Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a way to get fruit onto a lot for a challenge map? Any ideas?

Hi there, Like the title says I made a world that I intended to use for a challenge world, but part of the challenge was putting fruit and such on the lots as rations. I can't seem to find just the fruit in buydebug and was wondering if anyone knows some way to get in a world without a grocery store?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've never seen individual harvestables available in buydebug. The plants are there though. I'm guessing those won't work for your challenge though. Could you buy the fruit in one world, set it out on a lot, and then copy to the bin, the place in your world? I don't know if that would work.

If you have the canning station from the store, and the Canning Station Overhaul mod, I wonder if you could have a sim prepare rations, stick the jars on shelves on a lot, then copy the lot to the bin and place in another world. If that works you'd have a bit more flexibility with what you use as rations, but the stock would be limited to what you prepare before hand.

If you have WA, you could use the WA chests to spawn treasure. Just by going through the ctrl+shift click menu on the chest it seems you can set them to specifically spawn dried food. Would that work as rations? That might only work once per chest. I don't know if you could reset them somehow if that's not enough rations. Or maybe you could stock them (or any CC storage) with fruit in one game, copy the lot to the bin, and place in your challenge world.

The Humble Harvest Stands from the Store will have a rotating stock of produce (including WA and Store fruit if you have those installed) to purchase. As far as I can tell it's always 'excellent' quality and costs more. Functionally though, that's not that much different from a grocery store.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    That was a great idea! Thank you so much! I also love the idea of using the rations for the canning station, I hadn't even thought of that. I might just make that the only way to prepare food for my personal sims for this challenge!

I'll also tinker with the chests and see if I prefer that option.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can easily buydebug any harvestable with fruit on it already.They vary some are fruitless some with max yield.Each plant placed is different but after say placing apple trees harvest the amount you need go delete them place watermelon whatever.Repeat till you have the amounts of each type you need and just place the fruit in a World Adventures chest on the lot.Design it how you want and save it to your bin.Any time you place that lot it will have the fully stocked chest of fruits your own little ration box.Or quicker is to buy a ton you need from grocery store place them in the chest whichever but if you need life fruits and flame fruit rare stuff use buydebug.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Sometimes if I have a household with a horse random onions appear all over. Not sure why exactly. But maybe get a horse?
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone. What I wound up doing was placing a grocery store, buying the survival rations of apples, and then deleted it after each starting family purchased what they needed,