Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Every Meal!!! (c:

I try and try to make meal time family tie but the game just will not let me. Candy cooks the meal and as she is cooking Shinya is gathering the kids and helps serve their meals. Then him and Candy sit down to have their meal. Well Shinya don't ever get to eat his meal. While Candy is stuffing her face of the yummy goodness she just cooked, Shinya is up and down taking care of the kids. As soon as he sits down to take a bite another one of the kids is screaming to be let out of the high chair. It don't matter if I cancel out the action or not, he still gets up from his meal to let one his kids out the highchair.... LOL well they sure did get that part right when they added toddlers. When you have little ones, eating a hot meal is unheard o...LOL

OjP4qpw.png

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I try and try to make meal time family tie but the game just will not let me. Candy cooks the meal and as she is cooking Shinya is gathering the kids and helps serve their meals. Then him and Candy sit down to have their meal. Well Shinya don't ever get to eat his meal. While Candy is stuffing her face of the yummy goodness she just cooked, Shinya is up and down taking care of the kids. As soon as he sits down to take a bite another one of the kids is screaming to be let out of the high chair. It don't matter if I cancel out the action or not, he still gets up from his meal to let one his kids out the highchair.... LOL well they sure did get that part right when they added toddlers. When you have little ones, eating a hot meal is unheard o...LOL

OjP4qpw.png

have you tried just putting the food on the table, and have the kids take their own plate? set those little toddler/child sized chairs in the kitchen, and they'll crawl on those to eat, while your parent sims get to eat together.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

OjP4qpw.png

:s Just don't use high chairs :) , in place of your high chairs just place teddy bear chairs, and put the toddler's plate on the table they will take one from the serving dish, just like you do, and go sit in the chair and eat. put the food where they can reach it easily, also you can direct them to take a plate. when they are done they will go play, you can direct them to go potty after or play. your wife could just precook the meal so it will be ready. so all the family can eat together, lol I hope hahaha

** (a note about the high chairs, you need one on the lot, so hide it in the attic or someplace no one can get to, not even you. the basement with no doors is good or no steps lol, that way you can still get them toddler food,) No high chairs make for a happy eating time for toddlers they just talk and talk it's so cute. (after you hide the high chair, and you go to the fridge to get the toddlers like milk, your Sim will complain and return it to the fridge, but that's ok you can just get it out and put it on the table for the toddlers.)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I know.. But my biggest problem is when I finally manage to put my toddler in his chair after placing the food there, someone else is there to pick him up.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    What I have noticed with the toddlers is, they are little freaking punks. Lol
    I used to keep high chairs in the house so they could eat but every time the parents make them food they'd start crying because they didn't want to be in the high chair then reach out begging the parent to let them out or they'd knock the plate off. (My daughter is the same way but far worse. Lol).
    I ended up giving up on the high chairs. So what I typically do is have the sims make meals and put them on the counter tops or table tops so if the toddler gets hungry they can grab a plate then put the left overs in the fridge.
    Also keep pop corn in the popper. The toddlers will grab a bowl when they get hungry if they are up before the parents.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    A lot of people don't use highchairs anymore because they won't leave the toddlers alone. Serve a big meal and let the toddlers pick it up themselves, you can make a couch place next to the dining table to they can sit there.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hmm, when I have family dinners I have the high-chair joint with the dining table. for me it's easy for my sims to leave my toddlers crying in the high-chair too, it's a great place for time out. Maybe it's how I have autonomy set, (off for selected sim)
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    certainly true to life I've baby sat a few children they hate their high chairs until they become foodies then they're completely fine because highchair means food time lol. The only thing I don't like is that super power to call their parents. I mean they could really sit in the highchair long enough for another sibling to be put in theirs. Mmhmm
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Just cook the meal or take the leftovers out of the fridge and have them all get their own servings, its the easiest way to have a family meal without a sim constantly getting up to get a toddler. I don't use the high chairs anymore, because its always an issue.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Oh it's all good and it fits extremely well into the storyline I am playing out. But I will keep those suggestions in mind for when it don't fit. Just trying to get the right screen shot is hard enough...LOL. Guess I will dig around in the animations and stage it...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Don't use the high chairs, they are the spawn of Satan.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I like the high chairs so much for their look and realism but it's so annoying that everyone constantly swarms towards them to pick up toddlers that just have gotten their meal or that just have been placed down there by another sim. And you can't even cancel out the action! This currently drives me mad in my foster challenge, I really would like to use the high chairs but apparently, that's not possible without my sims running to care for toddlers that don't need their care at all at the moment.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Why do you need the highchair @Stormsview?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

You need it to click on the fridge to get toddlers their drinks, or anything directed to toddlers by their name. Like their apple juice in a sippy cup.
    Would be good if you tested that, with and without the chair on the lot. I know with a patch, parents can eat kids food. but not the drinks.
    You can feed them but if you click on the fridge toddler food and drinks will be grayed out. and toddler coolers do not have them. a patch would be good so we could get toddlers a drink from their own coolers.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

You need it to click on the fridge to get toddlers their drinks, or anything directed to toddlers by their name. Like their apple juice in a sippy cup.
    Would be good if you tested that, with and without the chair on the lot. I know with a patch, parents can eat kids food. but not the drinks.
    You can feed them but if you click on the fridge toddler food and drinks will be grayed out. and toddler coolers do not have them. a patch would be good so we could get toddlers a drink from their own coolers.

I thought I saw the juices an option but I guess I was mistaken. I never give my tots the sippy cup.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »

I thought I saw the juices an option but I guess I was mistaken. I never give my tots the sippy cup.

do your toddlers drink from and adult size cup or juice? Oh, give them the sippy cup they love it, apple juice, milk, water. they drink it just like real toddlers do. very cute.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I've resorted to having some of the dining chairs against the wall. Or, on the patio, I have one of those benches nearby for the toddler(s). The high chair is buggy, at best. I do keep one on the premises and sometimes it gets used, but still, I've found it far easier on my Sims, toddlers and myself to let toddler help themselves. I finally did get a bear chair to place in the corner of the kitchen, just yesterday. I did a renovation of the kitchen. Not new cabinets, but I, more or less, flipped the kitchen around, which left a space for said bear chair.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Oh, so he hasn't found out in your story line yet that the Nanny is the father? Or someone like that... I remember reading something about another sim being the father... After reading that I thought like in a soap it was going to be coming out shortly after and creating some real drama in that relationship :lol:
    Poor Shinya having to play a real tough father role of children who are in truth that of another... I guess even with all of his cheating, in the end, really Candy herself, has the last laugh, and the one who laughs last, particularly in this situation laughs best, for sure!!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg