Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty Worlds of all generated sims?

Is there any way to completely remove all randomly generated Sims from a world with Nraas? (I've tried Register but they still swarm the world) it's because I'm starting a very unique save and it is to be entirely populated by only Sims that I create due to their all very unique design choices.

And as such, I really don't want things like Newspapers, social services (especially since quite a few will be eternal children) bills, all that which detract from the world.

I'm also for a way of emptying a world of all SIms and lots prior to making the world so I don't have to deal with the issue of removing it all manually.

All help is appreciated.
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There are some emptied EA worlds available at MTS. There are also many empty CC worlds you can start with. If you can get CAW working there are CAW files for EA worlds on the cawster site, most (or all) come unpopulated and many have versions stripped down to just the roads. I guess you'd need to add lots and export. I haven't done much in CAW myself. I did try modifying the Oasis Landing files, but didn't get anywhere with that project.

NRaas MasterController has a Total Annihilation command which can be use to empty the world of all sims, but requires you to be in Live mode (thus playing at least one sim).

I don't know of a way to prevent the game from generating service sims. Perhaps @igazor knows if a NRaas mod can do that. I believe you can use MC to designate your own though (click on the sim>NRaas>MasterController>Advanced>Set Service). You can use Register to cap service sim pools, and designate the sim for each role object (if you have any in the world).
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    1. here is a nraas cheat "total anihilation".
    2. no rabbitholes - no colleagues the game assigns
    3. turn off story progression
    4. maybe there is a mod for unabling some services?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi there. At the risk of repeating some of what has already been said, newly arriving residents, Role Sims, and Service Sims are three different things and must be addressed very differently from each other once you have emptied out the world and placed your own sims in it.

(1) To prevent newly arriving residents (resident immigration) already in households of their own, you either need to not have any housing available or suitable for them to move into and/or use NRaas StoryProgression to control/disallow this. SP can also be used to finely control where the genetics of newly arriving immigrants are pulled from for those who want to go this route (SP Population module and some fancy settings changes required) but it sounds like you don't really want this kind of immigration at all.

(2) Role Sims are sims assigned to role giving objects in town, such as cash registers, bouncer ropes, bars, stylist and tattoo stations, Seasons festival lot booths. Register immigration controls the spawning of new homeless NPC sims to take up these assignments, and that is all that setting controls. There are also some special Global Role Sims in the game that float throughout the town and don't really have objects associated with them. Examples would be the Paparazzi, Uni Mascots, I think the Science Nerd, and WA Special Merchants. Register can control those and allow manual assignments as well. Note that Role Sims can always be either residents in their own proper households or homeless NPCs and Register allows control over which are used or if it's to be a combination.

If Register Immigration is off and there aren't any residents available to staff a role giving object, or if you have that one off as well, then the object will remain unstaffed and you will keep getting failure notices about it unless you assign a sim to that position yourself on the object's own Register menu or switch off the Failure notices in Register generally.

(3) Service Sims are the tricky ones. These are sims that are (usually) sent to your sim's house to perform their service such as maids, butlers, mail/pizza delivery, babysitters, social workers, repo sims. The grim reaper, time traveler, and stray animals are special cases. You can use Register to tighten up the service pools a bit and you can try to assign sims of your own making to these slots, but that rarely works for very long at least for some of them. There is no way to stop the spawning of new Service Sims when the game thinks they are needed and if you allow them to age, then they will eventually age out of their assignments and new ones will be called for.

What we can do instead is use SP's settings to gate where the genetics for game-generated Service Sims come from. The same can be done for Roommates if you play with those. If you seed your household bin with sims of your making, then SP can be set to pull their genetics exclusively from these. Again, the SP Population add-on module is required.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Lots > Options:Immigration/Emigration (this is where the settings are for resident immigration)
    The Immigration Gauge must be set to >0 in order to see and change the options but if you want no such immigration, may as well leave it at 0.

NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Sims> Options:Immigration/Emigration (this is where the settings are for Service Sim and Roommate creation)
    On this menu:
    -- Replace Service Sims (and Roommates if you want these) with Immigrants must be set to True.
    -- If you have seeded your household bin appropriately, then set Chance of Bin Offspring to 100 and Chance of Random Offspring to 0.
    --Immigration Disallow Bin by House will allow you to exempt any particular households you have in the household bin from being used if you have some of them there for storage, not for their genetics to be used.
    -- Then set Equal Chance to All Bin Sims to True.

The other settings on the General Options > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration menu can then be adjusted as desired.

For those not using the NRaas StoryProgression mod in the first place, I'm afraid that as far as I know there is no way to exercise such control over incoming Service Sims unless you can get AwesomeMod to do this.

(4) Note that that some additional homeless sims will be generated by the game no matter what you do. If you have Showtime and places like parks where they would like to hang out in your world, then homeless street performers will be spawned. The game will also spawn homeless (commuting) sims to act as bosses and co-workers for other sims in rabbit hole careers if there aren't enough residents to fill these slots. These can both be controlled a little by other SP settings, but some of them are going to sneak in occasionally.

(5) And then finally there is a class of sims over which we have no control, we can barely see them and we can't really do much with who they are or what they look like. These would include taxi, car pool, school bus, limo, and food/ice cream truck drivers.

Does any of that help at all? :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net