Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Fantasy writing/modelling comp

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @annathefantabulous

That is a great read, Anna. The picture looks great also. :)

• Options
    @TEXASTWANGTONYA

No you are not last, Tonya and I'm not fussed if it takes a couple more days. I know everyone is busy.

• Options
    Feel better soon, my friend :)

• Options
    Take a few more days if you need it people, as long as it's in before Christmas. Everyone is so busy at the moment.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA @sawdust @aussiekarima @annathefantabulous @Bugsie2016 @Movotti

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oh good. Thank you!

I forgot that contact lenses and staring at a screen really don't mix. :p
    My eyes are watering as I write about blood vines.

@annathefantabulous It's ok! I've been making representations of everyone elses characters for the dramatisation of events.

I really should put Trash on the gallery for everyone to torture.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited December 2017
    @annathefantabulous -- Really Enjoyed Reading Your Story!!!!! Love You Implemented Seth / Movotti's Character here And Protected Him... Poor Teagan A Brute LOL LOL And Not So Nice To Katia! Or Katia Doesn't Like Him tooo Much LOL LOL :D:D;) Lovely Editinggggg!
  • Options
    Hey Jen!!! Yes My Anxiety Has Been HORRID!!!!! I Think It's The Time Of Year ( With The Holidays ) Just Happy I Got Mine All Done....... SO Enjoyed Doing The Story & My Edit TOO!!! This IS SO MUCH FUN -- I Love Learning EVEN If I Don't Implement It As I Have Major Comprehension Issues / My Whole Life :/:/;)<3<3@Jendowoz0612

Can't Wait To See YOURS @Movotti <3<3:D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    In School I Was In "Special Education" For Comprehension!!! Period! Not Just Reading - Learning Etc I Think I Had Or Still Do Have ADHD As My Oldest Son Has It...! And They Didn't Know Anything About that years ago! I was always HYPER! :D:D<3<3 Dunno? @Jendowoz0612 The Way I Think Is Like SO SPONTANEOUS TOO ...... Weird Dunno
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Looks great, Tonya, the magic happening around Teagan looks great, but there would be magic going off everywhere with magic users in the group so it would have to be the magic users' magic as generally barbarians are not magic users, but I suppose they could be, usually though, they are the braun. The shot looks fantastic! and your writing re-edit is so much better, Teags... nicely done.

@TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    edited December 2017
    This is Sawdust's write up and picture. Written and edited by @sawdust, 16th December. Picture by Jen.

Assignment 4 - First Encounter - hope the shot is okay, @sawdust
    Q1JUVCs.png

Assignment 4 - First Encounter
    The morning sprang clear and bright in contrast to the knot in my stomach. My dreams had not been pleasant, but they were only dreams, I told myself. As I packed my belongings for the road ahead, I recalled my training and meditated upon the words of comfort I had learned from a young age. It wasn't long before Seth and Safiya came from their respective rooms packed and ready to go. I could hear Teagan outside laughing, with or at Markus I could not be sure, as I saw Markus doing what appeared to be a dance as I passed by the small window heading toward the front door. Katia stood off to one side frantically looking around clearly eager to be rid of the village. We soon formed up and headed out waving goodbye to some villagers as they wished us well on our journey.

We had made good time by cutting across the fields rather than following the winding road that led to Wolfwater and were standing at the beginning of the path by noon. I had spoken to Katia the night before and suggested she speak with the tracker in Beargrim's town to see if we could make it back to the forest path with enough daylight to spare to search for the cave. The path was well trodden but not wide as we made our way into the deepening gloom. Katia took the lead and every now and then would stop and bend down to check something on the ground.
    "What are you finding there Katia?" I enquired as she stood and looked from side to side.
    "Tis strange Ellawyn. There are droppings and spoor as of a dog but not a dog" Katia grimaced. "I do not know what creature this may be but we need to be alert."
    Markus overhead Katia and suggested he scout ahead a little. Before anyone could object he had melted into the gloom of the forest as if he had become just another shadow among many shadows. I signalled to the others to refrain from talking and to keep watch about them as we continued to walk the path.

Soon we found ourselves looking down toward a small clearing and as we approached, the knot in my stomach that had been there on my waking started to reform. I gently touched Katia on the shoulder and when she turned her head, the look in her eyes told me she had the same sense of dread. We both stood still and waited for the others to gather around us.
    "What are we stopping for?" growled Teagan impatiently.
    "We need to plan our approach to the cave" I replied.
    "I have seen tracks and droppings that are like a dog in nature but not like any dog I have seen before." Katia lowered her eyes to the ground. At this Markus returned and informed us the three people he had encountered the night before on his watch had been hiding in the trees ahead of us but had suddenly moved off toward the cave.
    "These three are certainly the Eyeblades you spoke of back at the cottage Ellawyn. We need to be on guard if they are as deadly as you say." Markus looked back over his shoulder.
    "I can help with that" I said planting my staff in the ground. "Two simple spells will help protect and guard you all." I lowered my head and began to chant casting bless and detect evil on my companions. We continued to discuss our plan of appraoch and Seth suggested he imbue our weapons with an enchantment to empower them. It was evident Teagan was steadily growing more impatient with talk. Finally he snapped.
    "Bah, enough! I will take down anything that stands in our way" he roared as he hoisted his mighty sword above his head. Teagan began to pace back and forth along the path, swinging his sword as if fighting an invisible foe until he caught a small branch tearing it from the trunk and hurling into the forest some ten feet distant. As he looked toward the fallen branch a satisfied smile began to spread across his face but was soon gone as a shadowy form sprang from the direction he was looking.

Teagan was large and broad shouldered for an elf belying his quick reflexes. He brought up his sword and dispensed with the intruder as quickly as light destroys the darkness. It was a dire wolf and without any further warning the pack was upon us. I saw Safiya begin to gather a lightning ball in her hands as Katia released arrow after arrow. I pointed my staff toward Katia and cast sanctuary on her then spun around to cast a shield of faith on Teagan as he continued to swing his sword. I could hear Seth off to my left side and turned just in time to see a wolf leap toward him from behind. One of Katia's arrows took down the wolf but not before it had hit Seth and brought him down to the ground. As I moved to protect him I saw a blur fly past me which, proved to be Markus as he lunged his knife into the final wolf that had Darius pinned beneath it.

The fight was over but not without injury. Seth had minor wounds on his arm where the wolf had grabbed him before Katia's arrow killed it and Darius, now back in his human form, had slightly more serious wounds but neither were life threatening. We were fortunate we had begun to prepare for another fight we were expecting further ahead otherwise we may not have fared quite as well. Katia helped me treat the injured by binding wounds with the bandages from my pack as I chanted simple healing spells that would hasten the process. We needed to be fit when we reached the cave as the threat ahead was far worse than a pack of dire wolves.

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Stopping in to say hi and that I am alive .. hope all is well for everyone :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    WOW it looks like lots of us have not been well .. I was down sick for 20 days and then took a small 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with Hubs .. now I am back trying to catch up to life and holiday expectations
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm sorry i'm being late on this. I've had family round for the past few days (non christmas related stuff though) and my writing space has been invaded. :D Hopefully things return to normal soon. :)
  • Options
    no problems @Bugsie2016

• Options
    annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    Bit late to respond, just been losing my mind over holiday stuff lol. But, @Jendowoz0612 thank you so much for the kind words!'

@Movotti Lol, that could be really interesting if you did, it would be funny to see what people came up with for him

And @TEXASTWANGTONYA thank you!! Lol poor Teagan, Katia really isn't that fond of him. He's a bit much for her!

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited December 2017
    ~ Even I wrote that Teagen upset the quietly spoken Katia,his heart is in the right place & he would never let anyone of his friends get hurt,but he is Teagan!
    ~ I love the way we all are moulding our characters in this, & that we are all carrying it through!
    ~ I love this Comp,it is the best one I have ever done,it also is the most challenging, & I love every ones take on this,we are all weaving this story, & as we go forward the stories are coming more together! (And told in our characters own point of view!) LOVE IT!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 -- What I Was Going For With The Magic In PIC Edit Was What Teagan Was Witnessing With The Magic Users Going On Around Him... Yes......... Not Him Doing Magic ;);)<3<3:D:D Catching Up Now On The Thread Just Wanting To Point That Out... Thanks For Liking It All! <3<3<3
  • Options
    ~ Is Movotti Banned? @Movotti
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    I am not sure whether that is what he is using for an avatar or whether he is banned, @aussiekarima

• Options
    ~ I thought cool avatar!LOL!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    I'm back to writing this but i'm stuck on how you plan an attack. (Not something I can say i've written before now, and some crazy plum goes down in my writing :D. ) :# I think that's where I hit the wall when I started writing it last week. :(
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited December 2017
    That's the avatar you get when you're banned. From what I saw it looks a bit harsh but ... ???
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I'm back to writing this but i'm stuck on how you plan an attack. (Not something I can say i've written before now, and some crazy plum goes down in my writing :D. ) :# I think that's where I hit the wall when I started writing it last week. :(

Just talk about how you as a rogue would approach this, using your hiding skills, how you go into the shadows and virtually disappear. Attack from behind by sneaking up, that is what rogues usually do, in fact they can virtually disappear like magic. If you have played a rogue in any RPG games like Dragon Age, you can disappear and then re-appear behind a foe to attack from behind.

As for the orcs and eyeblades guarding the cave, you might suggest going straight past them (other members of our party may not want you to, for safety in numbers) but that is up to you. They cannot see you until you attack or unlock a door or disarm a trap. Only then do you become visible. That is why rogues make such great scouts. Hope this has helped, @Bugsie2016 Also read how the others and I brought your character into the fray to fight, as that should help you as well.

• Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Just talk about how you as a rogue would approach this, using your hiding skills, how you go into the shadows and virtually disappear. Attack from behind by sneaking up, that is what rogues usually do, in fact they can virtually disappear like magic. If you have played a rogue in any RPG games like Dragon Age, you can disappear and then re-appear behind a foe to attack from behind.

As for the orcs and eyeblades guarding the cave, you might suggest going straight past them (other members of our party may not want you to, for safety in numbers) but that is up to you. They cannot see you until you attack or unlock a door or disarm a trap. Only then do you become visible. That is why rogues make such great scouts. Hope this has helped, @Bugsie2016 Also read how the others and I brought your character into the fray to fight, as that should help you as well.

Rogues have hiding skills and can sneak up on people?! I've never played a rogue before so I had no idea that was a thing they could do. I've also never written a rogue before so this a whole new thing for me. Excuse all the questions that may come from this. :)

When I finish I still have a pic to do....that should be...fun (?) as i've not said before but that's been pushing my limits as it's been 100% new to me. :#