Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did You Already Know?

StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Solar Eclipse: August 21, 2017
last time there was one was in 1918
Some hotels are changing their prices, to 1000$ US dollars per night.
this after they drop your reservation.

Did you already know?
https://youtu.be/xlr8xlStHyY
Solar Eclipse 2017: August 21, 2017, could paralyze America
https://youtu.be/gc1OFId5V3A
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    That's not true.
    There was a total solar eclipse in march last year, and an annular solar eclipse in september.
    Total solar eclipses happen close to yearly.
    After the one this year, the next one will be in july 2019, then on in dec 2020, one in dec 2021, then april 2023.

Unless you mean specifically, one in north america, in which case, why didn't you specify that?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    That's not true.
    There was a total solar eclipse in march last year, and an annular solar eclipse in september.
    After the one this year, the next one will be in july 2019, then on in dec 2020, one in dec 2021, then april 2023.

Unless you mean specifically, one in north america, in which case, why didn't you specify that?

@Movotti I was going to say that! I swore there was one a few years back; BBC 1 had astrology stuff on all day, and I remember we were supposed to be revising for exams, but we were watching the eclipse instead! xD

Just searched it, and Wikipedia said the most recent visible eclipse in the UK was 20th March 2015, which makes sense.
  • Options

No Duh! Watch the video, you read the headline only? that's just to get your attention ..... same one our new used lol.
    That's not true.

Watch the video Duh! you read the headline only?
    That's not true.

Sorry I never thought people would be in such a rush to comment that they would not look at the video first..
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member

No Duh! Watch the video, you read the headline only? that's just to get your attention ..... same one our new used lol.
    That's not true.

That's not true.

Sorry I never thought people would be in such a rush to comment that they would not look at the video first..
    Reading takes TIME though, and this is the internet! I can't sit and watch 11 minutes of video; there's so many other things I could be doing! That's what TL;DRs are for! xD

(I'm being sarcastic please don't hate me)
  • Options

That's not true.

That's not true.

Reading takes TIME though, and this is the internet! I can't sit and watch 11 minutes of video; there's so many other things I could be doing! That's what TL;DRs are for! xD

(I'm being sarcastic please don't hate me)

lol, you not only watched the video you time it. Ok, no one would time a video on first watching the vedio. only after the first time, they go back and time it. So I am happy you enjoyed it.

I really thought the comments would be how they are canceling peoples reservations and refunding their money, then repricing at 1000 per night +. lol. but I see timing took precedence over that. haha. People are so funny, you can never tell what they will do. Just like toddlers. You buy them a toy they want to play with the box it came in. :D

It's a lot of younger people that may not know, they should not be looking at the eclipse without eye protection. they can really hurt their eyes. it also showed how sunglasses do not work. So I wanted our younger adults here the 18-23-year-olds to see the video on that account.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2017

lol, you not only watched the video you time it. Ok, no one would time a video on first watching the vedio. only after the first time, they go back and time it. So I am happy you enjoyed it.

The time is shown at the bottom of the video, lol
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,073 Member
    Yes, I heard about it. It's going to be viewable about 50 miles to the north of me (in some of the mountain areas). There's expected to be tens of thousands of people up there so I won't be going since the traffic will be a nightmare. Maybe people will record videos and post them on YouTube that I can watch later.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I read the words you posted.
    Solar Eclipse: August 21, 2017
    Some hotels are changing their prices, to 1000$ US dollars per night.
    this after they drop your reservation.
    You never specified that we needed to also watch the videos.

You assume that people have the time/can be bothered to watch it.
    If you want people to watch videos, you should just post them without the words, or include 'you need to watch the video for the full story' in your post.

The next visable solar eclipse for downunder will be july next year, and will be a partial one.
    We've got a total lunar eclipse coming up on NYE, it's due at midnight. oooo ominous.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif