Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Rescue Rags To Riches

I generally do rags to riches type challenges when I play. I don't play that much, I mostly build. With C&D, I knew I didn't want to do the vet career, because I assume it's going to be like the other active careers. I haven't stayed interested enough in any of them to finish.

So I decided to have a Sim operate an pet rescue. She finds stray dogs and cats, gets them spayed/neutered, trains them a bit, then rehomes them.

She is at the very beginning of her challenge, and has just adopted her first pet. I am doing that by advancing her friendship to the point of Ask To Move In, then send the pet to the home.

It's been harder than the other rags to riches I have played, simply because she is also having to attend to the needs of her pets and also has to take them to the vet for illnesses. I'm not sure at this point if she can learn vet skills at home if she buys the equipment?

I'd love to have suggestions of things for her to do.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love playing rags to riches, I hope that you game goes well. I heard the robot vacuum helps when you can afford it. That trashcan that give money will help too. Maybe have a garden to grow things for treats?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    The garden is a good idea. I have only found catnip and madnip so far. I am growing a garden for money, but didn't realize it is used for the treats. I guess i need to spend more time searching Bristol Bay.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited November 2017
    I do the same thing, but with children. My profile sim runs an orphanage connected to a temple. I absolutely love your idea of a pet rescue!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    I think I am going to steal you idea! How cute!

Also to answer your question, you can buy the equipment, both the table and the surgery station, and do it yourself at home :) It will save you money and time.
  • Options
    AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    Great idea. I may have to try something like this in the future. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    well i just got the best ideas from this thread i never thought of making an orphanage or a pet rescue not sure i would like the re-homing part though but i could totally see an orphanage working you take them in and care for them it will be really great with the vampire matriarch game i want to play that just outlives everyone she could save all the children lol

i lost a game to a blue screen (computer issues not game issues) but during that game i was doing a rags to riches also i love when you adopt a pet and get surprized with a hunter who can help by bringing you some really high value gifts
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    what a nice idea, I have seen a lot of strays I like but I just love creating my own pets though none of my households are completely filled I can always get more.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    So you adopt stray pets and then sell then? How good of freinds do you have to be for an move-in option to appear?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    I don't sell them. I originally was going to use the adopt option on the phone (I think there is an option that allows you to adopt out) but I was afraid it would just make the pet disappear. So I got the idea to do it as a Move In option. That way the pet stays in the world.

I just visited a neighbor, struck up a conversation, then cloud gazed a few times. I think the friend bar needs to be about half way.

I think my next move is to get my Sim a spouse or maybe create a subling for her, so she has some help. Now that I know the adoption works that way, she needs to buy a big lot and build a home clinic and training area.
  • Options
    I haven't been taking pictures yet, but here are the first three pets she has rehomed with their new families.

21amxaw.jpg

2vsqlue.jpg

• Options
    AbhjtPlayerAbhjtPlayer Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm running a shelter with twin sisters, Kay & Krystal. I've just finished building and decorating their facility; it's called Tail's End Sanctuary since I built it on the empty lot, Tail's End in Brindleton Bay. The sisters find stray pets and fix them up, giving them basic training, and giving them lots of love and attention. I'm not sure if there is a place to post pets up for adoption on this forum or elsewhere, so I just put them up for adoption in game and have sims in game adopt them!
  • Options
    I had a glitch in one of my pets when I tried to do a transfer in manage world. The poor thing looked like it was part of the household but they couldn't choose her to care for her. I ended up saving the dog and family to my computer. Deleting them in manage world. Then putting them back in their home. This fixed the pooch and now all is well.

So it seems, getting friend level up and using the move in option is better, though more time consuming.