Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims 3 run on this laptop?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited September 2017
    @DivinylsFan You see @iagzor said the same thing to you I did just you just want to get rude on me. Enjoy your new computer. I don't think OP needs your bad computer advice as the op already stated they can't run the game on their laptop which we who help in tech already know their laptop will not run the whole game.
  • Options
    Christopher69BChristopher69B Posts: 159 Member
    @DivinylsFan You see @iagzor said the same thing to you I did just you just want to get rude on me. Enjoy your new computer. I don't think OP needs your bad computer advice as the op already stated they can't run the game on their laptop which we who help in tech already know their laptop will not run the whole game.

My laptop does run sims 3 but it is very lag at times, so I’m probably not going to play it until I get a new computer it was even worse when I played in a large custom world made by someone else and when I get a better pc that’s shkukdnt be a problem. This is the one I’ve been looking at the specs seem to be quite good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/192176453517

Intel i7 2600 (3.4/3.8ghz)
    Graphics card: GFX 1050 4GB.
    Ram: 8GB.
    Hard drive: 1/2TB.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

My laptop does run sims 3 but it is very lag at times, so I’m probably not going to play it until I get a new computer it was even worse when I played in a large custom world made by someone else and when I get a better pc that’s shkukdnt be a problem. This is the one I’ve been looking at the specs seem to be quite good.

I know your laptop will lag on a 920m card . It won't run the whole game and if you try, you will eventually run into many game problems and strain your laptop.

That processor on that desktop is very old. Intel is on 7000 maybe even on 8000 series by now. i know they were talking 9000 coming out. All the new processors have DDR 4 ram you need a different motherboard and ram for those. I do not advise buying a New computer with old hardware. If you wanted to upgrade down the line you would have to change your motherboard, ram and processor. Its easier to get a newer processor with an older card. You would just change the power supply and card down the line. Again my advice is to save up if you want an i7 processor and an nvidia card . They are more expensive than AMD
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member

@Christopher69 I've been playing sims 3 on my new computer, which has similar specs to that one, except I have 16 GB ram, on high settings for the past 2 days and it's been GREAT! Mind you though, I don't have pets, supernatural, showtime or into the future, and I don't use player made CC, only EA made, and my own Create a Style variations of those. That probably makes a difference.
    I'm having a glitch with the hospital at Lucky Palms but I think that is to do with the population mod from Nraas. the wifey wouldn't stop popping back in and having another one. I've just performed repair on it, and will see if she delivers normally, if not I'll remove the population mod. Everything before that was spot on. So, if you're looking for just a bit better than what you had, I'd say go for it. It worked for me.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm having a glitch with the hospital at Lucky Palms but I think that is to do with the population mod from Nraas. the wifey wouldn't stop popping back in and having another one. I've just performed repair on it, and will see if she delivers normally, if not I'll remove the population mod.
    I'm not sure which NRaas mod you are referring to, the StoryProgression Population optional add-on module (closest thing to "the population mod" by name that I can think of) does affect genetics but it's not been reported to cause anything like this. One of our mods that we are not allowed to discuss on this forum for other reasons, it begins with a "W," is known to solve the never-ending birth loop bug that still sometimes affects many players' games in case that's any help.

Repair Game on a TS3 installation only attempts to fix the Origin-Launcher tie-in and the way in which the game starts up. It doesn't really affect gameplay files that take hold once the game is actually up and running like its counterpart for TS4 does.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @DivinylsFan Please be respectful to phoebebebe13. She knows what she talking about. One of the most respectable person in this community. Not being mean. I have built more computer than some of the members here have no I am not bragging. A lot of mistakes were made and I learned a lot. Giving bad pc advice is something I really hate. It like going to Job interview and not looking the part of the company that your trying to get a job with. It better to think long term on PCS so you don't have to replace them every year. I built cheap ones all the way to I5. The I5 computers do well and last up to 5 years if your lucky.
  • Options
    @james64468 I don't know what you're talking about. If my computer is similar and I've just been playing it the past 2 days very happily, then what's the problem? Sure, I have my eye on a super duper computer down the line when I finish my diploma and have a good job, in a year, but in the meantime, a step up from what I had was excellent! Otherwise I wouldn't've been playing at all, for another year. A happy medium. And it sounds like that is the situation for Christopher up there, he's already said he can't afford more, that he just wants it to be better than what he's got. What on Earth is wrong with that?
    @igazor it's just happened again after I tweaked the settings for that mod, it's never happened before when I didn't have that mod. So I reckon that might be it. I thought maybe the hospital lot was bugged but I've played in Lucky Palms before with no prob. I'll remove the mod and see if it fixes it, if it does, then that was it. I'll let you know.
  • Options
    @DivinylsFan A lot. I am a poor person and I am stating not buy cheap computer stuff. That might shock you. I saved up to buy my computer stuff. It made big difference in my gaming experience. It called value. You get what you put in. If a person can save 121 in 6 months that 726 dollars or whatever currency they have. Just gotta be willing to shop for deals.
  • Options
    that is 6 months, in the meantime should someone not play at all? Sorry, but that's all I have to say about that.

@igazor removing the mod didn't fix it. I'm thinking it came with the download version. I had disk before, which I lent to my brother who lives the other side of the metro. I don't really want to add another mod. I will look it up anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Since there is no such thing as an NRaas population mod, you did leave me still guessing as to what we are even talking about. The SP Population add-on module or something else?

The birthing loop glitch has been around since forever, it is not specific to the Origin version of the game. One of the patches somewhere along the line makes it strike much less often than it reportedly once did, but it still does happen. Another option if we are talking about a member of the active household is to make the sim have her baby at home and see if that plays out any differently; that wouldn't really be possible to arrange for an inactive town resident by simple player command though and the glitch in that case is known to be game-breaking.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    yes the SP add on population mod @igazor
    yeah I tried having her have it at home, no joy, it's Marisol Loera and my CAS sim. Maybe she is bugged.
    Iv'e downloaded W, but I've no idea what to do with it and aren't interested in the other things it offers. Maybe I'll start a new game in a new world and see if it happens again. A shame because he went through university and it'll be a waste of 2 days play. And my holiday. I go back to technical college next week and won't have time for play til Christmas.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @DivinylsFan Digital vs disk is the same game. Glitches can happen at any time no matter how the game is installed.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

I know your laptop will lag on a 920m card . It won't run the whole game and if you try, you will eventually run into many game problems and strain your laptop.

That processor on that desktop is very old. Intel is on 7000 maybe even on 8000 series by now. i know they were talking 9000 coming out. All the new processors have DDR 4 ram you need a different motherboard and ram for those. I do not advise buying a New computer with old hardware. If you wanted to upgrade down the line you would have to change your motherboard, ram and processor. Its easier to get a newer processor with an older card. You would just change the power supply and card down the line. Again my advice is to save up if you want an i7 processor and an nvidia card . They are more expensive than AMD

I’m going with a laptop now instead of a pc since I’m very limited to space to put a desk for a desktop. I’m looking to get at least a i5 7300HQ Cause I wanna be able to run other games, and at least a GFX 1050 Graphics card.
  • Options
    @Christopher69B Please consider getting a laptop cooling pad. If heat becomes a problem. Sometimes laptops have a hard time dealing with heat. It should be okay.
  • Options

I’m going with a laptop now instead of a pc since I’m very limited to space to put a desk for a desktop. I’m looking to get at least a i5 7300HQ Cause I wanna be able to run other games, and at least a GFX 1050 Graphics card.

The i5 is fine for the sims but you may need the i7 if playing heavier games like GTA . I would also buy at least 1050 ti or 1060 if your playing GTA
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 thanks, it's never happened to me before. I'll try it with disks when I get them back off my brother, my son's going over there soon, he'll grab em. Maybe it'll make a difference. If not, I'll just keep plugging away. Been enjoying a new game today, but I have to prepare for TAFE soon. Only today left for play for a while. Igazor said about the W mod helps, but I don't want the other things it offers.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If the disc version of the game behaves any differently in this or any other important regard, it would be a total coincidence (although admittedly a happy one). Sent a PM explaining more about the other mod and how it doesn't necessarily add the unwanted features.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

The i5 is fine for the sims but you may need the i7 if playing heavier games like GTA . I would also buy at least 1050 ti or 1060 if your playing GTA

I’ve seen a few with the 1050 with at least 2GB video ram for around £800 I might have to pay a little more than my previous budget. With the i5 would Sims 3 run fine? Even in a large world made by someone else? On my current laptop when I tried it there were ridiculous amounts of lag.
  • Options

I’ve seen a few with the 1050 with at least 2GB video ram for around £800 I might have to pay a little more than my previous budget. With the i5 would Sims 3 run fine? Even in a large world made by someone else? On my current laptop when I tried it there were ridiculous amounts of lag.

an i5 quad with a GTX 1050 2gb vram card will be fine for TS3.
  • Options

The i5 quad is the ones I’ve mostly been looking at have seen a few with i7 quad but they are over £1000. Would it also be able to play on higher settings? Im not sure if higher settings will make any difference.
  • Options

The i5 quad is the ones I’ve mostly been looking at have seen a few with i7 quad but they are over £1000. Would it also be able to play on higher settings? Im not sure if higher settings will make any difference.

The new i5 quad pared with a 1050 card for this game is fine and you should be able to play on high. The i5 will be cheaper than the i7. If you were going to play GTA I would suggest a better video card and processor.
  • Options

The new i5 quad pared with a 1050 card for this game is fine and you should be able to play on high. The i5 will be cheaper than the i7. If you were going to play GTA I would suggest a better video card and processor.

Would it still run alright with the i5 7300HQ & 1050 video card, I only plan to spend a maximum of £800 and I will mostly be using it for sims 3 and sometimes for GTA. I also wanted to ask how long would it take to load sims 3 saves with them specs? Cause on my old laptop it took anywhere up to 40 minutes to load my game save. And there were sometimes crashes and lagging.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Would it still run alright with the i5 7300HQ & 1050 video card, I only plan to spend a maximum of £800 and I will mostly be using it for sims 3 and sometimes for GTA. I also wanted to ask how long would it take to load sims 3 saves with them specs? Cause on my old laptop it took anywhere up to 40 minutes to load my game save. And there were sometimes crashes and lagging.

It will be fine for the sims . As for GTA I dont know how well it will run. As mentioned before GTA is a more powerful game than the sims and I would recommend a more powerful laptop if your going to play GTA

I can not tell you your load times. It depends on the speed of your hard drive. TS3 will load allot quicker if you have an SSD hard drive. It will load in 5 minutes or less however you would need a larger ssd if you want to game on it . 250 gb or higher. 500gb SSD would be better. Your not going to find a laptop in your price range with a larger SSD.
  • Options

It will be fine for the sims . As for GTA I dont know how well it will run. As mentioned before GTA is a more powerful game than the sims and I would recommend a more powerful laptop if your going to play GTA

I can not tell you your load times. It depends on the speed of your hard drive. TS3 will load allot quicker if you have an SSD hard drive. It will load in 5 minutes or less however you would need a larger ssd if you want to game on it . 250 gb or higher. 500gb SSD would be better. Your not going to find a laptop in your price range with a larger SSD.

Most the laptops I’ve seeb have at least 500GB/ 1TB hard drives most of then have been at least 128GB SSD.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Most the laptops I’ve seeb have at least 500GB/ 1TB hard drives most of then have been at least 128GB SSD.

128 gb ssd is just to boot windows quicker. its too small of a hard drive to game on. With the sims 3 you have to leave at least 50 gb on your hard drive free. Also if you only have 128 gb hard drive you would have to redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive ,

I have a 250 gb ssd and it gets used up quickly, I have the sims 3 n it. I have to constantly move files to keep room on my ssd for the sims 3. This is why I say 500 gb SSD would be better though you can get away with 250 gb ssd for the sims 3