Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children having friends over

I guess I don't play with kids enough and rush them through childhood or I would have asked this before. Ursula Ursine asked Sandi French to come over and play one Sunday. It got near dinner time and Sandi was still hanging around even though Ursula was tired after a long day of hopscotch, tag, video games and chess. When Ursula tried to tell Sandi to go home she didn't have the option. Claire had to come downstairs and tell Sandi to leave. Is this intentional in the game or some bug?

When I was a kid I may not have been allowed to tell an adult to leave, but I am pretty sure I was capable of telling my friends to go away.

Comments

• Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hi.

Yes. This is done intentionally by the game. An older Sim (teen-elder) can ask them to leave. Although, when the clock nears 10pm they will leave on their own.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Well that is just a bummer. I haven't met a sim yet that recognizes when they have worn out their welcome. Dense, they are. :|
  • Options
    I strongly dislike the double standard visitors have. A Sim can visit your house, open your fridge, eat your food, climb in your bed to nap (no inappropriate trait needed). Yet, if you tried to do the very same thing while visiting another Sim, you would be all kinds of rude. Why, it is even considered rude if you spend the night at another Sim's home and a) make the bed in the morning or b) take a bath. I don't know who thought those lovely gems up. :/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's quite easy to stop that from happening though: the inappropriate in a good way LTR.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It's quite easy to stop that from happening though: the inappropriate in a good way LTR.

Thats one of the first ones I get, next to observant one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    budewarmin wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Thats one of the first ones I get, next to observant one.
    For me the second, after steel bladder. Gotta have that steel bladder before anything else :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    My first few are: 1. Steel Bladder 2. Simunity 3. Observant 4. Inappropriate in a Good Way
  • Options
    It depends on the age of the Sim for me, and what they are focused on doing. If I have a child or teen with enough points I will get them Multi-tasking before Steel Bladder. And I don't know why, but lately my sims seem to go much longer without needing a potty break, so it has not been urgent for me to give them that reward. Shipwrecked sims get Lungs of Steel first, Adventurers get Prepared Traveler first, and my homeless dumpster divers get Simmunity first. Other sims may get Opportunistic. Then something like 2)Steel Bladder 3) Observant 4) Antiseptic 5) Profession Helping Trait.
  • Options
    @1need4kaffee - My apologies, turns out I was wrong. I just discovered children can ask Sims to leave. I discovered this just a little while ago (about 30minutes ago). Severe Drama broke out in my game, the kind which if it happened in real life several police officers would be called to the scene. It was just that bad.

Anyhow, my child Sim (Claire) became very uncomfortable with what had happened. I had Claire chosen when I clicked on the troublemaker and discovered she now had the option to ask not only him but all visitors to leave the house. I was blown away. I took video of before and after. It seems when there is trouble kids can ask Sims to leave but, when things are calm or normal they can't.

Well, well, I learned something new :)!

BTW, I am playing pure Base Game with No updates so this interaction is there naturally.

Video:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/66682158@N03/36740310530/in/album-72157686414992724/

Calm - Interaction options under normal circumstances

Leave - Interaction options when trouble is near
  • Options
    @mw1525 That is very interesting! I will keep a lookout for such an opportunity in my game. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Well that is just a bummer. I haven't met a sim yet that recognizes when they have worn out their welcome. Dense, they are. :|

No, they don't know when to leave. I regularly have sims I invite stay well into the early morning, 2-4am, before they realize everyone is asleep and it'd be a good time to go home.