Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Assign bathroom and items

crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
One of the biggest problems I have with butlers is they use my master bathroom instead of their personal bathroom. While I can lock them out of those rooms, the problem is the fact that they need to clean it once in a while.

I think items and rooms should be assign. Like if your butler has their own personal bathroom, if your sims have enough computers for the house hold, or if you like your sims to sit at a given spot at the table. I think we as players should be able to assign which sim can or can't use it, with still allowing them to clean/repair it.
I also think some things like computers, sims should be able to ask for permission or sneak their way on it. Like a kid sneaking onto their parents computer to play games.

Like I'm sure right now, many of you have personal computers, phones, etc. You most likely wouldn't someone even in your house to get access to your computer without your permission.

(I think this should include the bar. This should eliminate the drunk butler. Like it will keep them from making drinks for themselves, but they can still make it for others.)

Comments

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Good idea! I guess best you could do is lock the door, but then I guess he can't tidy up in there?

I've always wanted to assign rooms or at least objects actually. I like building dorm like houses sometimes and it seems stupid for sims not to just eat in their own room.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I agree with this idea. I lock butlers out of bedrooms and personal bathrooms so my sims have to clean it up themselves. But with the assign idea like with the bed things would make so much easier. Also at the dining table it would be very neat if each sim has their ''own'' chair.
    Would this be possible with a mod?
  • Options
    crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I agree with this idea. I lock butlers out of bedrooms and personal bathrooms so my sims have to clean it up themselves. But with the assign idea like with the bed things would make so much easier. Also at the dining table it would be very neat if each sim has their ''own'' chair.
    Would this be possible with a mod?

Unless if every item has a unique ID, then I doubt it. But also keep in mind, I never wrote a mod for this game before.
    But I'm iffy if a mod will stop a sim from using the item, but also allowing them to clean/repair it.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Something like this would really be handy. I've always wondered why this was never a thing.