Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Enhanced Humans" and Simpocalypse Pack

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
edited March 1 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone! I'm here this time to discuss some other ideas that I've seen mentioned many times in the forums over the last couple of years, and to give some of my own personal suggestions and opinions on how I'd like to see it incorporated. I'd love to see any input that other people have too, so feel free to add to the discussion. :)

Okay...ready?

The Simpocalypse! The time has come when great unknown forces have torn what was once a great city asunder and cracked it open to the very foundations of the earth! As a result, unstable chemicals and planetary toxins, mixed with interstellar substances, have seeped into the water supply! Oh no! And now our unsuspecting sim residents of the area are becoming contaminated and something is happening....they are developing strange and unique abilities!

So, yeah, the idea is to sort of combine the apocalypse concept with the superhero concept. I can't remember if this was suggested already, but that's okay, I really love the idea. So here is a quick rundown of what this kind of pack could contain. (Sorry, trying to do this quickly before I have to get into work. :p )

CAS: Shoddy clothing, messy hair styles, outfits that look dirty and like they've been worn for days. I'd like to see some broken teeth, facial/body scars, and maybe some subtle mutations, phosphorescent eyes, maybe new strange skin tones. It also would include some new "hero" clothing styles, but maybe more in a vigilante way rather than spandex, lol. More hoods and face covers, gloves and boots, clothing with symbols on them. I'm thinking more akin to what we see in in Marvel shows and movies when the hero is just starting out and creates a makeshift uniform. We would also need to cover some villainous outfits as well, but the general idea is to have a grittier CAS selection here. We would also need some new traits, like Heroic, Fearless, Cowardly, Diabolical, and maybe Strong Willed, and also a couple of new Aspirations like Superhero and Supervillain or something that sounds a little more toned down like Vigilante or Nemesis. We should also be able to access the "Alternate Identity" in CAS and customize the two forms like we do with Vampires and Aliens.

Build/Buy: Well...I'd say apocalyptic, run-down, ultra shabby items. New lot traits like "Vulnerable" that cannot be locked or protected from looters (read: Burglars. This would also be a good opportunity to have that "Off the Grid" lot trait as well, to prevent the use of electricity. We could also have steel girders and crumbled walls and roofs with holes in them to be able to build a half-destroyed lot that our sims can still live in. I'd like to see some decorative objects of rubble and broken statues and bent signs and burnt furniture. Yeah!

The New City: This would, of course, look like a fallen city. The map could have a huge fissure cracked across the middle, and some tall piles of rubble, as well as burning areas. Maybe even that old crashed spaceship like we had in Sims 2? It should pose the question of: What happened? Was it an Alien invasion? A secret science experiment that went wrong? Was it an explosion or implosion? Did something fall from the sky? Was it a great earthquake? There would be burnt trees and broken monuments and cracked walkways. Glorious destruction! >:)

The Gameplay: Of course, there are the enhancements powers. Again, using something similar to the Vampire powers system, we could choose a variety of mutant powers and weaknesses. Some would be subtle and simple and some could progress to get stronger. Some would be used for good, some for wickedness. We could also have a new system for heroics and villainy, that would influence autonomous actions and allow us to influence "minions". We'd have to have new "crime" gameplay, which could include the return of the burglar. I'd like to see criminal npcs on the streets that we could choose to nobly stand against or rally to our devious cause. This could also be a great opportunity to bring back zombies with the choice to fight them or lead them. Additionally, there could be new collections in the rubble that our sims could find, and objects that they can use. We could forage for house items that are undamaged. Maybe even a new system to help "rebuild" some areas of the city.

And.... a Fear system! Please, oh please! *Falls to knees. Sobs.*

Anyway, that's all I have time for. I'm sure there are a few things I'm forgetting, but I'll add them on later as needed. Thanks for reading! :)

#TeamSupernatural
#Team Occult
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    ambo1ambo1 Posts: 1 New Member
    That sounds really good. I like all of your ideas - it would be so cool with "minions". I would just really love to try a supernatural that we haven't had before ;-)

I also really like the idea of a superhero academy that was mentioned in the survey a couple of years ago :D
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    It would be cool to see more of the superhero style of supernaturals. And instead of it being a repressed trait until they are teens in some of the sims 3 supernaturals it's apparent at birth. And as toddlers they go through many different random spurts of super powers until they become kids and either the super ability could be inherited or completely random. But can be changed during ages up or new ones can develop for children and teens as their powers 'grow' so they could end up with multiple powers as young adults but I would say no more than two or three, three is kind of pushing it and the two powers have to connected so no fire and ice users, just doesn't make sense. Because if it is an event that causes super powers to develop some people would want to choose the power or want to decide which of their parents powers they developed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top