Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anybody ever cancelled a pre-order via the Origin website?

Obviously something has gone very wrong with my pre-order. It's nearly 15 hour since it was released in New Zealand and even though it is in my game library and I have a download link I can't download it, my card hasn't been charged and the Origin web page says it is still being processed which is the same thing it has being saying for the last fortnight. I notice that the order has a cancel link. Does anybody know what will happen if I click on it. Will it cancel the pre-order, will it remove it from game library and most importantly will it allow me start the process over again either by purchasing a physical copy from a store or repurchasing it from Origin?

EA Support have been dreadful.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    MeteorizerMeteorizer Posts: 30 Member
    Don't worry, the exact same thing happened to me. I pre-ordered it, and I had the option to download it, but no matter how many times I tried it would always say "download failed" after about a half hour of trying I checked the pre-order and it still said processing and I hadn't been charged yet, I cancelled the pre-order and just bought the digital copy of origin there and then, I would advise to do the same, don't worry nothing will happen, just click cancel and go back into the origin store and it will give you the option to buy it, did that and it downloaded straight away, hope I helped. :)
  • Options
    NataleeNatalee Posts: 1 New Member
    same thing happened to me except when I canceled the preorder it is still in my library and I am unable to buy it. It is very frustrating.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited June 2019
    Didn't realize this was old. My bad. Also Natalee if this is happening to you now maybe try logging out of Origin then back in again?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion