Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

YA Sim adopted after death !!!0_0!!!

PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
So... Uhm... Where do I even start...
Jacob was having a regular day at work: searching for clues, analyzing evidence and stuff like that until one of his NPC coworkers died after attempting to fix a computer. Andie was Jacob's friend and trainee. His early demise upset Jacob to the core, so Jacob decided to try his luck and plead for Grimmy to let Andi live. After hearing Jacob's pleas Grimmy was not convinced. He replied, "I can't. It's just my job, man, nothing personal. I have a quota to fill". And so Andie passed away. The end.

BUT LOOK!
What is that?
fzUtdJh.png
Turns out dead Andi has been adopted by a real "in world" household because as it turns out Andi has been neglected. A dead young adult NPC has been adopted!
I went to that household. Andie has indeed been added to it. Moreover, Andie apparently came back to life.

The moral of the story is There's a bug in the new patch
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    @SimGuruNick I think you might find this interesting. I found a buggy bug. It's kinda cute, but you need to squish it.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited November 2017
    so grim has become a social worker lol and an odd one at that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, what a lovely bug! It's like...Grim changed his mind! Because he was supposed to live on to fulfill a purpose! And that purpose was to connect with a new family. Do you know if he had a fam prior to "dying"? That would be a bit awkward, then. :blush:

If they fix this, I might be almost as disappointed as when they fixed the "Door Is Ajar" bug. (I can't help it--I just loved that bug, I guess because it was so natural...) So, no doubt they will get right on it. :wink:
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    do you play with mods? i usually only get adoption notices when i have them turned on through mods...so it could be the mod mixing with the new patch causing this glitch.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    Oh, what a lovely bug! It's like...Grim changed his mind! Because he was supposed to live on to fulfill a purpose! And that purpose was to connect with a new family. Do you know if he had a fam prior to "dying"? That would be a bit awkward, then. :blush:

If they fix this, I might be almost as disappointed as when they fixed the "Door Is Ajar" bug. (I can't help it--I just loved that bug, I guess because it was so natural...) So, no doubt they will get right on it. :wink:

Yes, he had both parents and a sister. He's the eldest son of the vintage glamour trailer sims.
    I already moved him back to his original household.
    It must have been really weird for his parents.
    -"Ma'am, unfortunately, your son died at work during an unfortunate accident. We also can't find his body."
    -"What are you talking about? He just came back home."
    -*Silence*
    -*Silence*

• Options
    ambrown wrote: »
    do you play with mods? i usually only get adoption notices when i have them turned on through mods...so it could be the mod mixing with the new patch causing this glitch.

I just recently put some of my mods back in. That includes MCC and a couple of LittleMsSam's mods, none of which deal with adoption settings I believe?

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I just recently put some of my mods back in. That includes MCC and a couple of LittleMsSam's mods, none of which deal with adoption settings I believe?

Do people get adopted out into other families in the game or is that an MCC feature? You might want to check that out.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Adoption is actually a pretty big feature of mcc center
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2017
    MCC controls cause NPC’s to be adopted by other families, not sims itself. So I don’t think this issue is due to the patch!
    Post edited by CoteDAzur on
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    edited November 2017

The moral of the story is There's a bug in the new patch

Always check if there is a problem with mods/cc before jumping on the "EA fix your plum" bandwagon. :)
  • Options
    VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    yeah this seems like an MCC issue not an EA one
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This is definitely a MCC issue and not the actual game.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    MCCC has an option to adopt out babies and children, sounds like that.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited November 2017
    I set adoption as baby to teen, so MCCC allows NPC to adopt neglected sims of the 4 ages. Sounds like a setting in your MCCC mod is weird.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I guess it’s an MCC issue than. I should probably let the creator know. @Deaderpool you’re the creator of MCC right?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I guess it’s an MCC issue than. I should probably let the creator know. @Deaderpool you’re the creator of MCC right?

Post over at the MCCC Discord :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.