Also there's lots of simmers who buy pets, you'd be surprised how many of them aren't always interested in the animals themselves but enjoy what they bring.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Your argument makes no sense though, because people would get the "Hates Animals" trait by buying the pack, thus giving it purpose. Still, I'm not sure they'd even represent such a trait in a way that people liked. It's very weird how they chose to handle some of the traits in Sims 4.

Commitment Issues in Sims 3 for example was a personal preference; it meant your Sims was more spontaneous, and if you liked taking "suggestions" from your Sim's wishes, then this trait was simply more interesting since they threw all kinds of cards at you that other Sims would never utilize OR only utilize in very specific and predictable circumstances. Commitment issues in Sims 4 might as well be renamed "Tense all the time" because I'm not sure how they expect my Sims to pay the bills without having a job.

I think the main problem and the big difference is that in Sims 3, they were simply more sensitive. Going to work in a bad mood meant they wanted to quit their job, whereas having a fight with a lover meant they wanted to break up. They'd also desire to learn "a new skill" (not a specific one) and seemed more open to trying any career regardless of other personality traits.

Sims 4 however ignores conditions completely, and regardless of the state of their career or the state of their relationship, they eventually hate it. Their commitment issues trigger 100% of the time regardless of conditions and regardless of their actual satisfaction with their relationship. Very boring, very annoying, very obnoxious.

Hates Children is in a similar boat. In Sims 3 it just assured your Sim wouldn't want to have kids ever while also giving them the ability to shoo children. It also meant they built relationships with children muuuuuuuuch slower. Sims 4? They just get angry around kids, which is immediately weaksauce due to the overwhelming spam of Happy moodlets. It basically does nothing. If I could rename it, I'd rename it "Hates Dollhouses" because they obsessively tear those apart. This also doesn't really seem like the type of portayal people were looking for. When I hear "hates children" I think of someone that dislikes them and wants to avoid them. The Hates Children trait in Sims 4 however is weird as heck and basically turns the sim into a cruel sociopath around children; they regularly get wishes to go hunt down a kid, be mean to them and make them cry. Like...what? Who the heck acts like this?! In what universe do grown adults make it a goal to seek out children and make them cry? It's super warped.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options

Your argument makes no sense though, because people would get the "Hates Animals" trait by buying the pack, thus giving it purpose. Still, I'm not sure they'd even represent such a trait in a way that people liked. It's very weird how they chose to handle some of the traits in Sims 4.

Commitment Issues in Sims 3 for example was a personal preference; it meant your Sims was more spontaneous, and if you liked taking "suggestions" from your Sim's wishes, then this trait was simply more interesting since they threw all kinds of cards at you that other Sims would never utilize OR only utilize in very specific and predictable circumstances. Commitment issues in Sims 4 might as well be renamed "Tense all the time" because I'm not sure how they expect my Sims to pay the bills without having a job.

I think the main problem and the big difference is that in Sims 3, they were simply more sensitive. Going to work in a bad mood meant they wanted to quit their job, whereas having a fight with a lover meant they wanted to break up. They'd also desire to learn "a new skill" (not a specific one) and seemed more open to trying any career regardless of other personality traits.

Sims 4 however ignores conditions completely, and regardless of the state of their career or the state of their relationship, they eventually hate it. Their commitment issues trigger 100% of the time regardless of conditions and regardless of their actual satisfaction with their relationship. Very boring, very annoying, very obnoxious.

Hates Children is in a similar boat. In Sims 3 it just assured your Sim wouldn't want to have kids ever while also giving them the ability to shoo children. It also meant they built relationships with children muuuuuuuuch slower. Sims 4? They just get angry around kids, which is immediately weaksauce due to the overwhelming spam of Happy moodlets. It basically does nothing. If I could rename it, I'd rename it "Hates Dollhouses" because they obsessively tear those apart. This also doesn't really seem like the type of portayal people were looking for. When I hear "hates children" I think of someone that dislikes them and wants to avoid them. The Hates Children trait in Sims 4 however is weird as heck and basically turns the sim into a cruel sociopath around children; they regularly get wishes to go hunt down a kid, be mean to them and make them cry. Like...what? Who the heck acts like this?! In what universe do grown adults make it a goal to seek out children and make them cry? It's super warped.

I laughed way too hard at hunting down children and making them cry.
    Thats how i get my breakfast
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Though thei does act too atrocious.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wish there was a trait for loves animals rather than using 2 spots for the same thing. I think that the individual ones should still be options... but, a combined one.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame