Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish that seats could be assigned to party guests.

CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Just as beds can be claimed, I would love it if chairs could be claimed.

I set up a wedding in a really cool venue that I downloaded from the gallery. There's a nice little sweetheart table for the bride and groom, who are renewing their vows as a stage for the groom's announcement to run for governor.

The decor looks nice, the guests all showed up, and they're dressed to the nines. Also, all kinds of drama is about to kick off. Only...

I can't seem to keep the guests from sitting their butts in the chairs that are reserved for the guests of honor! I can't get them out without calling them over (if the option appears) or using a cheat to add them to the family! This time, the daughter's trifling friend sat in the bride's seat. Geez, the least she could do is look happy about it.

Incidentally, they wouldn't sit at all for the actual ceremony.

I've been trying to take pictures of this blankity-blank ceremony/reception for ages. Stuff like this is making it a nightmare of saving, reloading, and trying again. Rinse and repeat.

::disgruntled grumbling, shaking fists at the air::

ETA: Meh, I couldn't get the pictures to post correctly. Whatever.
I3Ml5Om.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,349 Member
    If I absolutely need specific pictures, I add the sims in question to my household and later exit without saving. Afterwards I replay the scene and then save.

That said, I like your suggestion. It would be nice if the party host could buy cardboard place cards from the catalogue that they place on chairs or on the table. Then the player has the host click on the place cards and a sim picker menu comes up. Cards programmed this way would reserve the chair for that particular sim only.
  • Options
    That's an awesome idea.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    It would be nice to plan the wedding before it happens. I never thougt on picking the seats for the guests, but i find this idea amazing.
    pncFLnjBj
  • Options
    Ah, thank you. :)

I sincerely doubt that something like this would ever become a reality. Yet, I had to try. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    It’s sad that we have to go through all of this for a wedding. It’d be nice if it just worked. This is a problem for parties and eating out too.
  • Options
    To be fair, what I'm asking for isn't an issue with something being 'broken'. It's an issue with wanting to make wedding's, and other events, more realistic. Weddings and birthday parties usually have a special place for the guests of honor. However, the game has no way to designate these things. I was hoping that a dev would see this and try to accommodate players because weddings are such a big thing for family players.

I figured, since chair assignment is already a thing in Dine Out, the coding could be re-purposed for party purposes. Unfortunately, the seating in Dine Out has been borked for a while. Sims won't sit at the tables at all until the food comes. Sometimes, not even then. :neutral:
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I wish we could assign chairs in our sims houses as well. I have such a hard time getting all my sims to eat at the dining room table. There are always one or two of them that just want to stand in the kitchen to eat.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    @LiaRose1435, that's actually a cool idea, too. IRL, people do tend to stake out a chair as their own, be it a dining chair or a chair in the living room. It would be a nice touch to see that in game. It would also stop those instances when two Sims want to use a chair at the same time and, ultimately, neither ends up using it because they'd rather eat standing up.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    iiTranscendiiiiTranscendii Posts: 1 New Member
    This definitely needs to happen!
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    This, since I'm actually going to be attending my eldest brothers wedding which is happening within less than a month, we all have assigned seats.

It shouldn't be too hard to code.