Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stray Pets

Is it normal to not have stray pets other than BB? Because I have not seen any stray outside BB.

Comments

• Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Me too. Even I choose lot trait as "dog... something" but still no pets coming other than mine :(
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    :( I hope this not normal. because that would be annoying. And if so, I hope there is a fix on this.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Strays are confined to BB.....they didn't want every world overrun with strays. You can use lot traits to get strays to show up on lots in other worlds. There lot traits for dog/cat owners and then there are lot traits for dog/cat strays.
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    You can call out strays in other neighborhoods and lots by using the lot-traits!
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    You can call out strays in other neighborhoods and lots by using the lot-traits!

I use lot traits but there is no any pets still :(
    If this is working only at the new world then it is not fair! :(( I don't like new world.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    @kitty29041985 I believe those lot traits are supposed to work in the worlds other than Brindleton Bay. If it is not working for you, something may be wrong in your game.

Perhaps, you can try repairing it? Or, just wait a few game-days. Sometimes, it will take a game time to create strays.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd also make sure you're using the right lot trait since there are 2 dog (and cat) related ones. you'll want the one where they're in a box iirc.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    @kitty29041985 I believe those lot traits are supposed to work in the worlds other than Brindleton Bay. If it is not working for you, something may be wrong in your game.

Perhaps, you can try repairing it? Or, just wait a few game-days. Sometimes, it will take a game time to create strays.

My game if fine. Lot trait invited stray dogs, all of them were just staying in a hall in my building and barking. But still none of them walking on the street like in reality. I have 4 other flats in my building and i all of them have pets, but i never see them. Not normal. So means pets not working as suppose to. Pets must be in any district/world.
    If seasons come out is it mean that snow will fall only at the world that was created together with that EP?
    No. I don't think so.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    I played in Newcrest and put the dog lot trait and in like 2-3 sims days a few dogs appeared on my lot. I wanted to adopt a stray one
  • Options
    Nimie wrote: »
    I played in Newcrest and put the dog lot trait and in like 2-3 sims days a few dogs appeared on my lot. I wanted to adopt a stray one

I understand, probably your sims live in the house. But mine in apartment, and stray dogs came to the hall where elevator is :( when I put this trait I was expecting to see them on the street at least...
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Strays are confined to BB.....they didn't want every world overrun with strays. You can use lot traits to get strays to show up on lots in other worlds. There lot traits for dog/cat owners and then there are lot traits for dog/cat strays.

Oh... I did not know this. Well, that sucks. I thought it would have been nice to see strays in San Myshuno or any other world. Anyways, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Oh... I did not know this. Well, that plum. I thought it would have been nice to see strays in San Myshuno or any other world. Anyways, thanks for the info.

I haven't seen strays but I always see animals that are part of households running around the worlds.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

Oh... I did not know this. Well, that plum. I thought it would have been nice to see strays in San Myshuno or any other world. Anyways, thanks for the info.

I haven't seen strays but I always see animals that are part of households running around the worlds.

I never see my next door households pets around. Only when I go to the new world :( Once I did lot trait for stray dogs, but they again are not on the street around. They are coming to my sim's door and stay there, at hallway, doing nothing, just staying.
    And still I didn't see any pets of other households walking them etc in my building area ...
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    alan650111 wrote: »

I never see my next door households pets around. Only when I go to the new world :( Once I did lot trait for stray dogs, but they again are not on the street around. They are coming to my sim's door and stay there, at hallway, doing nothing, just staying.
    And still I didn't see any pets of other households walking them etc in my building area ...

Haven't seen other people's either. To be honest, I'm just glad (more or less) to know that this wasn't a bug. I was worried if it was. It is weird though that we don't see stray outside BB. I don't understand the logic. But it is what it is. >.<'