Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Education GP

ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've mentioned this in comments on various other forums, but I wanted to put together a thread that focused exclusively on this idea that's been rattling around in my head for a while. I've got a lot of teenagers who are about to be young adults, and I would like to be able to send them to college sometime in the future. I think a whole education GP in general would be a good idea, because they could also add things like private school, the military academy/boarding school, and maybe even home schooling. I'd also like to see an education career track where you can work to become an administrator or professor.

Even though I don't see it ever happening, I think it would also be kewl if teens could drop out of HS and later get a sims version of a GED if they wanted. I understand the reason for pushing kids to stay in school within the game, however. I think it would just be a nice feature for this families who struggle, and maybe the kid drops out to take a low-paying job to take care of their family. I think it would help players tell more unique stories. Anyway, just a few thoughts I had on the education system in the game.

I would also like to see the return of after school activities.

What do you think?
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
Post edited by ShadyLady89 on

Comments

• Options
    Would also like to have the ping pong table return with university. I miss it so much.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I'd love for all of your ideas as an EP with a new world included.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    @MekoShark New world most definitely. I guess I kinda assumed that was a given, but I'm glad you brought it up.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Yes, I loved University (especially in TS2). A boarding school would be fun too (think of all the Harry Potter fans, LOL)! And I love your option to home school our Sim youngsters! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I really hope they give us more eps so we can have a university ep without having to worry about other things we want. I have a feeling next year will start to pick up though. I love this idea btw :)
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I always wanted one since TS2 but I don't think they will do it because for many people education isn't "fun". That's why on university expansions focus more on the fun activities rather than the actual education
  • Options
    AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would also love to see the return of after-school activities! Maybe the field trips, too. I'd like to see some after-school activities for teens as well (higher-level scouting, perhaps? Or a Chess Club?) They need something to put on their college applications, after all ;)

And scholarships! It can be like in the Sims 2, where if they have a high enough skill in, say, Writing, they might be able to secure one.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Vending Machines which will appear in The Sims 4 which again belongs to the residential lots or community lots.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    University has been one of my favourite expansions because of the immersion and extra life stage it added.

I would love the addition of a school GP that either opens university and/or adds the ability to follow children and teens to school much like doctor/scientist/investigator careers.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I would like to have university, I miss it from sims 3
  • Options
    crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    > @ShadyLady89 said:
    > Even though I don't see it ever happening, I think it would also be kewl if teens could drop out of HS and later get a sims version of a GED if they wanted. I understand the reason for pushing kids to stay in school within the game, however. I think it would just be a nice feature for this families who struggle, and maybe the kid drops out to take a low-paying job to take care of their family. I think it would help players tell more unique stories.

There is mods that allow this, teen pregnancy, and a few other things.

I would like it if they brought in home schooling and online college. Like right now I'm a student at my state uni. But all of my classes are online. My entire degree is online, because it is too far to travel and moving is out of the question.
    I would think if it was added, it would be smart to bring back the Sims 3 college pack.
  • Options
    @crua9 I don't use mods or CC in my game. I'm not adept enough to know how to make all that function without breaking my game, so I play without those things.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    > @ShadyLady89 said:
    > @crua9 I don't use mods or CC in my game. I'm not adept enough to know how to make all that function without breaking my game, so I play without those things.

It's actually not that hard. There is even a few videos on it.
    Go here http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=4
    Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HMjOkb6jd0
  • Options
    Oh that modthsims site is pretty family friendly. There is sites that aren't so family friendly.
    Note if a mod does break the game, just exit without saving and remove it. It's best to test the mod when you first get into a game. Maybe make a test game.
  • Options
    @ShadyLady89
    Oh and you should look into getting https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/
    This can stop your dead sims from being deleted by the game (yes this happens). When this happens books, paintings, etc will strip the name and their pic won't show on the family tree.

This also allows for other things like sims moving into houses, sims marrying each other, sims having kids, and so on outside of your household. It makes the world more alive.