Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Screen Tips are Repetitive

Every time you started your game, travel, or visit an apartment neighbor, I always get the same loading screen tips. I think there is a problem where the latest ones are always used. Ever since new content had been patched in, I never seen any loading screen related to Romantic Garden Stuff, Get Together, etc, and that is quite sad, not on;y because it was repetitive, but also, a variety of tips helps me discover more about the game.

A very good example was in the Get Together expansion pack. There was a tip saying, "Rumor has it that the Von Haunt Estate is hunted", or something like that. I haven't watched any trailers so I got interested in going to Von Haunt Estate. I was surprised when I discovered how beautiful that mansion is, and how well done the ghost are. After that, I always send my sims living Windenburg on that place. That is why we need more variety. I don't want to see the same toddler tips in every loading screen just because they are the latest addition to the game. They need to fix/change this.

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I just wish they'd show something other than that green plumbob swirling around constantly. In the Sims 2, they showed the different vehicles the sims were riding in, whether it be taxis or cars. It made the loading screens much more bearable. I wish they'd add some variety to the loading screens in The Sims 4 to make them more interesting, like maybe a picture of the sim driving or a picture of the map their going through. I feel like the tips have always been asinine, and a little more variety with them would be nice as well.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I agree about including old ones. I miss the one about reticulating splines.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Hah at least your plum bob swirls on your screen! Mine gets stuck sometimes and nothing happens. :# But I miss the older ones too. I liked the interactive loading screen in TS3 but I know it caused problem for a lot of people so I wouldn't want a repeat of that for others. Just that I personally enjoyed it.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have always gotten Vampires tips since I installed that one.

Although I got Get Together, Romantic Garden Stuff and Outdoor Retreat later. So the tips are apparently defined by the newest pack, not the latest installed.

Therefore the obligatory: There are tips for GT, RG and OR!?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Although I got Get Together, Romantic Garden Stuff and Outdoor Retreat later. So the tips are apparently defined by the newest pack, not the latest installed.

Maybe you are right. We really need more variety in thr game, including this one. If the tips are from the latest pack, they really need to change it, because some of it are useful for the player to discover new features

And yes there are tips about GT, RG, and OR. The reason why I discovered the wishing well is the loading screen tips, and it is dissapointing to see that I always saw toddler tips today.
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »

Maybe you are right. We really need more variety in thr game, including this one. If the tips are from the latest pack, they really need to change it, because some of it are useful for the player to discover new features

And yes there are tips about GT, RG, and OR. The reason why I discovered the wishing well is the loading screen tips, and it is dissapointing to see that I always saw toddler tips today.

Is there a list of those tips? I'd love to read them, maybe I didn't discover some stuff yet.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I never saw advice for Parenthood in the loading screen, it's a pity.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Are loading screens not repetitive themselves?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Technically, yes. But they are so repetitive that this behaviour is simply normal by now. The tips however, they change all the time, so when they aren't diverse enough it is noticed.

Only took this thread two days to become philosophical :D
  • Options

A bit late(I don't really quite know how to upload a picture at the forums so this is my first try) But here is what I can find for Get Together and Romantic Garden.

https://imgur.com/EV980e0

https://imgur.com/Ztk4LUD

https://imgur.com/OhL9lLm

https://imgur.com/0J8Jfj8

Those are just some. Its quite sad that they never appear anymore in the game. Especially the hook up one, I really think that not all of the simmers know that it exist, unlike the voodoo doll which is always on the screen.
  • Options

A bit late(I don't really quite know how to upload a picture at the forums so this is my first try) But here is what I can find for Get Together and Romantic Garden.

https://imgur.com/EV980e0

https://imgur.com/Ztk4LUD

https://imgur.com/OhL9lLm

https://imgur.com/0J8Jfj8

Those are just some. Its quite sad that they never appear anymore in the game. Especially the hook up one, I really think that not all of the simmers know that it exist, unlike the voodoo doll which is always on the screen.

Edit- I don't know why it only shows the links but those has the tips. I wish they change the repetitiveness of the tips.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

EV980e0.jpg

Ztk4LUD.png

OhL9lLm.png

0J8Jfj8.png

Fixed :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I think Sims 2 had the best loading screens, I loved seeing the pictures of the family you were playing or the vehicle you were driving in. And it was fun predicting which icon they would highlight. I don't see why Tips are necessary, nobody reads them. It should just be something interesting to look at so waiting for the loading screen isn't so boring.
    A little bit of nostalgia:
    y4mLcheSoWgyjNkZd3eZF_1ocnS3nDcBTrTA44Hg4JpDM7qGFlUIaGweB-4MtX6iGBUA9EWVgLYFD22o-Z1Hg0wCjVoZ39S2u8_F76uKbowFEiRvS13XjsM5AkfAShRaYOXJ1H2eWLh-1lQTWHCtQYWVAzS_vVfKbbIh7_By6JP0sG_XXlrb_HV6uG0bT0f_CO4Ci9iqPvj1g36XSZNZ9zYJA?width=1364&height=768&cropmode=none
  • Options
    MeskenasBoiiMeskenasBoii Posts: 39 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I think Sims 2 had the best loading screens, I loved seeing the pictures of the family you were playing or the vehicle you were driving in. And it was fun predicting which icon they would highlight. I don't see why Tips are necessary, nobody reads them.
    It should just be something interesting to look at so waiting for the loading screen isn't so boring.

A little bit of nostalgia:
    y4mLcheSoWgyjNkZd3eZF_1ocnS3nDcBTrTA44Hg4JpDM7qGFlUIaGweB-4MtX6iGBUA9EWVgLYFD22o-Z1Hg0wCjVoZ39S2u8_F76uKbowFEiRvS13XjsM5AkfAShRaYOXJ1H2eWLh-1lQTWHCtQYWVAzS_vVfKbbIh7_By6JP0sG_XXlrb_HV6uG0bT0f_CO4Ci9iqPvj1g36XSZNZ9zYJA?width=1364&height=768&cropmode=none

Those icons that got highlighted actually were repetitive.