Paid the Bills – Vardo Side of Challenge 2
The Mayor has taken notice of your sim and what a good Burner Camper s/he is. The mayor’s power over all of the factions in tentative though, and he needs a sim like yours to help him secure his place at the top – to solidify his ties within the Burner Camp and Acquisition Factions, and to strengthen his hold over the Mutant and Mad Mud Factions. He has grown suspicious of the Cliff Dwellers and wonders why they are having such success in this barren wasteland. He is envious and worried about the rise in power of Mad Mud and his faction -- keeping a watchful eye on their endeavors. He trusts your sim though and wants him/her to roam the desolate lands of all the factions in a sand vardo he had made especially for your household – collecting information, foliage, specimens, and treasures, and experimenting with new plants through splicing and grafting. Your sim will have a base camp where the vardo is stationed. There, your sim will take care of his or her perfect trashplants and grow other species as needed or directed. The vardo is parked above an old cellar wherein your sim will find additional living space while at the base camp. You must kick out the Vardo Brothers and claim the vardo for yourself. The Mayor expects your sim to travel far and wide in search of rare specimens that can bring back to him. He not only wants your sim to travel Murkland and Nukecrest, but he also expects him/her to travel to outer space as well – in a flying space vardo that your sim will build. Additionally, the mayor would strongly urge your sim to start a family as soon as possible as the population of Murkland is so very small. Are you ready to start the many quests that the Mayor has in store?
Please note, you will only be playing your own primary sim throughout this challenge with the exception of cleaning out the other household inventories, checking skill levels general house management like claiming beds and setting up individual clubs, and accessing the other household members once a day by assigning task list, (please note that you can assign as many things as allowed within the one task list allotment -- up to six actions in a queue -- but if the sim does not follow your orders, you cannot go back and re-assign).
You may use reward potions at this time EXCEPT for the Instant Hygiene Potion, which will remain off limits. You can acquire any reward traits for your sim EXCEPT for Carefree.
In a Nutshell:
• Start with only the money that can be made from selling your sim’s inventory (from keeping the furniture) plus $15,000 if you played the gym challenge (the money in reserves at the end of challenge 1 will be used to pay for the vardo)
• Marry one sim and create a full house of sims (5-6 children). You cannot start having children until you have planted 1 cowplant. You can have additional children after the second cowplant is planted
• Add a clone drone to your game (optional).
• Grow two cowplants (must use cowplant berries made from grafting and found in outer space – one each) If a cowplant dies, you have 24 hours to replace it by grafting/splicing or rocket ship. You must pay a $200 fine for every cowplant that dies. Pay that money to charity (you may use the rental computer you use when adopting or one at the CDC or library, or at any home where you are good friends with all the members of the household). If you did the Library Challenge, you may start the challenge with the cheapest computer.
• Grow two grow fruit from normal to perfect level
• Eat 7 trashfruit per week
• Master the pipe organ skill
• Master the rocket skill and travel to outer space and to Sixam
• Collect all alien pets and plants. Plant all alien plants and evolve to perfect level
• Complete the Curator Aspiration
• Complete the Freelance Botanist Aspiration
• Become good friends with all sims in the Acquisition Faction
• Find evidence of alien contact with the Cliff Dwellers and befriend one alien
• Evolve to perfect level all plants that are grown but never plant the deathflower
• Sell 15 Rage Relieving Elixirs
• Go to Puffer Dome with your sim’s spouse every time your sim gets tense (if your sim has a Rage Relieving Elixir in their inventory, they can apply it, and avoid going to Puffer Dome. If they use an elixir it will not count toward the 15 they must sell).
• Your sim must collect 140,000 simoleons in reserves and purchase the Murkland Mercantile Co
• If your sim dies at the Puffer Dome, play the Zombie Challenge