Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Dog is constantly scared....

My large Samoyed is afraid all the time. I'm aware that they have fears and such, but after asking "What's Wrong?" the option to calm him down no longer shows up. Is this happening to anyone else?
Origin ID: Loralahla
My Simblr: loralahla-sims << updated :)
2nar0uv.png

Comments

• Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    I have never seen an option to calm my scared dog down. I get a pop-up saying that he's afraid of something and just needs time to calm down. I don't know what he's afraid of exactly. He gets a thought-bubble of a lampshade over someone's head, that's it. It's mind-boggling, because he stays uncomfortable no matter what lot we are on.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    LoralahlaLoralahla Posts: 214 Member
    An option used to come up for me.
    For example, my dog has a fear of the tv being turned on. At one point, my Sim had a friend over who promptly went over to the couch to watch television. My dog started cowering in the corner. Once asked "What's wrong?" an option came up to calm him down. That doesn't happen anymore. :(
    2nar0uv.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I have never seen that option come up. Have you tried repairing the game? I did and my dog is still uncomfortable.

• Options
    I haven't tried, because I guess I assumed maybe my dog had an abnormal amount of fears? Currently the tv and fridge are being detained in the family inventory, because if I remove either of them..... the dog becomes uncomfortable. lol
    2nar0uv.png
  • Options
    KIttehKattehKIttehKatteh Posts: 144 Member
    My cats seem to be afraid of eachother- two get along, one is afraid of the other, she's happy when I send her out. I had one afraid of a dog I had, I put it up for adoption and she's fine now, but it was a risk and if it wasn't the dog I'm still none the wiser
    gumball_wallpaper_darwin1_800x600.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Yeah I have had the calm down interaction and now it's gone. Dog is afraid of the microwave and computer. Seems silly that we can't help them with the fear.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Loralahla wrote: »
    My large Samoyed is afraid all the time. I'm aware that they have fears and such, but after asking "What's Wrong?" the option to calm him down no longer shows up. Is this happening to anyone else?

Is it possible to post a pic and does your dog have the jumpy trait?
  • Options
    Currently repairing my game, but I'll screenshot a pic once I open it back up.
    My dog is Smart, Loyal and Friendly. Currently afraid of the tv and ...."obsessed"? with the fridge
    2nar0uv.png
  • Options
    My dog is Smart, Loyal and Friendly. Currently afraid of the tv and ...."obsessed"? with the fridge

My dog was friendly too she did this a lot so what I did was make people in the house hold play with her and talk to her and got her a friendly cat now she's only afraid of the toliet. I think the fact she is friendly if she's around strangers it's scary? Lool I'm trying to figure this game out too xD
  • Options
    On a side note the dog could be sick they won't tell you unless it happens for a bit
  • Options

My dog has the same traits as yours and I can’t figure out what he’s afraid of. I think he’s obsessed with the fridge. He stands near it a lot and barks at it and a thought bubble of the fridge pops up. It’s not a negative thought bubble though - so I’m not sure what he’s afraid of. Ughh I’m getting frustrated by him whining all of the time lol.

• Options
    shiso2014shiso2014 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have a question; I'm playing the sims 4 with pets expansion & my sim just asked his pet cat "what's wrong?" since the cat was meowing a lot. When the cat responded it shows a image of someone in a blue shirt, but face is covered by a lamp shade. what exactly does that mean if anybody knows? I tried to screenshot it, but it won't show up.
  • Options
    shiso2014 wrote: »
    I have a question; I'm playing the sims 4 with pets expansion & my sim just asked his pet cat "what's wrong?" since the cat was meowing a lot. When the cat responded it shows a image of someone in a blue shirt, but face is covered by a lamp shade. what exactly does that mean if anybody knows? I tried to screenshot it, but it won't show up.

I think a few of us are still trying to figure this out. I wonder if it’s a bug (the constant fear) or if there’s a fear we just can’t pinpoint yet? Hmm.

• Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

I've got a puppy that's afraid of the TV. When he starts shaking and gets the TV thought bubble over his head, there is an interaction in the menu to "calm down" and it doesn't require me to ask him what's wrong first. So maybe next time look for that before asking what's wrong and see if the option is there.
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    I had to kill the TV too :P
    Poor puppy freaked out and the sims wouldn't stop torturing him by watching TV. So I deleted the TV set. Now they gotta entertain themselves in other ways. He's no longer a fearful pup.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I had to kill the TV too :P
    Poor puppy freaked out and the sims wouldn't stop torturing him by watching TV. So I deleted the TV set. Now they gotta entertain themselves in other ways. He's no longer a fearful pup.

Good thing they've got the puppy, Ay?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimSherriSimSherri Posts: 12 New Member
    Try saving and closing the game completely then reopening. It seemed to work for me
  • Options
    tattybogintattybogin Posts: 2 New Member
    when my dog was scared i had the maid service but when i got rid of the service she stopped being scared
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    There seems to be a bug. Check the bugs section in this forum
  • Options
    Axelrocks1233Axelrocks1233 Posts: 33 Member
    I was having this problem my cat was scared for a few sim days after going to the vet then I tried feeding her the wellness treat and it seems to have made her happy again
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited November 2017
    my dog is obsessed with the refrigerator...and I keep getting the person with a lamp shade over it's head...does anyone know what that mean's?
  • Options
    Axelrocks1233Axelrocks1233 Posts: 33 Member
    > @Axelrocks1233 said:
    > I was having this problem my cat was scared for a few sim days after going to the vet then I tried feeding her the wellness treat and it seems to have made her happy again

does't seemed to have worked for my dog though :(
  • Options
    amberw_05amberw_05 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="shiso2014;c-16149136"]I have a question; I'm playing the sims 4 with pets expansion & my sim just asked his pet cat "what's wrong?" since the cat was meowing a lot. When the cat responded it shows a image of someone in a blue shirt, but face is covered by a lamp shade. what exactly does that mean if anybody knows? I tried to screenshot it, but it won't show up.
    [/quote]
  • Options
    amberw_05amberw_05 Posts: 2 New Member
    The man with the lamp shade over the head is the vet I think because my animals have been afraid of him since I took them to the vet and they all got those shots
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I have this too!!! Its really frustrating me. They are constantly scared. :/