Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about aging down a sim in cas?

If I create a ya in cas then age him down to child or teen, when he ages to ya during game play will he look like the ya I created initially?

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Yes .
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes.... :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Yes he will. But be careful when aging them in cas. Sometimes they'll be bugged. For example a child may have still his job instead of school. Aging up to elder and the elder will immediately die. Teens and older that aged directly from toddlers may still have that toddler wonky walk occasionally which looks totally weird because their hidden traits of being a toddler stays the same.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    @Toreshinbo , I think it depends on whether you're in CAS first go-around, versus, taking them into cas.fulleditmode after you've played them for a time. Either way I've never had a problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Thanks. It will be new Sims I'm making in CAS. I want them to look a certain way as adults but I want to start playing them at younger ages.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    [quote="GalacticGal;c-16020594"]@Toreshinbo , I think it depends on whether you're in CAS first go-around, versus, taking them into cas.fulleditmode after you've played them for a time. Either way I've never had a problem.[/quote]

I have the same question as well but in my case, I'm thinking of aging down my current sims, which I've played for some considerable time. I originally started them at the young adult stage, and my concern was, if I age them down to toddlers and basically restart them, it's very important to me that their YA physical features and voices are the same original ones I selected?

My plan is to start a new save with my sims as toddlers so hopefully they won't be any bugs?

I'm curious to hear other's experience with this!
  • Options
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    If I create a ya in cas then age him down to child or teen, when he ages to ya during game play will he look like the ya I created initially?

Oh, absolutely, yes. I learned that trick way back in Sims2. A friend told me to create the look I wanted and then age the Sim down. You can always double-check and raise the toddler back to YA to be certain.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @Toreshinbo , I think it depends on whether you're in CAS first go-around, versus, taking them into cas.fulleditmode after you've played them for a time. Either way I've never had a problem.

I have the same question as well but in my case, I'm thinking of aging down my current sims, which I've played for some considerable time. I originally started them at the young adult stage, and my concern was, if I age them down to toddlers and basically restart them, it's very important to me that their YA physical features and voices are the same original ones I selected?

My plan is to start a new save with my sims as toddlers so hopefully they won't be any bugs?

I'm curious to hear other's experience with this!

I've done this. I had started my rotation game save with the eldest two or three kids (depending on the household) as teens. I got only so far when BOOM Parenthood dropped. After playing it for awhile, I discovered the child Sims in those two households were grasping the Values far easier than my teens were. So, I started over. Again. This time (since I keep this family in My Library), I aged down the teens to children and the child to toddler. It was wild and crazy but I had a great time! And, yes, everybody looked the same when they aged up. No worries. Not only that but I accomplished my goal of turning the eldest two kids in both families into Sims who had those Values fully instilled in them. :)
  • Options
    That's great to hear, and thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to this actually. I normally don't play with toddlers/kids, but since these will be my 'precious' sims, I think I will have a lot of fun with them. They will be the new and improved 2.0 versions!
  • Options
    So, I didn't realize that by aging down my sims to toddlers, even on a new save, that their reward traits would transfer over. I was starting to wonder how my toddler is still all in the green while her parents were struggling to remain on their feet, with most of their needs in the yellow. I checked my toddler's traits and she has steel bladder, never weary, carefree, etc......lol. I was starting to think this is one super toddler! And not even one outburst or tantrum when she had the clingy trait!

This feels too much like cheating so I would either have to start over or find some way to remove the reward traits. Is there a way to do remove the traits?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ha, i did this when toddlers first came out. every teen and child in my game suddenly became toddlers so they could suffer through that step. and thankfully, as others have said, they do indeed look just like they used to once aged back up. i still do this occasionally with townies. particularly, have aged several child townies down to toddler so that my handful of toddler sims have others of their age to play with

also, as for removing traits, there's a cheat for it. though you'll have to enter it individually for each trait to remove. link to it and more here: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/

(gonna be a bit of searching there. 'cause that has a lot of cheats listed, and explains the different ways to access them)
  • Options
    Thanks for that link, kalaksed. Didn't realize there were so many cheats!
  • Options
    So, I didn't realize that by aging down my sims to toddlers, even on a new save, that their reward traits would transfer over. I was starting to wonder how my toddler is still all in the green while her parents were struggling to remain on their feet, with most of their needs in the yellow. I checked my toddler's traits and she has steel bladder, never weary, carefree, etc......lol. I was starting to think this is one super toddler! And not even one outburst or tantrum when she had the clingy trait!

This feels too much like cheating so I would either have to start over or find some way to remove the reward traits. Is there a way to do remove the traits?

Do you have a copy of this family of Sims in your library? That's what I did. I didn't take Sims that had already been played, per se, but rather the cloned copy you make in CAS. That way they don't have any rewards to carry with them into the 'new' game. Try that, instead.
  • Options
    Happily, I do! I didn't expect the traits to transfer over so I aged down the most current versions of my sims. I found their earliest versions, before I started to play them. I suppose I could have cloned them too, but they wouldn't be the same in my mind. Thx!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I've done this by saving my YA sims to the library and creating a new save for it, that way if anything were to go wrong it won't affect my main save. Aging them down shouldn't change their appearance when they age up again. They even keep the satisfaction points and reward traits from another save.
  • Options
    OneCrazySimmerOneCrazySimmer Posts: 13 New Member
    Be careful tho lol. I've seen others add minor problems with aging up/down and I wanted to add mine. I aged a toddler up to child in cas while the toddler had a sad moodlet (Due to a toddler trait) and all throughout childhood she had a permanent sad moodlet.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2018
    It also aplies to sims born in-game?

I mean, my sim had twins than now are teen.
    If at CAS I age down to child and save at gallery, at other save when grow to teen will look as at the first save?
  • Options
    I have another question that I hope someone could help with. I don't think I'm able to start my own posts yet, so hopefully this will do. As I mentioned previously, I aged down my young adult sims to toddlers in hopes of getting the character values traits. They are now in their teens, and their character values are maxed, with grades A in school. I play with aging off and was wondering if there's any benefit to keeping them as teens for a longer time? Some of the character values were a pain to max out, and don't want to risk their values dropping down again. Unless I'm mistaken, the teen aspirations are the same as adults, so would I be missing anything if I age them up?

Thanks!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have another question that I hope someone could help with. I don't think I'm able to start my own posts yet, so hopefully this will do. As I mentioned previously, I aged down my young adult sims to toddlers in hopes of getting the character values traits. They are now in their teens, and their character values are maxed, with grades A in school. I play with aging off and was wondering if there's any benefit to keeping them as teens for a longer time? Some of the character values were a pain to max out, and don't want to risk their values dropping down again. Unless I'm mistaken, the teen aspirations are the same as adults, so would I be missing anything if I age them up?

Thanks!

You're not missing anything with everything you said there. :) All the teen aspirations are just adult ones and you can keep right on continuing them as adults. The character values however will still continue to change if you intend to keep them as Teens longer, best age them up now while you're sure they'll get all the character values upon aging up!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

Thanks!

You're not missing anything with everything you said there. :) All the teen aspirations are just adult ones and you can keep right on continuing them as adults. The character values however will still continue to change if you intend to keep them as Teens longer, best age them up now while you're sure they'll get all the character values upon aging up!

Great to know, thanks! I just realized that I can post my own questions now, so literally just finished posting before I saw your reply :)
  • Options

Thanks!

It's too bad too that character values can't be locked in. I wouldn't have minded keeping my sims as teens for a longer time, but I'm just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about keeping those values maxed out. They're such a pain, lol!