Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs wont breed

SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
I didn't create the dogs together in cas im not sure if that matters...
but every time my sim suggests they breed the one dog goes up to the other and they do a thing like growling at each other and it shows the opposite dog over each others heads with it crossed out- I don't have a screenshot sorry!- I've tried having them be nice to each other and whatnot but so far nothing has worked and they've both reached elder stage so I aged them down again with the vet treat and still... no go.
I just wanted puppies so I can have a dog that looks like one when they pass away D:
anyone have any tips on how to get them to like each other and breed?

Comments

• Options
    casualverbositycasualverbosity Posts: 8 New Member
    You can use the "Be nice to" interaction under the "Friendly" menu to get the dogs to like each other more. You're also more likely to be successful if you are companions with the animals (I don't know if you need to be companions with both animals or just the one that you encourage to breed). To become companions you need to get your relationship with the animal up quite high (I'd say 85%+), then it will become an option under the "Friendly" menu.
  • Options
    I'm companions with one of them and almost about the same with the other and it hasn't changed anything but i'll try the be nice option for a while see if that does anything~ thank you cx
  • Options
    irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    I had the same issue. I ended up just going into edit mode and made another dog for my house. I then got them to breed.
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    I have tried several times to get my cats to breed. Selected "encourage to" I don't know how many times and it's not happening. Anyone else having that same issue? I thought I read it's pretty common.
  • Options
    so far even having them "be nice to" for a while and then try isn't working so I'll probably make a new dog or try my luck with cats or something
  • Options
    casualverbositycasualverbosity Posts: 8 New Member
    For what it's worth, I had to tell one pair of dogs to be nice to each other probably 10+ times over several sim days before they actually mated. I did notice with my other pair though that it only took probably half as many times. I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that one of them had the friendly trait.
  • Options
    UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    You're probably likely for the dogs to breed if they both have the 'Friendly' trait
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    check to make sure that the sims are of opposite genders-sometimes I forgot to change one to female if the other is male
    6adMCGP.gif