Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One parent missing, in game and in family tree

Not sure if this can be fixed or not, but know this is the place to ask. OK, in my rebooted Sunset Valley, Bella Bachelor has.... shall we say... a wandering eye. She went to one of the seasonal festivals in the park and had an autonomous fling with a random Sim that I'd never seen before, so I think he was an NPC, young adult named Homer something, don't remember his last name. She got pregnant from this little adventure and a few Sim days later she gave birth to a lovely baby girl, but the father doesn't show as her parent in her family tree; only Bella is shown as a parent.

How can I find and/or reattach this guy as little Penelope's father? I have many Nraas mods including Master Controller, Overwatch, and others. Can't find him through anything like "attach parent" in MC, "manage the dead" (I looked to see if he was in the list of deceased Sims), or anything else I can think of. I know she's not Bella's clone, as she's older now and looks similar to Bella but also different. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    If the father was homeless and had no ongoing assignment or other reason to be in the game, he may have been "cleaned up" out of the game by the game itself, Overwatch (if you have its Cleanup the Homeless setting on) or StoryProgression (if you have its Manage the Homeless option on). Perhaps he was a festival booth worker and found himself unassigned during a change of seasons?

If the father was actually a resident with a household of his own who just happened to be visiting the festival lot at the time and you are not using NRaas StoryProgression to protect against emigration ("culling"), or have switched active households and back again without such protection in place, then it would be the case that the game got rid of him.

Regardless though, if you can't reach him with a MasterController Reset Sim or the testingcheatsenabled kind (though you would have to know his full name in order to type it out for the latter), there wouldn't be any way to get him back short of reverting to a save from around the time your sim was impregnated and re-playing all of this a different way.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Thanks. I think he was probably homeless and got "cleaned up." Hanging around the festival, being reckless ... oh Bella.